What will WDW be in 10 years?

Oh to be a fly on the wall in a Disney board room...

Unless Disney starts trimming the fat - most notably, ABC, I fear it will continue to lose it's grip as Entertainment King. But, as time as shown us, Disney just isn't happy being Disney anymore. They want to own it all, do it all, be it all. In the end, they're forgetting what made them successful in the first place. Animation. REAL animation - not just computer generated stuff.

Ten years from now, I can see two things happening for sure, DCA closing up shop (or at the very least, being revamped into something more Disney-like, maybe another Disney Studios theme park or something) and a whole different AK. The park just isn't cutting it as is (I kind of like it, but I'm in the minority), and I think they're going to start plopping all sorts of new stuff in there (even if it's cheesy carnival ride junk), just to attract more people.

What I would LIKE to see is Disney standing up in front of the whole world and announcing that they're going back to basics at their theme parks and will be concentrating seriously on the details. A whole new advertising scheme based on being the best in the business when it comes to details and maintenance. That would take alot of nerve on their part, but man, would it be impressive. And even more impressive if they actually ACTED on it.

;) ;) ;)

tixx, Welcome to the discussion

OT- your signature is really cool, how did you do that?

:bounce:

I foresee Michael Eisner retaining a grip on the company, rather like the pope, clinging to the papacy despite the fact that he is no longer physically capable of carrying out his duties.

In a dream world, Eisner would be replaced, and creativity would be reinstated in the aspects of the company that made it famous: movies and theme parks. The rest of the divisions of the company would be dropped, and the budget strains would be lifted.

But that's in a dream world.

:D

WDW will still be the first choice of many vacationers throughout the world. I think there may be some drastic changes (Michael Eisner no longer being in charge). The Disney company as a whole will make some major changes for sure, which of course, will cause a "down" period for the company. WDW will continue to expand, but I don't expect too much more. I see a trend of more "thrill" rides making their way into the parks. Overall, though, the Disney Magic will still be there, perhaps even more evident to the disenchanted. Things will get worse before they get better, but I firmly believe that things are great right now, with the exception of the Disney Stores ( major changes need to be done...at least for the stores in my area).

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow...

Mickey76:D

I think Disney is proving that it is at least trying to keep the parks fresh. With the new additions of Mission Space and Mickeys Philharmagic added to their attractions, both very costly at that, they seem to be letting us know they plan to be around and still competing for our vacation $$s in the years to come.
Mt Everest expedition is next for BIG attractions. I dont see any end to it. Disney is a business. Period.
DVC IMO is another way for them to keep the park doors open when everything else is crumbling. We are DVCers and I look very forward to the coming yrs. I have been to WDW for the last 4 yrs and in that short time I have seen some huge changes. The CMs are always friendly and I take into account that they all have different personalities. I personally dont want a fake smile or a fake gesture. When it comes from the heart it means so much more and truly keeps that Disney magic alive.

10 yrs from now, it will be the same, but it will be different. It will have grown with the times, it has to keep up with the times. Yet it will still retain that hometown feel and appeal. It has to, thats why we all go back. MK alone draws us back to simpler times.
It touches on our emotions. Not just MK but all of WDW.
For the naysayers I say next time your in the World (this is coming from a builder) STOP, and LOOK at all the intricate detail that goes into EVERYTHING. I get goosebumps reflecting on things I have seen in the workmanship. See if you see any wires hanging around anywhere. Think about all the activity going on a few feet below you in the corridors to make your day magical.

Where else can a 38 yr old go and be as big a kid as his own kids are without others looking at you like youve lost it.

10 yrs from now, I think Walt and all the rest of the Disney family will be proud.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter