What to do during naps?

Honestly, we only did the cabins when the kids were little. We did more resort exploring after they were a little older. I had great napping babies who also went to bed about 8 so it was important to have the room. We could never had afforded a suite but there are people on here that find the deals on them. I will say the moderate resorts have an area by the bathroom that can be curtained off and a pack and play put there but I don’t think it would have worked with my babies and I find the values too noisy for me to sleep let alone a baby.

Honestly, we only did the cabins when the kids were little. We did more resort exploring after they were a little older. I had great napping babies who also went to bed about 8 so it was important to have the room. We could never had afforded a suite but there are people on here that find the deals on them. I will say the moderate resorts have an area by the bathroom that can be curtained off and a pack and play put there but I don’t think it would have worked with my babies and I find the values too noisy for me to sleep let alone a baby.
I’m leaning towards doing the cabin again. I loved it there. I do like trying new resorts though too. I’m thinking we may try a suite at AoA. I love the theming and the big blue pool. I also like the skyliner. The main downside is no kitchen and like you said the noise level. Ds is a light sleeper. I’d love to do the pool at yacht club but I’m not willing to spend the $$$ there for a single room with nowhere for Dh and I to go while he naps.

Do the family suites have a fridge and microwave? Connecting rooms is a good idea! Dh mentioned that and that could be a good option for us. Ds doesn’t sleep on the go either and I actually like going back to relax for a bit. We live an hour away so we don’t need to be at the parks from open to close
Yes, the All Star Music & Art of Animation family suites both had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, and 2 glorious bathrooms. Although the AoA suites are near the skyliner, the ASMusic suites had an actual kitchen with plenty of counter space (and they're usually much less than the AoA suites). Since October, we've also rented a camper from one of Disney's official camper rental companies and stayed at FW's campgrounds. When we arrived, the fully-equipped camper & golf cart were waiting for us. It was so much fun!!

Last edited:
We do stroller naps 95% of the time.

At night, our kids are usually super tired from the parks so we're not too worried about waking them.

If you have to go back to the room for naps and he's a light sleeper, you either need to get two connecting rooms or book a suite (or stick with the cabins). The cheapest is two connecting value rooms. Second cheapest is a suite at AS Music.

We (my kids and I) have he extra mattress for the pack and play - makes it more comfortable/like a crib.

Good luck!!!

Yes, the All Star Music & Art of Animation family suites both had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, and 2 glorious bathrooms. Although the AoA suites are near the skyliner, the ASMusic suites had an actual kitchen with plenty of counter space (and they're usually much less than the AoA suites). Since October, we've also rented a camper from one of Disney's official camper rental companies and stayed at FW's campgrounds. When we arrived, the fully-equipped camper & golf cart were waiting for us. It was so much fun!!
Can you use all of the all star pools when you stay there? We’ve never stayed at an all star before. The full kitchen looks really nice but I also think the skyliner and big blue pool would be nice. I guess we’ll have to decide what’s more important

We (my kids and I) have he extra mattress for the pack and play - makes it more comfortable/like a crib.

Good luck!!!
We actually tried that in the cabin (my friend let us borrow hers) and he hated it. I was really surprised. So we ended up using no mattress in the pack n play

We’re still new to this whole parenting and traveling thing lol. We just got back from wdw and stayed in the cabins which were great because you get the two living spaces. It was easy to close the bedroom door during ds’s naps and relax in the other room and we didn’t have to go to bed when he did. How do you make this work in a normal hotel room at wdw? We’d like to try other resorts but I honestly can’t imagine doing it without the separate living area. A 1 bedroom is too expensive. He’s a super light sleeper so I feel like we’d be sitting in the dark quietly doing nothing while he naps.

We stay at the Swan/Dolphin and request a room with a balcony. We either both sit out there or one of us stays behind while the other goes shopping or runs errands around the resort.

We stay at the Swan/Dolphin and request a room with a balcony. We either both sit out there or one of us stays behind while the other goes shopping or runs errands around the resort.
Does the swan and dolphin have a splash pad?

Does the swan and dolphin have a splash pad?

Not like the one at Fort Wilderness. They do have a small wading pool and a water fountain thing on the beach. We like it because of the proximity to Epcot and DHS, and it’s cheaper than other deluxe resorts. We have a Marriot Bonvoy credit card so we usually get upgraded to rooms with larger balconies.

Not like the one at Fort Wilderness. They do have a small wading pool and a water fountain thing on the beach. We like it because of the proximity to Epcot and DHS, and it’s cheaper than other deluxe resorts. We have a Marriot Bonvoy credit card so we usually get upgraded to rooms with larger balconies.
Right now he won’t swim in the pool. He’s going through this weird phase where he’d rather get in and out of the pool I think because he’s walking. I would hope by August he’s over that. We have a pool at home and can’t get him to swim much longer than 10 minutes anymore but he loves splash pads.

I do like the Epcot area resorts and we’ve used chase points before at the swan and dolphin. I’ll have to keep it open as an option! Do the normal rooms come with a fridge?

Right now he won’t swim in the pool. He’s going through this weird phase where he’d rather get in and out of the pool I think because he’s walking. I would hope by August he’s over that. We have a pool at home and can’t get him to swim much longer than 10 minutes anymore but he loves splash pads.

I do like the Epcot area resorts and we’ve used chase points before at the swan and dolphin. I’ll have to keep it open as an option! Do the normal rooms come with a fridge?

Yes, a mini fridge. They also have mini cribs.

We just went with my almost 2 year old and stayed at CBR and then in a studio at Copper Creek. He still naps twice a day and really needs them to recharge. However, we went down to 1 at WDW. Suggesting a stroller nap did not work for him - he never wants to miss out and always just sat up despite the recline! At both hotels, we put his crib in the closed off sink area and shut the doors. He was able to settle himself down since he was so tired by that point. But he’s also a pretty deep sleeper. We would just trade off who had to stay in the quiet room and who could do other things like the pool or at CBR we each took a day to go back to Epcot or HS early then the other parent/toddler would meet up later. That’s what worked for us! Too bad it took the first few days to figure it out...

I took my then 3 year old in 2019, for the most part he napped in the stroller. One day at EPCOT, he napped the entire way around world showcase. On a couple of days we brought him back to the room at POP, he and I napped while wife and older son did other things around the resort.

We just went with my almost 2 year old and stayed at CBR and then in a studio at Copper Creek. He still naps twice a day and really needs them to recharge. However, we went down to 1 at WDW. Suggesting a stroller nap did not work for him - he never wants to miss out and always just sat up despite the recline! At both hotels, we put his crib in the closed off sink area and shut the doors. He was able to settle himself down since he was so tired by that point. But he’s also a pretty deep sleeper. We would just trade off who had to stay in the quiet room and who could do other things like the pool or at CBR we each took a day to go back to Epcot or HS early then the other parent/toddler would meet up later. That’s what worked for us! Too bad it took the first few days to figure it out...
I never would’ve thought to put him in the sink area but multiple people have mentioned that. If we stay in a normal room that’s a good option. We hold him to help him fall asleep but we could easily carry him to the pack n play and lay him down. We’re looking at doing a suite at AoA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter