• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What will happen when CCV becomes available to book?

KSkywalker17

Earning My Ears
We're relatively new DVC owners and was curious as to what you guys think will happen to availability when CCV becomes available for reservations. I read somewhere that it may be available for non-owners to book around the end of April (just in time to book a Thanksgiving trip).

Will CCV fill up at 8:00am and continue to be a hot ticket through the new year? Will we see a bunch of openings at other resorts because people are switching to CCV to check it out? Will availability stay the same because the rental market will fill the void even though their is additional room inventory.

I figure there are a lot of owners on the boards who have seen quite a few new resorts come on line and can give us an idea of what to expect!

Will CCV fill up at 8:00am and continue to be a hot ticket through the new year?
Yes.

Will we see a bunch of openings at other resorts because people are switching to CCV to check it out?
Don't know that I would go so far as to say "a bunch." Keep in mind that CCV is ~172 units. Probably 20% of them will be bookable on points at the start, not all 172. So that's a whopping 35 units.

Which is also why it fill fast and hard at 8AM each day. Assuming a mix of units, there just isn't much that will be declared. Everything else will be cash, and we will see owners whining on every board out there about "y cash no points for Copper Creek????!"

In my experience with the new resorts they have not booked up fast and it's been an easier time for availability. Will Thanksgiving itself or the first week of December be easy? That's more difficult to say but my first 2 VGF reservations were first week of December using non-VGF points.

Yes.

Don't know that I would go so far as to say "a bunch." Keep in mind that CCV is ~172 units. Probably 20% of them will be bookable on points at the start, not all 172. So that's a whopping 35 units."

Ohhhhh. I thought all 172 were going to be available from day one. So they slowly make the rooms available as they sell the resort points?

Ohhhhh. I thought all 172 were going to be available from day one. So they slowly make the rooms available as they sell the resort points?

Correct.

Right now, the Poly isn't 100% declared, and it's been selling a while. All units won't be declared to start at CCV. The cash reservations are proceeds for the developer in the meantime while points are being sold. AS of the last declaration at Poly, 74% of the units are declared - 246 studios and 16 bungalows. There are still 100 units "owned" by DVC and not bookable on points. Frankly, I'd expect the last of the studios to be declared fairly soon, possibly as a group, now that CCV is live.

In my experience with the new resorts they have not booked up fast and it's been an easier time for availability. Will Thanksgiving itself or the first week of December be easy? That's more difficult to say but my first 2 VGF reservations were first week of December using non-VGF points.

I had similar experiences booking VGF and Poly when they first opened. Easy seven month reservations, but we were traveling in July which is lower DVC season. I'm hoping to change either my October or January reservations to CC. I think January will be easier for me to get.

I'm also secretly hoping that someone with a beach club reservation will switch to CC and I can pounce on their reservation and finally try out that resort. I can dream right?

I would agree with that. Many owners don't aggressively follow these things online. Some don't rush to try an unproven property. And so early in sales, there are few owners to compete with. The months right after a resort opens can prove to be one of the easiest times for non-owners to get a reservation.

As for number of villas available in 2017, the initial declaration for Copper Creek included the following:

3 Dedicated Studios
4 Dedicated One Bedroom Villas
10 Lockoff Two Bedroom Villas
17 Dedicated Two Bedroom Villas
2 Grand Villas
12 Cabins

I think the fact that the declaration aligns to both Fall Frenzy and Christmas at the Lodge is a major factor.

I don't think the cabins book up quick, but the 13 studios and thus also the lock off 2BRs? Quick. There are 44/54 total typical units, with a couple of GVs and CrazyCabins for shifts. Still not enough to create "lots" of availability for any given date when looked at across DVC if people are changing, versus new bookings.

I had similar experiences booking VGF and Poly when they first opened. Easy seven month reservations, but we were traveling in July which is lower DVC season. I'm hoping to change either my October or January reservations to CC. I think January will be easier for me to get.

I'm also secretly hoping that someone with a beach club reservation will switch to CC and I can pounce on their reservation and finally try out that resort. I can dream right?
I'm with you!

Being a relatively new owner, I am obviously not speaking from experience. However, I think CCV should play out a bit differently than VGF and PVB opening because of its relatively low point cost. Villas in VGF and PVB generally cost more point-wise, so that may turn away some potential owners. Plus, those that have already planned a stay at BRV would likely be interested in switching over the CCV because they will essentially be at the same location, but in a new villa instead. Maybe I am over-analyzing this?

LAX

Being a relatively new owner, I am obviously not speaking from experience. However, I think CCV should play out a bit differently than VGF and PVB opening because of its relatively low point cost. Villas in VGF and PVB generally cost more point-wise, so that may turn away some potential owners. Plus, those that have already planned a stay at BRV would likely be interested in switching over the CCV because they will essentially be at the same location, but in a new villa instead. Maybe I am over-analyzing this?

LAX

I agree. I think the overlap to fall/Christmas is also going to play a role we didn't see to the same extent with those properties. VGF opened in October, so I'm sure there was some flopping around, but most of the 7 month bookings were post-marathon. Poly started booking in spring, so it's a little closer on this timing with CCV, but I think the dynamics vary due to points and the lack of "oooh, WL Christmas." Poly's got history and mystique, but it doesn't have the same bucket list for December element.

Those that frequent vwl, how do you get to Epcot from here? Bus or some easier way? Thank you!

It's bus to Epcot. If you want a travel adventure you could do the resort boat to CR and then the monorail to TTC and switch to the Epcot monorail. Or boat to MK, monorail or boat to TTC and monorail to Epcot.

Bus will be faster though.

Last edited:
Those that frequent vwl, how do you get to Epcot from here? Bus or some easier way? Thank you!

To EPCOT? Take the boat to the Contemporary, then hop on the Monorail. We try to avoid the busses as much as possible for the MK Loop and EPCOT. Love the boat rides! (Less Hub Bub)

To EPCOT? Take the boat to the Contemporary, then hop on the Monorail. We try to avoid the busses as much as possible for the MK Loop and EPCOT. Love the boat rides! (Less Hub Bub)
Does the boat go to the ticket and transportation center or you have to go to the contemporary?

Pretty sure that when taking the monorail you will have to change from the MK loop to the Epcot loop at the TTC. The bus, while not as interesting is the direct route IMO.

I think the bus has to be a much faster way to get to EPCOT from WL. I could see us taking a bus to EPCOT then ride the monorail back to TTC, take the express monorail to MK, and pick up a ferry from MK to Wilderness Lodge. The express monorail is faster than the resort monorail as it only stops at MK and the TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter