What to do with magic bands if kids won’t wear them

Treysar

Mouseketeer
2 of my kids won’t wear the bands. Should my husband and I each wear an extra? Put it on a necklace? Any other ideas? Thanks!

There are options you can buy if they won't wear the bracelet type band. I know they have keychain type ones which you can clip onto a purse or backpack. You remove the MB "puck" from the original band and screw it into the smaller clip on puckholder. Just one option I know of. Good luck finding something that works!

I just usually attach theirs to mine like a chain.

I don't like the bands and use the "keeper" as pictured above, I have a plain one but they have some fun options. The kids could wear them on a lanyard especially if they pin trade or clip to a belt loop backpack, waist pack etc.

You can also just keep the kids bands in your bag if you carry one and pull them out as needed. If they aren't using charging privileges you can also just use their theme park ticket for FP+ and park entry, a little easier to carry than an MB.

How old are your kids? Have they felt the rush of a FastPass yet? My 3yo wouldn’t wear his (I did put stickers and a bitbelt to hold it on and threatened to take his money if he takes it off so he begrudgingly wore it to begin with)

After that first park entry with the green Mickey and the brrding! Sound he was hooked! Made every photo pass photographer and waiter/waitress scan his band. Stood on his little tippy toes to scan for fast passes all by himself. Almost got annoying as he’d get mad if someone didn’t scan him. But everyone was super nice about it and faked it if needed.

May be good to get the clip things just in case or wear it on your other arm.

How old are your kids? Have they felt the rush of a FastPass yet? My 3yo wouldn’t wear his (I did put stickers and a bitbelt to hold it on and threatened to take his money if he takes it off so he begrudgingly wore it to begin with)

After that first park entry with the green Mickey and the brrding! Sound he was hooked! Made every photo pass photographer and waiter/waitress scan his band. Stood on his little tippy toes to scan for fast passes all by himself. Almost got annoying as he’d get mad if someone didn’t scan him. But everyone was super nice about it and faked it if needed.

May be good to get the clip things just in case or wear it on your other arm.
Agreed! My Little guy wasn't a big fan of his MB at first, but once he realized that at the FP kiosk, you use it to "make Mickey turn green"...well, he was hooked!

My almost 3yo insisted on scanning his each and every time even though it did nothing haha.
ALSO- the MBs let you in the room, so once they discover that- they may want to keep them on.

However, I LOVE the keychain idea too for my littlest this time around (not that he will need a band though)

My 4 year old goes back and forth on wearing her MB. I usually just end up wearing it. My one year old doesn't really need his so we leave it in the room.

My 4 year old goes back and forth on wearing her MB. I usually just end up wearing it. My one year old doesn't really need his so we leave it in the room.
Do you not have to scan it for the one year old to get in the park? I know they don’t need a ticket, but assumed they would still need to scan something to enter (for people counts, etc).

Just attach it to a belt loop or a key chan or yes you get the idea. No need to further stimulate the economy unless you just feel the Disney looking ones are just that cute and necessary in your life:).

My kids would sometimes want to wear it so they could scan their fast passes. When they did not want to wear it, my husband and I would each wear an extra one.

I usually wear two anyway so I can verify it's comfortable. I would hate to drag in and out of a bag to use for FP+ so I say you each just wear an extra one.

We took a 2-year-old with us who didn't really like to wear his so we just kept it in one of our bags since he didn't need it for anything. He was interested in wearing it a couple of times when we scanned ourselves into the parks, since he wanted to scan his, too, but since we figured that he would probably take it off without us knowing, it would be better for us to keep it in a backpack where we knew where it was.

Do you not have to scan it for the one year old to get in the park? I know they don’t need a ticket, but assumed they would still need to scan something to enter (for people counts, etc).

No, kids under three do not need anything to get in the park. The MB isn't really necessary, but it will open the room door. If your child wants to scan it at the entrance, CMs will usually oblige. My four year old used to like to pretend scan at the entrance like everyone else when she was 2 but it isn't necessary.

No, kids under three do not need anything to get in the park. The MB isn't really necessary, but it will open the room door. If your child wants to scan it at the entrance, CMs will usually oblige. My four year old used to like to pretend scan at the entrance like everyone else when she was 2 but it isn't necessary.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!