What time to depart for LAX?

Shanti

Momketeer
If leaving Disneyland Hotel on a Sunday to fly out of LAX at 7:45pm, when would you schedule the car service to pick you up? We won't be checking bags and have TSA Pre-Check, btw.

I'd allow 50 minutes to 1 hour for travel time (you can use Google Maps to estimate this; it says 35 -50 minutes for a 5:45 departure on a Sunday). Getting through security with Precheck is usually pretty fast; I'd allow 20 minutes for it. I don't know what airline you're using, but Southwest generally starts the boarding process 30 minutes before departure.

So I'd plan on leaving around 5:45 to allow time for any unexpected delays.

I'd allow 50 minutes to 1 hour for travel time (you can use Google Maps to estimate this; it says 35 -50 minutes for a 5:45 departure on a Sunday). Getting through security with Precheck is usually pretty fast; I'd allow 20 minutes for it. I don't know what airline you're using, but Southwest generally starts the boarding process 30 minutes before departure.

So I'd plan on leaving around 5:45 to allow time for any unexpected delays.
We flew Jetblue and they start the boarding process way earlier than that.

I'd give 3 hours to be safe in case there's accidents on the road. The car service also might not give you a choice, either. We used Lansky and they bumped up our departure a half hour to be safe.

Also should add that Lansky's pick up time was the 3 hours I quoted. I would do 3 hours just to be safe. I'm not sure how long your flight is, but I wouldn't want to miss a 6 hour flight for cutting it too close....

Also should add that Lansky's pick up time was the 3 hours I quoted. I would do 3 hours just to be safe. I'm not sure how long your flight is, but I wouldn't want to miss a 6 hour flight for cutting it too close....
Thanks for your input. I was initially planning on leaving at 4:45pm for our 7:45pm flight, but asked via the thread to make sure that was allowing enough time. I don't want to cut it too close. Sounds like the 3 hours I had planned is right on the money.

If leaving Disneyland Hotel on a Sunday to fly out of LAX at 7:45pm, when would you schedule the car service to pick you up? We won't be checking bags and have TSA Pre-Check, btw.
Absolutely the 3 hours!

I have TSA Pre-Check too. Last time I thought I'd use it at LAX it was closed and the TSA line was a nicely backed up madhouse. DON'T COUNT ON PRE-CHECK BEING OPEN. Think of it as a nice surprise if it is. Plan to be at LAX at 5:45pm. Leave DLH at 4:45pm. Maybe you fly through TSA Pre-Check & without checking bags at the airport so you're at your gate before 6:15pm. Miracles happen, but this is LAX we're talking about. Miracles there are rare, horror stories about how wrong things can go are abundant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter