What to do around Irvine area?

alohamom

DIS Veteran
Hi there-my DH has some training to do in Irvine next week and United had a crazy low fare so the kids and I are tagging along. As a family we are doing Disneyland/California Adventure on the weekend and are excited about that but I have not made too many other plans for the week. I thought I may take them to Sea World one day but otherwise I would rather not drive too much. Can anyone suggest things to see and do around Irvine for 7 and 9 yr olds? Thanks for any and all advice! :sunny:

alohamom said:
Hi there-my DH has some training to do in Irvine next week and United had a crazy low fare so the kids and I are tagging along. As a family we are doing Disneyland/California Adventure on the weekend and are excited about that but I have not made too many other plans for the week. I thought I may take them to Sea World one day but otherwise I would rather not drive too much. Can anyone suggest things to see and do around Irvine for 7 and 9 yr olds? Thanks for any and all advice! :sunny:

There is a great outdoor mall in Irvine called The Irvine Spectrum. It is located off I-5 and 405 freeways. There are many shops and eateries and also a huge movie theater, a giant ferris wheel type thing and also Dave & Busters. My nephews love D&B's.
Also, there is Boomers off the 405 freeway which is a mini golf and arcade place.
Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

I don't think it is too far from the South Coast Plaza Mall in Costa Mesa and it is also near Huntington and Newport Beaches. My cousin lived in Irvine last year. We visited. It wasn't too exciting on its own.

Disneyland_Mama said:
There is a great outdoor mall in Irvine called The Irvine Spectrum. It is located off I-5 and 405 freeways. There are many shops and eateries and also a huge movie theater, a giant ferris wheel type thing and also Dave & Busters. My nephews love D&B's.
Also, there is Boomers off the 405 freeway which is a mini golf and arcade place.
Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

What she said.

To add to the Irvine Spectrum, in addition to all of the shops, movie theater (which is also an IMAX - I think they have Happy Feet on it right now =D ) there is also an adequate sized outdoor ice skating rink set up for Christmas time next to the Ferris Wheel, along with Santa's House for pictures.

I am not sure where you are staying in Irvine but as said earlier, Boomers is right off of the 405 and there is a bowling alley right next to Boomers. I believe Tuesdays is $10 Tuesday at Boomers where you get unlimited rides (not sure about tokens) for $10.

Right down from Irvine is Newport Beach and the Balboa Pennisula. You will have to do some research but there is a Christmas boat parade that they do every year in Newport and Huntington -- not sure when though. Fashion Island has a beautiful Christmas tree set up and I believe there is a carousel in Fashion Island as well. You should have beautiful weather next week for the beach -- the water will be nice and chilly.

Hope you guys have a lot of fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter