What to do with magic bands if kids won’t wear them

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Treysar, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Treysar

Treysar Mouseketeer

2 of my kids won’t wear the bands. Should my husband and I each wear an extra? Put it on a necklace? Any other ideas? Thanks!

2. Wubar

Wubar Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.

There are options you can buy if they won't wear the bracelet type band. I know they have keychain type ones which you can clip onto a purse or backpack. You remove the MB "puck" from the original band and screw it into the smaller clip on puckholder. Just one option I know of. Good luck finding something that works!

PollyannaMom and Treysar like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Treysar

Treysar Mouseketeer

Oh! I never knew this! Very cool! Thanks!

5. Wubar

This is one example. image_e07650cd.jpeg

PollyannaMom and Treysar like this.
  6. Treysar

Treysar Mouseketeer

Omg love this!

7. ElenaRN

ElenaRN DIS Veteran

I just usually attach theirs to mine like a chain.

8. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

I don't like the bands and use the "keeper" as pictured above, I have a plain one but they have some fun options. The kids could wear them on a lanyard especially if they pin trade or clip to a belt loop backpack, waist pack etc.

You can also just keep the kids bands in your bag if you carry one and pull them out as needed. If they aren't using charging privileges you can also just use their theme park ticket for FP+ and park entry, a little easier to carry than an MB.

9. Gafnorin

Gafnorin Earning My Ears

How old are your kids? Have they felt the rush of a FastPass yet? My 3yo wouldn’t wear his (I did put stickers and a bitbelt to hold it on and threatened to take his money if he takes it off so he begrudgingly wore it to begin with)

After that first park entry with the green Mickey and the brrding! Sound he was hooked! Made every photo pass photographer and waiter/waitress scan his band. Stood on his little tippy toes to scan for fast passes all by himself. Almost got annoying as he’d get mad if someone didn’t scan him. But everyone was super nice about it and faked it if needed.

May be good to get the clip things just in case or wear it on your other arm.

CouponGirl and Wubar like this.
  10. Wubar

Agreed! My Little guy wasn't a big fan of his MB at first, but once he realized that at the FP kiosk, you use it to "make Mickey turn green"...well, he was hooked!

Gafnorin likes this.
  11. Gafnorin

Gafnorin Earning My Ears

Is there a little vibration too? I could feel that little bit of dopamine every time it was scanned.

rideswithchrist likes this.
  12. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman Mouseketeer

My kids MBs are usually just in my pocket.

13. rideswithchrist

rideswithchrist DIS Veteran

My almost 3yo insisted on scanning his each and every time even though it did nothing haha.
    ALSO- the MBs let you in the room, so once they discover that- they may want to keep them on.

However, I LOVE the keychain idea too for my littlest this time around (not that he will need a band though)

CouponGirl likes this.
  14. Crystal824

Crystal824 DIS Veteran

My 4 year old goes back and forth on wearing her MB. I usually just end up wearing it. My one year old doesn't really need his so we leave it in the room.

15. CouponGirl

CouponGirl Mouseketeer

Do you not have to scan it for the one year old to get in the park? I know they don’t need a ticket, but assumed they would still need to scan something to enter (for people counts, etc).

16. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

Just attach it to a belt loop or a key chan or yes you get the idea. No need to further stimulate the economy unless you just feel the Disney looking ones are just that cute and necessary in your life:).

17. Princess Minnie321

Princess Minnie321 Mouseketeer

My kids would sometimes want to wear it so they could scan their fast passes. When they did not want to wear it, my husband and I would each wear an extra one.

18. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

I usually wear two anyway so I can verify it's comfortable. I would hate to drag in and out of a bag to use for FP+ so I say you each just wear an extra one.

PollyannaMom likes this.