What to do about reservations...

spearenb

DIS Veteran
Here is a good delima to be in....

I have ressies at BWV from Nov 21-26 with DVC and Nov 26-30 at AKL. I just checked and there are rooms available for BWI for Nov 26-30...

I think I will grab those and hold two ressies till I at least see what my DW wants to do...

Any suggestions? Since they are both the same price, the only thing I can think of is the non-transferring of baggage as a plus... but then, not experencing AK might be a negative... However, what difference is staying in a studio at one resort than the other... decisions, decisions....

Thanks...

I'm confused. BWV is a DVC resort with studios. BWI and AKL are Disney resort hotels. They have "hotel rooms" not studios. I think I'd either stay the whole time at BWV or else stick with your original split plan. Why break up your trip to stay in basically the same resort?

Sorry for the confusion... the 2-D floor plan for the hotel room looks the same as the studio. I guess I need to experience the studio to note the difference. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking about not going to another resort. In fact, if I get my waitlisted rooms, I will be staying at BWV anyways. And, I could always go to the AKL and walk around to get the experience of being there... :)

Originally posted by spearenb
Here is a good delima to be in....

I have ressies at BWV from Nov 21-26 with DVC and Nov 26-30 at AKL. I just checked and there are rooms available for BWI for Nov 26-30...

I think I will grab those and hold two ressies till I at least see what my DW wants to do...

CRO will sometimes not allow you to hold two reservations for the same dates. They track everything now by home phone #. Maybe reserve it under your work phone #.

I'd recommend AKL for the second part of your vacation. Disney makes the hotel move incredibly easy. And staying at BWV and then AKL would seem like 2 vacations, whereas going to BWI wouldn't be much of a change. Just be prepared to get to AKL and not have any desire to leave to see the theme parks! I'm such a WDW nut, I couldn't believe I actually didn't want to leave AKL to go to the theme parks. Fortunately, I split my stay there with a stay at ASMusic, where I wanted to be anywhere BUT the hotel, so I'd spent plenty of time at theme parks when I was there. So I'd say go for AKL, and feel like you're taking 2 vacations.

I totally agree with Simba's Mom. We loved our night at AKL. It is a wonderful resort with experiences and amenities not available ANYWHERE else.

We have always stayed in the villas becuase I have a younf Daughter. We wanted so much to stay at the AKL. So one trip we spent 2 of our 9 nights in WDW at AKL. My daughter slept fine and we regreted not staying longer. But, I did miss the spacious villas! You have to experience AKL at least once. We now are DVC members, so we don't plan on any non-DVC stays in the near future, so I am glad we did it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter