What was your first Disney Deluxe Resort? And moderate and value?

Moderate: POR, 1999
Deluxe: AKL, 2002

We have always enjoyed our stays at WDW, regardless of where we were. We have now stayed at POR twice; AKL once; CSR once and POFQ once.

The GF was my first stay on property and first deluxe. It was wonderful - pure luxury!

I can't remember my first Mod, but I like them all.

OKW was my first HAFH and I didn't like the "condo" atmosphere but loved the room size.

All Star Sports was my only value and there wasn't much I liked about it. We stayed because it was New Years Eve and that's all that was available. I wouldn't stay there again, but I'd try Pop!

First Deluxe - Poly :love:

First Mod - POR :love:

First Value - ASMu :(

Loved Poly - I'm a big fan of tiki torches. Loved POR - always reminds me of my honeymoon. Didn't care for ASMu - food court and room too small.

Michelle

*Fantasia* said:
What did or didn't like about your first stay at the deluxe, moderate or value?
Did the place met your expectation or were you dissapointed? Is this your favorite resort?

Deluxe: WL~ Our first deluxe! We went in Dec 2004 and went in Feb 2005. Beautifully done with Christmas decorations. I can't think of anything I don't like about this resort. I just wish that their food court was bigger and have more varieties.
It met my expectation. This is a breathtaking resort! We stayed in the Courtyard both times. This is our first and only stay at the deluxe... so I guess so far this is my favorite!

Moderate: CBR~ I liked the themeing, the food court with lots to choose from, I liked the hammocks. I didn't like the fact that twice our visits, there were cockroaches in our room. The carpet wet. The tub drainage is clogged.
I was a little bit dissapointed the fact of what I have experienced in the room. We stayed in Jamaica #45 in Sept 2000- not renovated. Then the second time, we stayed in Martinique #26 in June 2004- already went through renovation.

Value: ASMovies~ I can't think of anything I don't like about this resort. Seeing and hearing little children everywhere doesn't bother me cause I have small children myself. Stayed at ASMo Sept 2000, Dec 2001, and March 2005. I have stayed at POP and loved everything about it. I guess POP is now my favorite value. I still like ASMo!!

If I ever see you at WDW, I'm going to buy you the sweetest sundae or something thereof I can find - you always have something nice to say and represent what the Dis boards should be (but not always) are about! :grouphug:

First deluxe was CR - tower room back in the 70's. First moderate - CBR. Never stayed in a value but would chose POP if I stayed in a value. It looks like fun.

whooo hoooo just hit 1,000 post! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

first Deluxe was WL - we thought we died and went to heaven. kids were 5 & 4 at the time and we just check out from Quality Inn (outside the world) because we had no "magic" feeling. Will always love WL....

First Moderate was Port Orleans- Kids loved the pool...I happened to like that resort as well.

Never stayed at Value-

Our first, and only deluxe resort was the Beach Club. We loved it and returned there to stay at the villas in 02. The location of the resort and Storm Along Bay can't be beat. Our first moderate was Coronado Springs. A very pretty resort but too spread out for me. We stayed in the French Quarter last summer and liked it much better. DD loved the pool and I loved the atmosphere and how close everything was. We haven't stayed in a value resort....yet.

Deluxe--BoardWalk Inn--I loved it. It remains one of my favorite Disney resorts. I love the casual elegance and the feeling of relaxation it offers combined with the hustle and bustle of the BoardWalk itself. I also love the decor and theming. Of course, the location is great too. :)

Moderate--I haven't stayed at a moderate yet (but I'll be at POR in a mere 9 days Woo Hoo!)

Value--All Star Music--I have stayed here twice, and I enjoyed myself both times. I don't like that there's only one sink, but otherwise I really liked it. As far as value resorts go, I prefer Pop Century, but I wouldn't mind another stay at ASMu at all. :)

First Deluxe - Contemporary Resort (1972), I was just amazed at the place, I had never seen anything like it, especially for a 12 year old.

First Moderate - Caribbean Beach, stayed there just after it opened. Too big for my liking

First Value- All Star Music, stayed there also right after it opened, the entire resort was not finished.

MPLsDad said:
If I ever see you at WDW, I'm going to buy you the sweetest sundae or something thereof I can find - you always have something nice to say and represent what the Dis boards should be (but not always) are about! :grouphug:

Thank you! I love sundae...with cherries on top! :flower: DIS board should be fun and educational whether it be about Disney or not. I try to keep away from debates, especially those that ends up being "ugly." It's all about fun and respecting each other whether you disagree or agree with the topics. :flower:

Thanks everyone!! :)
I enjoy reading every post! Please keep it coming! :cheer2: :banana:

First Deluxe: Polynesian in the late 70's with my parents... yep, way back when WDW only had 2 resorts... I thought it was awesome. After 30 years I'm going back (tomorrow, yeah!) with my DH and DD7.

First Moderate: CBR in 1999. It was ok, but not great. All we remember is long waits for the bus and slightly damp room.

First Value: Pop in 2004 and we loved it. Have come back to it whenever we want to do a "quickie" weekend to WDW.

our first stay was at ASM. it was a good place to stay. kids running around dont bother me but the drunken redsox fans did, that was something else. both of my DS at the time hadnt reached the teen growth spurt so the rooms werent too confining.

we havent stayed at any moderates yet but like POR

our deluxe stay was at the WL. courtyard view. both of my DS were very impressed with the WL and the surrounding area. would like to stay there again.
plenty of room the rapidly growing teens. bunk beds were a lifesaver there

our next stay willl be at Saratoga Springs, our DVC home resort. havent stayed there but we have been there and were impressed enough to buy

as the years go on we have decided to try and stay at each hotel.

1st deluxe: Yacht Club. We loved everything about it and every minute of our stay except losing our daughter at the pool! DH was supposed to be watching her. :ssst: I do think this is our favorite resort so far.

1st moderate: CBR. This was shortly after it first opened and we loved it! It was just the two of us back then. ;) Now I think I like CSR the best of all the moderates.

1st value: AS Sports. It was only for one night the first time. We did return for a longer stay later that was very enjoyable but I still think I like Movies or POP better. :goodvibes

Never stayed in a deluxe-Too much $$$$

1st moderate was CSR-awesome.....the pool are was great for my kids and the playground. Pepper market had great food.

1st value was ASsports. I'm a sports freak that's all I can say. The food court was good and the transportation was good.

First Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge... we were extremely pleased with this resort. Only 2 complaints. Food court and laundry were both way too small for a resort this size.

First Moderate: Port Orleans: Riverside (aka Dixie Landings). No complaints at all.

Values: never have, never plan on it

I don't know where Fort Wilderness fit in the scheme of things.. probably between Deluxe and Moderate.

First Value: All Stars Movies, It was OK and I would have probably like it more if I would have had very young children with me but they were around 10 and 11 so were not as impressed.

First Moderate: CBR I loved the Island feeling and since this was our first time on site we really didn't have anything to compare it to. I remember walking to the food court each morning and thinking this was the best part of the whole day. It was just so pretty seeing the sun shine on the lake and all the white sand and pink buildings. I have not gone back only because I like trying out different resorts.

First deluxe: AKL I like this resort but only because of the animals. I really missed all the beautiful grounds at the other resorts. I thought the food at Boma's was great.

Only 40 days until WDW! :cool1:

First Deluxe - AKL - stayed there right after it opened, LOVED it! Have since stayed at almost all deluxes (except OKW & SSR) - love them all except for Poly (it was okay) - hard to pick a favorite, but it's between GF, CR, YC & BW.

First Moderate - CBR - stayed there in 1989 - I think not long after it opened - liked it. Have since stayed at all moderates - POFQ is my hands down favorite!

First Value - ASSp - liked it. Have since stayed at all values. Like them all (except for no water slides or hot tubs) - PC is my favorite.

first deluxe - back in 73 - Polyn - it was a wonderful hotel

first moderate (wasn't called at the time a moderate but a value) - CBR

first value - All Star Music

For many years since our first time, 1977, we always stayed at the Contemporary, north garden wing. One year, just before we were to leave, we got a call from Disney asking us if we would like a free up grade to the Grand Floridian. We took it. Didn't like it at all, too spread out, too la-dee-da for our liking. Wilderness Lodge just opened that trip and we visited it and fell in love with the place and booked it for our next stay. That episode broke our staying at the Contemporary. From then on, we have tried:
Dixie Landings: One night, had room, mold issues and were up graded to the Yacht and Beach.
Beach Club: Great to see EPCOT and MGM, great pool, great resort.
Polynesian: Our favorite, we like the MK the beat and like the monorail travel to the other resorts and EPCOT
Pop Century: One night, couldn't get all our days at the Poly, couldn't get out of there fast enough. We're too old for all that hoopala and kids.
AKL: Again, couldn't get all the days we wanted at Poly and took first 3 nights there and switched to the Poly. Didn't like AKL at all, too dark, food offering we just what they had and along ride to someplace elase. AK closes at 5pm, then what, a bus to somewhere else and a bus back. Long, long walk to rooms and not too friendly CM's in resort.

All in all, our picks are deluxes, with Poly number 1, Wilderness Lodge number 2 and Yacht and Beach anywhere in there depending on what parks we're really going to conquor in our stay.

First Value: All Star Music With two small children, we were just thrilled to
be able to stay onsite. We really did like it there.

First Moderate: POFQ We will be there in December and are excited!

First Deluxe: WL or AKL We plan to stay at one of these next summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter