What to pack for a 1 year old?

We're taking our 15-month-old in April and have a similar list. The only thing I haven't seen mentioned is a way to identify your stroller (ribbons, etc.) to make it easier to find.
Thank you that’s great! We have never had to take a stroller so I didn’t even think about that. Will you leave anything in the stroller? I don’t know how honest other guests are

Thank you that’s great! We have never had to take a stroller so I didn’t even think about that. Will you leave anything in the stroller? I don’t know how honest other guests are

I'm honestly not sure. I've seen others mention tying a dirty diaper to it that way no one will want it. :rotfl:

I'm honestly not sure. I've seen others mention tying a dirty diaper to it that way no one will want it. :rotfl:
Omg that’s gross. I know for a fact no one would want my son’s dirty diapers especially if it’s number 2 lol. He’s on neocate formula and it’s awful

I’d pack a good amount of baby food pouches (I’ve always gotten the plum brand at Target), I use them for quick healthy snacks up to age 3 or so while traveling! They are so handy for a fast mostly mess free snack that’s somewhat healthy.
Edit to add: I also never take a portable chair for eating, I just always make sure my stroller has a decent sized snack tray and either eat off that or wheel the stroller right up to the table

I’d pack a good amount of baby food pouches (I’ve always gotten the plum brand at Target), I use them for quick healthy snacks up to age 3 or so while traveling! They are so handy for a fast mostly mess free snack that’s somewhat healthy.
Edit to add: I also never take a portable chair for eating, I just always make sure my stroller has a decent sized snack tray and either eat off that or wheel the stroller right up to the table
The portable chair is for at our cabin. We plan to make meals there on our two resort days. We won’t take it in the park lol.

We’ve tried the pouches and he doesn’t really like them. He’s more into the puffs and crackers so we’ll probably bring some of those along with some fruit and cold veggies. He likes things like bananas, cucumber, celery, bell peppers, and blueberries

I meant the stroller for a meal spot in the cabin. The restaurants have high chairs lol. To me it’s not worth lugging a seat around for just a few meals. But everyone is different.

I meant the stroller for a meal spot in the cabin. The restaurants have high chairs lol. To me it’s not worth lugging a seat around for just a few meals. But everyone is different.
It’s a tiny chair that you strap to a normal sized chair so it’s not too much to bring along. He’s not used to eating a full meal in a stroller so when we make dinner in the cabin I wouldn’t want him eating in that

Idk what your baby is used to sleeping in but we also bring a mattress for the pack and play. The thin hard pack and play mattress is not something my DD will sleep in so we bring one that I think is memory foam and then we bring our own sheets too. That way we know the sheets are clean and the sheets smell like home so I feel like that sometimes helps with sleeping. although on my DD’s first trip to Disney, I ended up sleeping on the floor next to her pack and play so that she would sleep.

Idk what your baby is used to sleeping in but we also bring a mattress for the pack and play. The thin hard pack and play mattress is not something my DD will sleep in so we bring one that I think is memory foam and then we bring our own sheets too. That way we know the sheets are clean and the sheets smell like home so I feel like that sometimes helps with sleeping. although on my DD’s first trip to Disney, I ended up sleeping on the floor next to her pack and play so that she would sleep.
Oh shoot we don’t have a mattress for the pack n play. Are they expensive? He sleeps in a crib. I did plan to bring at least one sheet from home (we have pack n play sheets). Right now Dh and I take turns sleeping on DS’s floor because he wakes so frequently and has some feeding issues. I’m hoping everything goes well sleeping in a new place for the first time but I’m also preparing for it to be a disaster just in case lol

http://www.walmart.com/ip/NapYou-Pa...ld-with-Bonus-Easy-Handle-Carry-Bag/801260678
This is the one we bought. It’s $50. I think there are cheaper options but I liked that it folded up and went easily into a carrying bag. This has made it easy to take places/travel with. I used it for 5 weeks at my office when our daycare closed for covid and I brought my DD to work with me and have used it on two vacations to disney and will use it a 3rd time at disney in April. When I tried to get my DD to sleep in pack and play without the mattress when she was at my office, she refused to nap. So, that’s why we tried the mattress and she finally would nap in the pack and play. So it was worth $50 to us.

one time at BLT they brought us a crib instead of a pack and play and that had a decent enough mattress in it. Idk if the cabins use pack and play or cribs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/NapYou-Pa...ld-with-Bonus-Easy-Handle-Carry-Bag/801260678
This is the one we bought. It’s $50. I think there are cheaper options but I liked that it folded up and went easily into a carrying bag. This has made it easy to take places/travel with. I used it for 5 weeks at my office when our daycare closed for covid and I brought my DD to work with me and have used it on two vacations to disney and will use it a 3rd time at disney in April. When I tried to get my DD to sleep in pack and play without the mattress when she was at my office, she refused to nap. So, that’s why we tried the mattress and she finally would nap in the pack and play. So it was worth $50 to us.

one time at BLT they brought us a crib instead of a pack and play and that had a decent enough mattress in it. Idk if the cabins use pack and play or cribs.
I’m not sure either what they have. I need to call and ask! Thank you

We live an hour away and are driving over to stay for 3 nights at fort wilderness in a cabin. We plan to cook some of our meals so we’ll be bringing some food with us. Ds will turn 1 two weeks before and I’m wondering if I’m missing anything on my list or if anyone has any good things to add. Here’s what I have so far:
  • Sound machine
  • Umbrellas, rain cover for stroller
  • Carrier (can use on golf cart)
  • Blackout curtain
  • Splat mat, plate, sippy cups, utensils, bibs
  • Bikes and trailer
  • Diapers and wipes
  • Swimsuits and towels
  • Baby shampoo
  • Goodnight moon book and nap book
  • Pacifiers and teethers
  • Sunscreen and bug spray
  • Stroller and fans
  • Power banks and phone cords
  • Magic bands
  • Booster seat for meals
Swim diapers (make it a separate bullet point from diapers lest you forget). 😬
And have you ever used the disposable place mats that stick to the table with like a 3M strip. It’s good for tables that might not be to your standard of cleanliness and for easy clean up.

Last edited:
And have you ever used the disposable place mats that stick to the table with like a 3M strip. It’s good for tables that might not be to your standard of cleanliness and for easy clean up.
I added swim diapers because another poster mentioned them. I didn’t put it on there thinking I wouldn’t forget but might as well just in case. I’ve never seen the disposable place mats. I’ll have to look into them. I may just use Clorox wipes to wipe down the tables

He doesn’t have any blankets that he uses yet. The gallon bag is a good idea! Thank you!
I have found packing young ones cloths in gallon bags. one outfit plus diaper per bag. makes packing diaperbag/backpack easier. throw a couple of bags plus wipes and few extra diapers and you are ready for park changes wise. when doing changes in park grab a bag and wipes plus you now have a bag for dirty clothes if needed. another thing to pack is either a foldable hamper or bag for dirty clothes. you might need one for each of you. if you are planning on pool time you might look at beach towel size of towel so you can wrap him up to dry him. on other post you mentioned sippy cups, you might want to find a rack so you air dry them over night after washing. as other said ribbons or something to tie to stroller making easier to see as CMs do rearrange parking areas. if I remember right you have talked about a cabin as your resort. with pack n play up in bed room not much room for a chair so you might want to do some practicing of holding him but not rocking at home. if he follows most of my kids/grandkids first night will be bad sleep wise but will get better each night. have a great trip

I have found packing young ones cloths in gallon bags. one outfit plus diaper per bag. makes packing diaperbag/backpack easier. throw a couple of bags plus wipes and few extra diapers and you are ready for park changes wise. when doing changes in park grab a bag and wipes plus you now have a bag for dirty clothes if needed. another thing to pack is either a foldable hamper or bag for dirty clothes. you might need one for each of you. if you are planning on pool time you might look at beach towel size of towel so you can wrap him up to dry him. on other post you mentioned sippy cups, you might want to find a rack so you air dry them over night after washing. as other said ribbons or something to tie to stroller making easier to see as CMs do rearrange parking areas. if I remember right you have talked about a cabin as your resort. with pack n play up in bed room not much room for a chair so you might want to do some practicing of holding him but not rocking at home. if he follows most of my kids/grandkids first night will be bad sleep wise but will get better each night. have a great trip
We do have large beach towels I can bring. We also have drying racks at home for his bottle but I didn’t think to bring them. That’s a good idea. I feel like we’re bringing the entire house lol. Yeah we do need to practice holding and not rocking him. We sit in a recliner that rocks so I think it’s more habit for us to rock while holding him. We will have to try sitting still before the trip and see how it goes

we love the disposable place mats but be warned if your son is a butthead like my DD, she learned real quick how to pull the disposable place mat off the table. So we had to reach her not to do that. Also disposable bibs are great too cause you can use them and toss them without having to carry a dirty bib around or have to do more laundry when you get home.

if you are going to give your son anything from a cup with a straw and not their sippy cup, bring your own straws. DD can drink from a straw but not the paper ones at disney. When she would try to drink, the straw would just turn into mush for her.

I need to look into this but I think in some pools babies can be in baby floats. Don’t quote me on it but I saw a baby in a float at the pool at Bay lake last summer so that might be something you want to bring. I also bring an over the head hooded tower for DD. I like it cause she can easily keep it on since it goes over the head like a poncho.

I keep going through what we bring for DD on trips that may not be obvious so I can come back and let you know. Baby carrier was a life saver in line but I think you have on your list already. You might want to get some small new toys to help distract your son in line or at dinner. We got this one toy that reminds me of bubble wrap where DD pushes the plastic bubbles in and then she can flip it over and do it again and that entertained her for awhile and it was small and flat so easy to carry around. We also got her a portable light switch form menards cause she loves turning lights on and off so that kept her busy too

we love the disposable place mats but be warned if your son is a butthead like my DD, she learned real quick how to pull the disposable place mat off the table. So we had to reach her not to do that. Also disposable bibs are great too cause you can use them and toss them without having to carry a dirty bib around or have to do more laundry when you get home.

if you are going to give your son anything from a cup with a straw and not their sippy cup, bring your own straws. DD can drink from a straw but not the paper ones at disney. When she would try to drink, the straw would just turn into mush for her.

I need to look into this but I think in some pools babies can be in baby floats. Don’t quote me on it but I saw a baby in a float at the pool at Bay lake last summer so that might be something you want to bring. I also bring an over the head hooded tower for DD. I like it cause she can easily keep it on since it goes over the head like a poncho.

I keep going through what we bring for DD on trips that may not be obvious so I can come back and let you know. Baby carrier was a life saver in line but I think you have on your list already. You might want to get some small new toys to help distract your son in line or at dinner. We got this one toy that reminds me of bubble wrap where DD pushes the plastic bubbles in and then she can flip it over and do it again and that entertained her for awhile and it was small and flat so easy to carry around. We also got her a portable light switch form menards cause she loves turning lights on and off so that kept her busy too
Ds would definitely lift the place mat up lol. He’s kind of a turd too. His sippy cups are straw cups and I don’t really plan to give him anything besides water or formula/milk.

I was wondering about the baby floats because he has one he can lay on his tummy in and he really likes it. I’ll have to ask on the resorts forum about that.

I’m hoping we won’t be waiting in line much. We will only be at a park one day (and might not even do that). We won’t ride anything with a wait longer than 20 minutes. As far as dinner we will either be making our own food or mobile order so we should be able to entertain him walking around waiting for that. I’ve been wanting to buy the toy that’s like bubble wrap but it’s been out of stock on Amazon for awhile now

Ds would definitely lift the place mat up lol. He’s kind of a turd too. His sippy cups are straw cups and I don’t really plan to give him anything besides water or formula/milk.

I was wondering about the baby floats because he has one he can lay on his tummy in and he really likes it. I’ll have to ask on the resorts forum about that.

I’m hoping we won’t be waiting in line much. We will only be at a park one day (and might not even do that). We won’t ride anything with a wait longer than 20 minutes. As far as dinner we will either be making our own food or mobile order so we should be able to entertain him walking around waiting for that. I’ve been wanting to buy the toy that’s like bubble wrap but it’s been out of stock on Amazon for awhile now
floats last I knew were a no go but sometimes people got away with depending on guard on duty

There are areas in each park (I think they are call baby changing areas?) that have rocking chairs in them if you are going to be in the park during nap time also I think the store in the RV/cabin area has rocking chairs on the porch not sure. I know this doesn't help in your cabin, but just a thought. Have a great time at Disney. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!