What would you do with $1.5 million? (spinoff)

What??? You have d-d-d-debt??? And a car lease?? How dare you… don’t you know other people have had cars for 9382 years and they are in tip top shape and completely paid off… you should too… strangers on the internet are right. Lol. We have debt too… and we go on vacation!! Yes vacation. But I never talk about our finances on here… too many know it all’s

Agreed many people have quite a bit of insecurity when it comes to finances. One way to cope is to point out how others are spending foolishly.

Agreed many people have quite a bit of insecurity when it comes to finances. One way to cope is to point out how others are spending foolishly.
Yes!! That was what I was thinking but you said it much better then I did. Everyone on here has it together but they love to talk trash about their family/neighbors/coworkers. When it’s 100% not their place to talk

Yes!! That was what I was thinking but you said it much better then I did. Everyone on here has it together but they love to talk trash about their family/neighbors/coworkers. When it’s 100% not their place to talk

Exactly. Myself included....

Fwiw, you were the one that started talking trash in this thread. Everyone else was just sharing their plans.
Oh I love posts like this on here. Gives everyone a chance to show off how debt free they are!!! So much fun.

ok and? Tell me that didn’t happen… right away it’s well we don’t have a mortgage or all my cars are paid off so…. It’s just not normal but think what you want.
You're on a message board built around a vacation destination that appeals to upper incomes. If you're going to be insecure about money talks in those circles... you probably shouldn't click on threads that are about money.

For full transparency, we have a mortgage and a car loan currently. That debt is largely strategic due to low interest rates. I wouldn't want to pay it off, even with a 1.5 million windfall but that's our choice. I'm not judging people who value being debt free.

ok and? Tell me that didn’t happen… right away it’s well we don’t have a mortgage or all my cars are paid off so…. It’s just not normal but think what you want.
Peeps were just responding to the thread it seemed didn't see any remarks that rose to a bad level (and there have been ones in the past for sure). I have no idea what your issue was of this thread but it just sorta turned this thread sour for no apparent reason. Honestly? Your tone came across rather haughty something of which I think you were actually trying to say others were like. I apologize for the bluntness there. Anyways it just was a weird turn of a thread I guess is what I was trying to get at.

Funny, I didn't see anyone bragging about being mortgage-free or debt free. In fact, many people mentioned paying off credit card or student loan debt. I guess some people see what they're looking for.

FWIW, we have a mortgage, and a $1.5M windfall wouldn't change that. I'm not proud of my mortgage, but I'm not ashamed of it, either. It's just...there.

I have a mortgage that I really can't afford but so what? Being debt free doesn't mean that that person is rich and having a mortgage doesn't mean that the person is less than rich. Except maybe in my case. ;)

I would still donate and stay in debt.

You're on a message board built around a vacation destination that appeals to upper incomes. If you're going to be insecure about money talks in those circles... you probably shouldn't click on threads that are about money.

For full transparency, we have a mortgage and a car loan currently. That debt is largely strategic due to low interest rates. I wouldn't want to pay it off, even with a 1.5 million windfall but that's our choice. I'm not judging people who value being debt free.
There are those that admit they are insecure and those that are sailing down a river in Egypt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter