What would you do with one extra day? Help needed.

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
We have found ourselves with one extra day in the disney area. Yea! Bonus day.

But now we face the decision on how to use this day. :confused3

We will not be adding another day in the park but here are some options we are throwing around. The trip will include my mother, DD7, and DS 2 1/2. We would like to not spend a lot of money because we are headed to the beach for a week after our week of disney.

Options:

Swim at the resort that morning and when DS2 naps, leave him with his grandma and my daughter and I go to the grand floridian for tea (she has been asking to go have tea)

Legoland (more expensive but daughter has been asking to go and DS would enjoy it)

Wilderness lodge, either pony rides or horsebacking riding (another thing DD7 has been asking for). I know there was an episode on the dis about all you can do at this resort. I need to go back and find it because I think we can make a day of this resort. But my itunes not not seem to be working and I'm on a deadline here. Ideas?

What would you do with an extra day?

I would do the GF tea. Sounds like great mommy daughter time. Also, I love taking time and riding the monorail around to all the resorts, Poly, GF and CS. We always get off and just walk around and check out the shops, sit outside at the Poly with a drink, ect...

Legoland isn't all that close to Disney and it will be really expensive if you aren't looking to spend alot.

Can't say about Fort Wilderness, I've only had lunch there a couple times, but I do remember Teresa and Walter weren't all that impressed I don't think by the horse back riding.

Tea at GF definitely sounds like fun and will be less expensive than Legoland. I'm not sure about horseback/pony riding at Wilderness lodge, but I do remember a podcast that Teresa and Julie did about riding at Fort Wilderness. It was the Feb. 23, 2011 show if you want to check it out.
Have fun on your trip!:goodvibes

I forgot about the review Teresa did of Fort Wilderness. I was thinking of the one Corey and Julie did pre-kids several years back. I think they spent the whole day there.

Dang I need to get my itunes fixed so I can go back and listen.

We already have a DTD/pool day planned for mid week. And I think I have nixed legoland due to cost and we probably won't want another hot theme park day by then.

So, it's down to the tea with DD or a morning at Fort Wilderness. If we went in the evening would the 2 1/2 year old enjoy the Hooptie Do Review ( I have no idea if I spelled that correctly!).

I forgot about the review Teresa did of Fort Wilderness. I was thinking of the one Corey and Julie did pre-kids several years back. I think they spent the whole day there.

Dang I need to get my itunes fixed so I can go back and listen.

We already have a DTD/pool day planned for mid week. And I think I have nixed legoland due to cost and we probably won't want another hot theme park day by then.

So, it's down to the tea with DD or a morning at Fort Wilderness. If we went in the evening would the 2 1/2 year old enjoy the Hooptie Do Review ( I have no idea if I spelled that correctly!).
I'd go for the pool & GF tea (assuming you can get a reservation). I'd check that before making too many plans. Same goes for Hoop-Dee-Doo Review. I think it's pretty popular.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter