What to pack for a 1 year old?

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We live an hour away and are driving over to stay for 3 nights at fort wilderness in a cabin. We plan to cook some of our meals so we’ll be bringing some food with us. Ds will turn 1 two weeks before and I’m wondering if I’m missing anything on my list or if anyone has any good things to add. Here’s what I have so far:
  • Sound machine
  • Umbrellas, rain cover for stroller
  • Carrier (can use on golf cart)
  • Blackout curtain
  • Splat mat, plate, sippy cups, utensils, bibs
  • Bikes and trailer
  • Diapers and wipes
  • Swimsuits and towels
  • Baby shampoo
  • Goodnight moon book and nap book
  • Pacifiers and teethers
  • Sunscreen and bug spray
  • Stroller and fans
  • Power banks and phone cords
  • Magic bands
  • Booster seat for meals

Your house. No, really all the things you listed sound great. I would add Tylenol and a thermometer. I hope you have a fun trip! We took my oldest daughter on her first birthday and fell in love. It’s so much fun to see the magic through their eyes.

Pack n play...or does Disney provide a crib? I always pack a first aid kit including all types of creams, fever reducer, fingernail clippers, scissors, etc. You never know what you might need. I also throw in some Walmart sacks or plastic bags...sometimes I used for dirty diapers. Also with 5 kids, I’ve had plenty of throw up incidents in hotels. I never travel without Clorox wipes...those are pretty handy when cleaning up after children! Enjoy your trip! We had lots of fun at FW!

Last edited:
Your house. No, really all the things you listed sound great. I would add Tylenol and a thermometer. I hope you have a fun trip! We took my oldest daughter on her first birthday and fell in love. It’s so much fun to see the magic through their eyes.
Oh yes Motrin! I totally forgot that. He’s been getting that like 1-2 times a day right now for his teething. Thanks! We’re really excited. Dh and I love Disney. We used to go once or twice a month before all of this started. It’s going to be weird not having APs.

Pack n play...or does Disney provide a crib? I always pack a first aid kit including all types of creams, fever reducer, fingernail clippers, scissors, etc. You never know what you might need. I also throw in some Walmart sacks or plastic bags...sometimes I used for dirty diapers. Also with 5 kids, I’ve had plenty of throw up incidents in hotels. I never travel without Clorox wipes...those are pretty handy when cleaning up after children! Enjoy your trip! We had lots of fun at FW!
Thank you! Those are all great. I’m adding them to the list. First aid stuff is always something I forget and I swear Dh or I always end up needing something

From what I’ve seen each cabin should have a pack n play in the closet but I requested one just in case

We live an hour away and are driving over to stay for 3 nights at fort wilderness in a cabin. We plan to cook some of our meals so we’ll be bringing some food with us. Ds will turn 1 two weeks before and I’m wondering if I’m missing anything on my list or if anyone has any good things to add. Here’s what I have so far:
  • Sound machine
  • Umbrellas, rain cover for stroller
  • Carrier (can use on golf cart)
  • Blackout curtain
  • Splat mat, plate, sippy cups, utensils, bibs
  • Bikes and trailer
  • Diapers and wipes
  • Swimsuits and towels
  • Baby shampoo
  • Goodnight moon book and nap book
  • Pacifiers and teethers
  • Sunscreen and bug spray
  • Stroller and fans
  • Power banks and phone cords
  • Magic bands
  • Booster seat for meals

small ziplock bag for snacks to bring to park with you. A few toys to play with in the room. A stap to go around sippy cup and stroller so when baby tosses cup off stroller or high chair, it doesn’t get lost.

small ziplock bag for snacks to bring to park with you. A few toys to play with in the room. A stap to go around sippy cup and stroller so when baby tosses cup off stroller or high chair, it doesn’t get lost.
Do you have any recommendations for a sippy cup strap? Our son is currently in the throwing everything stage. We’ve been giving it to him twice and then he’s done with the cup.

Do you have any recommendations for a sippy cup strap? Our son is currently in the throwing everything stage. We’ve been giving it to him twice and then he’s done with the cup.

we use this one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/PBnJ-Baby-Si...id=1613938100&sprefix=sippy+cup+strap&sr=8-13
It works best with cups that have handles but it can be used without too (we just pay more attention if cup doesn’t have handles cause sometimes it gets loose and the cup can fall out). These work for all sorts of things and we hook them on both the stroller and the high chairs.

Just like the raincover they make a net.. it's great for everyday use. In todays climate it's nice to keep the baby covered. The raincover gets hot if you dont have a battery operated fan.

we use this one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/PBnJ-Baby-Si...id=1613938100&sprefix=sippy+cup+strap&sr=8-13
It works best with cups that have handles but it can be used without too (we just pay more attention if cup doesn’t have handles cause sometimes it gets loose and the cup can fall out). These work for all sorts of things and we hook them on both the stroller and the high chairs.
This is awesome! Thank you. We need this now because he drops his cup and throws it all the time

Just like the raincover they make a net.. it's great for everyday use. In todays climate it's nice to keep the baby covered. The raincover gets hot if you dont have a battery operated fan.
Our rain cover came with the net version. I’m not sure how much good it would do since it’s got holes throughout it. We also have two battery fans

This is awesome! Thank you. We need this now because he drops his cup and throws it all the time

my daughter was/is the same way. As soon as she is “finished” with something, she tosses it off her tray. For our next trip, it’s just my then 20 month old DD and me going so I’m bringing a smaller and lighter stroller that doesn’t have a snack tray. We will be using these straps so she can have a snack cup in her stroller still.

my daughter was/is the same way. As soon as she is “finished” with something, she tosses it off her tray. For our next trip, it’s just my then 20 month old DD and me going so I’m bringing a smaller and lighter stroller that doesn’t have a snack tray. We will be using these straps so she can have a snack cup in her stroller still.
I just ordered one lol. We haven’t given him snacks yet but I could see him doing it with that too. Right now he’s hitting his cup on the stroller 🤦🏻‍♀️ Aaaand dropped it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter