What would you do?

axavilez

Earning My Ears
I am so excited about our upcoming trip in December! I've always wanted to visit WDW for Christmas. Anyway, we have a 2 bedroom booked at BWV for our family of 3. We've also invited a family of 5 to join us. I've been debating whether or not to give the other family the larger 1 bedroom accomodations. It makes sense since they are the larger party. However, I really don't want to give up the more spacious accomodations. What would you do?

Do you mean give them the master suite? I suspect they would be better off in the 2nd bedroom which has two queen sized beds in it. Eight total is not hard to do, but there will be some necessary overlap of a couple of the kids on the sofa or in the floors of each bedroom no mater how you do it. I would simply take a couple of aerobeds (smallish ones) you all take the master, allowing your child to sleep in the floor and they can take the 2nd bedroom with the 2 beds in it and their child can sleep on the 2nd mattress. Just remember, no extra linens will be provided.

Do all 2 bedrooms at BWV have 2 beds? I thought only OKW had that configuration. I thought all the other resorts had 1 queen and a sleeper in the second bedroom, with some of the resorts having a few dedicated rooms with 2 beds in the second bedroom.

Regardless, I still would keep the master to myself and bring some aerobeds for the kids and also use the sleeper sofa for the kids.

My first thought is you are paying for it - so keep the Master for yourself. I know I wouldn't give it up!

But, how many children, ages and are they M/F will help to answer your question. I think there are different perpectives between toddlers, tweens, teens etc.

We have a very similar situation in early January. We have three in our family and our guests will have five - four adults and one small child. We will be giving them the second bedroom at OKW. We will get the master. Our son will sleep on the sleeper sofa in the living room.

My husband's friend and his wife and daughter will share one queen sized bed. His mom and stepfather will share the other. They are used to staying (all five of them) in an All Stars room, so this will be heaven for them. Their daughter just turned three and they wanted to do the right thing. They are going the same time as us (for the marathon, my husband and his friend run together), so we asked them to join us at OKW instead of squeezing into a value room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter