What would you change about WDW if you had the chance

-I too would love to see an affordable hotel option for larger families. While we're at it, just make all the hotels more affordable for anyone. I would like to stay at a deluxe too you know ;)
-Stop raising the ticket prices, and maybe bring them down some. I know you can buy more and it costs less, but some people don't have the time to stay for 7 or more days to get the full benefit.
-Bring back the 2007 DDP, if it is too much food, don't eat it all. I also liked having the tip included because I like to have all expenses covered before hand. And the PP's that mentioned this are right, the age limit for the adult should be raised to at least 12, most 10 year olds don't eat like an adult yet. However, anyone should have the option of getting the adult plan for a child they know will eat it all, like my 11 year old cousin who is 5'6" :scared1:

- I think every resort should have a designated set of buses.
- Revamp fastpass system as stated above by twinkelbug (awesome idea!)
- Get a better handle on removing guests who should not be in the parks for EMH
- More rooms at the value resorts for guests with more than 2 children (reasonably priced!)
- Refurb SM, but leave the original theming and music
- Add me to the list of "change the coffee" people! :)

...one is from the little boy in me who thinks money grows on trees:

- Monorail to every park and hotel
- Have characters walking around the park like they used to, instead of standing in line for them
- Bring back 20,000Leagues
- Build a big, very Disney-fied park with wild rollercoasters
- Have slides and over-the-top themes at each resort pool

...and the other is from the grown-up (somewhat) fiscally responsible side:

- Return the dining plan to it's original state, or at least an appitizer or desert option
- Free bottled water, with a corporate partner
- More family suites
- Reduce number of tickets sold to special ticketed events (MVMCP, MNSSH, PPP)
- Continue to develop DHS and AK, but at a faster rate
- At least one new country in WS, such as Brazil, India or Russia

I'd do away with the DDP completely.

Enforce the return times on FPs & don't make the FP machines available during AM EMH.

Bring back the resort specific mugs and enforce their use.

Bring back the original Journey into Imagination.

Quit shrinking the sizes of things like popcorn buckets, waffle cones, etc.

As much as I love the gas powered cars for Indy using an alternative fuel source would be very "green" and environmentally friendly.

Figure out a better way to ensure that hard-ticket events (MNSSHP, MVMCP, P&PP) are attended by only those that have the hard-tickets in hand. And along that same train of thought reduce the number of tickets sold to these events. The nights of these hard-ticket events shouldn't be as crowded as a regular day.

Create a character meal more geared towards boys, i.e. Star Wars, Toy Story, and such.

Bring back some of the AP and/or DVC perks of years gone by - free 5x7 photo with the characters comes to mind.

Change the age groups - make people start buying tickets when their child is 5 or 6 (kindergarten age) instead of three. Raise the adult age to 13 or 15 instead of 10.

The fingerprint machines at the entrance...for so many reasons.

I would suggest having a universal (generically used word, not the park) FP system that you could enter your card into at any FP machine in the park to get a FP for a certain ride rather than having to go all the way to that ride to get a FP. After you put in your card, you would be prompted to select the ride you wanted the FP for. It sure would save a lot of time walking back and forth through the parks to get FP's. In fact, I would love it if you could get, for example, 5 FP's at one time at one machine for 5 different rides to be used for the whole day throughout the day.

I'd line the bus waiting area (at the parks) with benches. I'd make it all a skinny row of benches (winding, like they do), so no one could walk past.

Brilliant!!! I remember waiting for the bus after a long, exhausting day at AK. The choice was stand in the shade or sit in the sun (and possibly lose place in line).

Some great suggestions so far, including the benches in the waiting area (providing better line maintenance) and varying the buffets a little more.

Add me to the list for better coffee, not as bad as a cruise ship but not great none the less.

FP: Perhaps tweak it so that you can get an additional FP if you stay at a value, two additional if you stay at a moderate, three for a deluxe, etc. If you can afford a 3BR villa, you can get unlimited. I'd like to see a better advantage to paying the additional $ for staying at a Disney resort. Early entry and a meal plan access doesn't make up for it.

Bathrooms/General Cleanliness: Has really decreased over the past several years, this past July, the MainStreet USA bathroom was worse than a gas station.

MK: Do something with the TreeHouse; revamp the speedway.

Epcot: Revamp the Universe of Energy and the Wonders of Life (or at least put Cranium Command somewhere).

AK: Wider walkways though probably can't be done. That park just strikes me as too congested everytime we've been.

BB: More shade trees

Values/Moderates: Add/Lengthen the water slides at the pool areas. POFQ pool is great, it'd be even better with a longer slide.

I would bulldoze over the Country Bear Jamboree. In fact, I'm volunteering my services right now, although it will require me to learn how to operate a bulldozer.

Also, I would sell fewer tickets to special events like MNSSHP, Pirates and Princesses, etc.

I would not change anything when is comes to how it looks just the prices of things1 It is very costly to go to WDW! Its seems like they always raise there prices! Its till a great, fun place to go ( if you have the money) :rotfl2: :lmao:

Not much I would change about Disney! Of course, cheaper prices would be nice, but if they cut the ticket prices in half, then Disney would be way way way overcrowded and whatnot!

Actually, come to think of it, I agree with the all the ideas stated so far! You are actually getting me pumped to go to Disney and in the future be a Disney Imagineer! (that last one is in my dreams)

Probably some repeats here and probably all are wishful thinking but here are some things I think I think would help:

• Give us free hopping -- yes I like that the 7 day is just a few dollars more than the 4 day but hopping should be automatic for anything over 2 days
  • I know this is insane but.....can we have LESS character meals? I know, my kids are older now (18, 16, 10, 9) and I've had my share of character meals but....we actually survived all those early trips without tons of character meals -- it was nice having dinner at the Liberty Tree (and not having turkey and stuffing in Aug when it is 100 degrees outside)
  • More characters around the park at random times and not at the designated area -- how un-magical and planned
  • In the MK -- dump Stitch, please no more Buzz like rides (Buzz is fine), boy I miss 20,000 leagues and Mr. Toad (but who today knows those movies other than 40+ parents), bring back Walt on Mainstreet, and please provide at least one good restuarant option in the MK
  • EP -- bring back the original Figment, new 3D movie, put something in the Wonders of Life spot, yes, I am one of those this misses lost Epcot rides like Horizons (no other ride in Epcot gives that wonder and expectancy of the future like that ride did), World of Motion and the old Energy movie (please redo the pre-show).
  • AK -- more stuff....it is still a 6-7 hour park.
  • Studios -- update Star Tours SOON with a new movie and newer technology (VR maybe), find a way to incorporate newer movies more quickly as attractions -- which means that the parks and movie part of the companies should be working on Movie and Attraction at the same time, for dinner -- have a dress code for the Brown Derby. We don't eat there anymore because it just doesn't feel right
  • More entertainment in the parks throughout the day -- you know there used to be a bunch more going on through-out the day. Shows at the Epcot fountain, singers on Main Street, many more Steetmosphere entertainers in the Studios, a 30 minute tree lighting ceremony during the holidays -- many things like this have been cut
  • Bring back e-ride nights -- keep the tickets to a min (few thousand) and charge $10 -- and do them at all parks not just the MK (and make available to resort guests only)
  • Keep morning EMH as is just like the old "early open" program was (and free)
  • Increase transportation options -- I'm sorry, if I'm paying $40 per family member x 6 then need to spend 45-60 minutes to hop from one park to another in the middle of the day -- that doesn't sound right. I know it is cost effective but not very customer friendly
  • In general -- I know I am crazy on this -- it used to be that Disney did many many things each day in the parks, in transportation, in the resort just because they knew that is what made WDW Disney. You just knew it was expensive doing it and you just knew that you could live without them but that extra stuff is what made Disney Disney -- doing things that they didn't HAVE to do to make money but doing them anyway. I miss that. I think that is the thing most lacking and folks who didn't go 15-20 years ago will never know (which is probably why it will never return to that level of service)

No special fast passes for Disney guests until they make more places for large families.

I'd bring back merchandised themed to the various parks and shops instead of the same generic merchandise everywhere at WDW.

This has been a great thread. I'll hop the get-rid-of-stitch wagon! I hate that ride. THAT SMELL!

I would also make it so you can get FP for any ride at any machine. I hate running around the park like a crazy person alone to get the next set!

Coffee is another great idea!~I usually bring my own!

-Get rid of the pseudo-wheat rolls. I haven't even tried them yet but from what I've read, I already regret them.

-Add at least one more D and E ticket attractions to each of DHS & AK.

-Add a new country(severely overdue) including a D or E ticket attraction to EC WS.

-Replace WoL with a new attraction/pavilion.

-Finish the other half of POP.

-Bulldoze RC. I don't care that it is barricaded off, the pics I've seen are too depressing.

-Get rid of Pooh's Playground and replace the attraction you removed. :mad:

-Restore Main St to it's former beauty...Magic Shop, Main St. Cinema, Penny Arcade, etc...

-Get rid of the carnie area in AK...so un-disney and I don't care what the back story is. :rotfl:

-Bring the animators back to the animation tour or get rid of it completely.

-Add more buses and reduce the capacity so that people standing aren't wall to wall and the people who are sitting don't get a first hand look at their behinds.:eek:

-Update the following attractions ASAP...CoP, CBJ and JC!

-Retrain the housekeepers to focus on cleaning rooms instead of making towel animals.:sad2:

Now get to work!!!!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter