What were you really into as a kid (8-13)

8? Barbies and The Monkees and drawing. 13? Star Trek and Doctor Who and drawing. Inbetween was a mixture of these things. At every age I loved libraries and checking out books. My favorite books were Harriet the Spy, Hangin' Out With CeCe and From The Mixed Up Files Of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. I loved anything written by Paula Danziger.

Still draw, still love The Monkees and Star Trek. Still go to the library.

We lived on a cul de sac. The grassy part in the middle became our cave for Land of the Lost, our house for Little House on the Prairie, our stables for our horses( aka bikes), our bunker when we played Combat, and another cave when we played gargoyles(bad 70's movie that apparently had an impact on all of us),our racetrack when we played Speed Racer and the perfect place for bases in a rousing game of kickball! It was, literally, the center of our little universe.

Burning ants with a magnifying glass. Something I would never think of doing today.

More productively I enjoyed spending time on the piano.

8 ish range.... Smurfs, my weeble wobble tree house, The Cassidy bothers :), Merlin game, chinese jump rope.

13 ish - sports (Basketball, swimming team, skating lessons, skiing lessons, softball, dance lessons..I was busy busy busy!!) Scott Adams games on the Commodore 64 ! I think Atari came out around then too. I didnt have it, but my BFF was one of the first to get it. We played pacman and frogger a lot. Listened to a lot of music too. Loved my 45's!!

Disney and Superman (comics, tv show.) From 10 forward add rock n roll to the mix.:)

I liked Barbies, cats, (and I still do). I also seem to remember playing w/Lite Brite a lot. I also loved hanging out w/my cousin, music and attempting to dance. I remember how exciting it was to get a boom box thing. My cousin and I would spend hours and hours demonstrating our musical abilities both singing and dancing in our grandparents' basement and yard. That's probably my fondest memories of summer vacation as a child. I also remember I was obsessed with Madonna, she was my idol.

I started at 6, in the late 70s, until the early 80s when I was 13, and I was into Star Wars and KISS. 40+ years later, not much has changed. Except for Batman and Disney have also been added to the mix.

Lite Brite, Spirograph, reading, coloring, legos, Star Wars, Barbie, Hello Kitty.
I was an only child and there really weren't many kids in the neighborhood so most things were solo.
My mom and I did play a lot of board games on weekends and Canasta.

I lived rural with siblings that were 6-13 years older than me so not usually any playmates. My activities included running wild around the farm, playing pretend in a barnyard full of imaginary people, making magazines and newspapers, playing piano, messing with the barn cats, and playing games on the Commodore 64. My "kids" were a knock off homemade Cabbage Patch doll, another homemade doll, and a homemade Grumpy Bear.

I was obsessed with books. When I was 9, we moved to a new house in a smaller city and I could ride my bike to the municipal library. First I read every book in their young adult section. Then I started reading the adult fiction section but the librarian had an issue with that. So my mother came in and literally signed a piece of paper stating she knew I was reading adult books and had her permission. It was goal to read every book in that section but my Dad took a new job in a new state when I still had two shelves to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter