• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you pick for Disney Dining

What to pick for Dining Options

• Deluxe

• Disney Dining (Basic)

• Quick-Service

• none at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

livingskies78

Mouseketeer
What would you pick for Disney Dining

A little about ourselves DH, Me DD (9) DS (4) DS (2). We have been to DL lots and have stayed offsite with a two min walk to main gate, they don't have dining plan and it is easy to walk out of maingates for lots of food choices.

We will be staying at POR March 1- 8 2012
We will probably do a couple character meals
any suggestions

I would suggest the basic DDP for your family and make sure you make ADRs for the parks that you will be in or for the resorts that are nearest to the parks that you will be in each day, it will cut down the travel time to the restaurants that are out of the parks. If you are planning on doing some Signature dining, then I would suggest the DxDP, but if you are just going to be doing a couple of TS, then the basic DDP will be just fine. Have a great first trip to the World.

Since you're planning a few character meals and you have 2 kids who are considered Disney Children (9 and 4; the 2yo is free), the basic DDP is probably a good idea for you. I would suggest booking your ADRs now to be sure you can get the ones you actually want. Once you've got the ADRs, go ahead and add the DDP. You're still a little bit ahead of the real spring break crowds so I bet you'll be able to get some ADRs that you can be really happy with. For a family with kids under 10 who want several fixed price meals, the basic DDP can be a really good deal financially.

We prefer the cs plan to the regular plan.
We also do a couple of ts meals each trip (one being a character meal) and I have found that we can pay for the ddp (CS) and purchase 2 ts meals oop and still come out cheaper than buying the regular plan...and get extra meals. You also get 2 snacks per day on the CS plan (instead of 1) and the resort mug. Our family just doesnt like to be tied to a ts meal ressie each day and we prefer to be out in the parks riding instead of sitting for meals. We also have a just turned 3 yr old that isnt so great in a restaraunt. She gets bored with it all quickly and isnt an eater so its no fun for her to sit. Its quicker and easier to pick a cs place and get in and out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter