What was your first resort?

POP was our first resort in 2006 and is still our main resort today. We have stayed at AKL and ASMo and will be at Movies in September again but I always feel like we are cheating on POP when we stay at other resorts. 😂

In 2018, we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and had a blast. Made us think about coming again and we ended up making a trip this past March.

CBR way back in 2009. We enjoyed our stay, but have not stayed there since. At one point, we talked about trying to stay somewhere different every trip, but we didn't stick to it. We still like to try new places.

Riverside, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge became our favs. We are trying Saratoga Springs in January 2022. We drive and have a car on site and I like the idea of being close to DS.

Contemporary in 1996-previously we stayed 4 times in hotels in the Disney Springs area, or in 1972 in Kissimmee! My kids thought the monorail was cool, but I have not been back. We have actually stayed in 6 different resorts since then. The only two I'd go back to are POFQ and YC.

OKW via RCI exchange. It must of been 15 years ago, perhaps more. I bought a small resale package there soon after.

The first resort I stayed in was Caribbean Beach Resort in 1991. That was my second trip to Disney. For my first Disney trip, we camped at Fort Wilderness. That was in the mid-80’s, but I still have really fond memories of that trip.

As a family with my husband and our children the first resort stay was at the POLYNESIAN Resort.
It is well past my price point now :(

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?
My first resort was All Star Music. Yes, we stayed there again and no, it's not my favorite resort. In fact, it is my least favorite resort.

We bought DVC as soon as we got home. We have stayed at every resort except the YC, AoA, FW and RIV. We'll be at RIV on our next trip.

Port Orleans French Quarter is where we always stayed when I was a kid in the 90's, though I'm pretty sure it was just called Port Orleans back then. As an adult I've stayed at Coronado most often, and sadly haven't been back to POFQ.

As a kid - many many years ago - our family stayed at the Contemporary & Ft. Wilderness.

As an adult, 1st was POFQ in 2016. It was ...OK. Then All Star Sports in 2018 - LOVED it 😊!

Hoping to get back to All Stars in a year or so once things return to normal.

My "dream" stay would be AKL Savannah view.

Port Orleans Riverside on our first trip in 2015 for our Honeymoon and then we booked to go right back there in 2017. It's a lovely resort and we'd love to stay at French Quarter one day too, maybe in 2024 if we continue our trend of trying to go every other year. We loved POR because while it's Disney, it's not too Disney and was great for our honeymoon - we could go for a nice walk along the river, get the boat the Springs or grab some hot chocolate in our refillable mugs and go for a carriage ride around the resort. Can you tell I really want to go back?!?!

First family trip- Contemporary...only stayed 4 nights since we went last minute and I was a rookie that didn't plan like I do now. Loved it. Stayed in a Garden Wing to save a few bucks.
First solo trip- Port Orleans French Quarter. Learned some lessons from that family trip and planned and researched. Great trip. A solo trip is almost too much of an embarrassment of riches for a Disney fan.

One night at AKV Kidani in a savannah view room. It was amazing. First all onsite stay was CBR in 2014.

First Disney resort was Dixie Landings (now POR) in 1995. Our daughter was five at the time and everything was magical! POR and POFQ were our go-to resorts for years when the kids were young. So many happy times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter