What to do when husband is at the game?

TwoGirlsandDisney

Mouseketeer
We will be heading to Disney March 1st with my two little ones, 4 and 2, and my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. They will be going to a spring traning game while I stay back with the girls. Since it is in the middle of the day, what are some non-park things that I can do with them, instead of staying in the hotel room. Swimming would be hard since they are so little, I don't have enough hands. We are staying at the Villas at Fort Wilderness.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Use the little pool, build sandcastles on the beach, check what activities are going on at the Main Building, take a boat ride on the lake over to WL, MK and back. Go exlore WL, walk the trails. If you are doing a park in the morning, you might want this as a nap/rest time....Have fun!!

We will be heading to Disney March 1st with my two little ones, 4 and 2, and my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. They will be going to a spring traning game while I stay back with the girls. Since it is in the middle of the day, what are some non-park things that I can do with them, instead of staying in the hotel room. Swimming would be hard since they are so little, I don't have enough hands. We are staying at the Villas at Fort Wilderness.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I would head to DTD, my niece and nephew love going there to play, they have the water play areas where the water squirts up from the ground and then there is the lego area as well. If you do go bring a change of clothes or two for them as they will get soaked.

You wouldn't catch me missing a spring training game!!! If I was stuck at the resort, I'd go stir crazy. I'd probably head to a park and do "ladies things" there.

Take your girls to tea at the Grand Floridian, but its expensive.

Grand Floridian's Garden View Lounge

Your little girl can dress up and have a special tea party with Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. The tea party is hosted by "Rose Petal" a magical rose from Aurora's garden, who will lead sing-alongs, storytelling and a princess parade.

In addition to the tea party, princess cake and meet and great with Aurora, each guest from 3-11 will receive "My Disney Girl" collectable doll plus accessories; a tiara, Princess link bracelet, princess scrapbook page and a "Best Friend" certificate.

If a little boy wishes to attend, they will receive a teddy bear and princely crown instead of the doll and tiara!

Adults receive a selection of hot tea and a luncheon plate with small sandwiches, cheese briquettes, lavosh crackers and fruit.

Children receive juice and a luncheon plate with fruit, small sandwiches and heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

$250 includes gratuity (but not tax) for one adult and one child ages 3-11. Additional adult guest (12 and older) is $85 plus tax and an additional child is $165 plus tax. Refunds available if you cancel more than 72 hours from the date of your event.

Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10:30am - Noon. Check in 15 minutes prior to reservation time.[/LEFT]

Or Minature Golf at Fantasia Gardens or Summer/Winter Land

Or take them to a character lunch

Or DisneyQuest

Or rent a mice boat at Bay Lake

Or take them to the Community Hall and participate in the daily activities.

villa at wilderness lodge (not FW - 2 different resorts)

has a play area. - Club's Den - where you could bring the kids before it started its baby sitting service (at night).

you could do some of the things.

look at your activities list as soon as you can - sometimes they have duck racing - arts and crafts - it will be on the activity list - if you don't get one ask for one.

the hidden mickey hunt can be fun and one thing all of your kids can do together - or against each other - your pick.

WL has a nice arcade.

plus there is going around and just looking at VWL and WL - but little kids probably aren't interested in that.

DD is a good choice too.

you can get a bus to FW - and do their petting zoo. or walk over.

Boat to FW and the petting zoo. Bus to DD - really fun fountains to play in if is warm enough and you could have lunch at Rainforest Cafe. Boat to MK and ride the monorail. Bus to Studios, boat to Beach Club and eat lunch at Beaches and Cream. Just a few ideas.

:banana:

I agree with so many things that have already been mentioned. The main pool area at Wilderness Lodge has a really nice "baby" pool. The beach is a great place to kick back and play in the sand while Mom soaks up some sun. There is a small playground as well.

When our youngest DD was little we took her to the Cubs Den for arts and crafts - it was free as long as a parent was also there.

Some other ideas that have NOT been mentioned - go on a "scavenger hunt" There are alot of small animals around the lodge - as well as "animal tracks" everywhere there is concrete. You could look at the animal tracks and then walk around and see if you can find the animals that made them.

Take the boat over to Ft. Wilderness and enjoy the petting farm, beach, playground and wide open spaces at the campground

Take the boat to the contemporary and then go for a ride on the resort monorail. Ask if you can sit up front with the driver. Get off at each resort and walk around exploring them - go the a gift shop at each resort and let your girls get a small treat.

There is also hair braiding by the pool at the Wilderness Lodge - hours should be posted. This is not free and can get a bit pricey but young girls LOVE it.

I think once you get there you will be amazed at exactly how much there is to do. :goodvibes

My girls are teens and we enjoy going to the AKL and exploring the hotel. There are lots of public places to view the animals. Also, we stop in the Mara for desserts. I think this would be fun for your girls too. The cast members at the lodge are wonderful and will take time to talk to you and your girls about the artifacts and the animals.

My second choice would be to go to Fort Wilderness and visit their petting zoo and explore the resort.

I agree with going to the Animal Kingdom Lodge!

You can walk around and look at the animals from dozens of viewing locations. There are two fire pits (one indoors and one outdoors) that have rocking chairs to relax in if the little one needs a nap. There are "lounges" in various locations overlooking the savannas. There are also activities that go on throughout the day around the lodge. My DD3 went to the cookie decorating at Boma (1pm) and DD5 did chalk rubbings in the lobby. Most of the activities are free and open to all ages. There is so much to do there that we actually booked another vacation for June, just to spend some more time at the resort.

By the way, the pool is wonderful for little ones, but since you aren't staying there, you will not be allowed to use it.:guilty:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think they will love the petting zoo. The tea at the Grand Floridian sounds wonderful. My little one is only just two, I wonder if they would let her attend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter