What was your first resort?

Technically the Poly when I was 3, I have vague memories of that trip. The first resort I have clear memories of is POFQ (back when it was the only Port Orleans). First resort I paid for with my own money was ASM.

We did a split stay. First, we stayed at All Star Sports, then we moved to Animal Kingdom Lodge. These tow remain our 2 favorites. We have stayed at both. We prefer to stay at AS Sports the night before a cruise.

Shades of Green in 95. We’ve stayed there several times since then but not in the last 2 decades

I don't remember the very first one that was almost 35yrs ago. However, the first with my girls was POP

Poly in 1972 with Mom and Brother. I was 19 and it is still one of my favorite memory’s. Stayed there years ago and it didn’t feel the same without them.

All-Star Movies in 2010. My family had only gone to Disney twice up until then and had stayed off-site. When I got back from a deployment to Iraq, I treated my siblings to a Disney trip. We were all in our 20s but had a great time. Now I am married with kids and we go frequently. We have stayed at the All-Star Resorts several times, but now Fort Wilderness is my favorite.

2017 Coronado springs. We originally booked at Caribbean beach, but we found out that they had construction going on, so we booked at Coronado springs, and when we got there we realized that they were also under the construction. LOL

....our first ON-SITE stay was at the CORRRRRRRRRRONADO Springs. [...at least that's how our tram driver said it as he drove us up to our building....:lmao: ]

We did a split stay. First, we stayed at All Star Sports, then we moved to Animal Kingdom Lodge. These tow remain our 2 favorites. We have stayed at both. We prefer to stay at AS Sports the night before a cruise.

To reacclimate yourself to small rooms. :rotfl:
Actually, AKL and All Star Music are my 2 favorites, too. Since I am DVC, I rarely stay elsewhere now. I did still stay All Stars when I did RunDisney events. But the last RunDisney events I did, I stayed DVC too. But I still am nostalgic for AS Music. Fun times, fond memories.

1980 The Dutch Inn with my kids
1983 Days Inn
1992 Hampton Inn
2000 Contemporary Hotel
2015 Contemporary Hotel CL
2022 Contemporary Hotel CL(canceled from 2020)

CBR 1992! Just returned on a surprise short visit with my kids in Dec. 2020. Has that changed!!?? But still the same?? Been to other resorts in between.

Port Orleans French Quarter was ours, in 2019! Loved it so much and nothing beats grabbing a bag of beignets at the end of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter