What time should we leave HRH for EMH first week of November??

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
It will be our first stay at HRH 11/3/11/6. What time should we plan on leaving the hotel for EMH at IoA at 8 am? Also wondering how early to get to UO opening at 9 am if we skip EMH. Is the path through the pool the best/most direct route to the parks? I read that some paths were closed during the start of Covid so I am trying to get a grasp on which way to go and make a plan because I am not a morning person one bit!! lol

anyone with recent HRH to IoA advice? I dont want to drag myself out of bed earlier than necessary but thinking crowds will be there early for Hagrids and Velocicoaster

s the path through the pool the best/most direct route to the parks? I read that some paths were closed during the start of Covid so I am trying to get a grasp on which way to go and make a plan because I am not a morning person one bit!! lol
depends on which wing of hotel you land. IMO the pool shortcut tends to be longer as you have to do the stairs up to lobby. it’s a much prettier walk from the side door by pool or via the one to boat dock (cut thru butterfly garden).

not big on rope dropping, especially when having FOTL at U. H & V both had short wait times end of September into October for us. Veteran’s day is the 11/11, might want to check the crowd calendars to see if a big uptick normally.

others can chime in, would think as long as you are at gates 15 min or so early you should be near the head of the pack, especially for EMH. Have fun planning your trip.

I’d anticipate low crowds those dates. You likely won’t be looking at long waits. If you are a morning person go for it one day at IOA. You could probably get a few VC rides in and then a short wait for Hagrid. No reason to rope drop Studios since you have Express Pass. It would be 10 minute walk to IOA at most.

IMO the pool shortcut tends to be longer as you have to do the stairs up to lobby. it’s a much prettier walk from the side door by pool or via the one to boat dock (cut thru butterfly garden).
Thanks for the advice! This is our first trip to HRH and I am confused on the best way to get to the parks. I have read other posts that mention the butterfly garden but cant find a map that actually shows the walking paths and garden. Can you give me any more details on the path to look for? I'm guessing worst case scenario is we wander and look stupid for awhile before we find our way but I do not want to start my day that way if I dont have to, lol

Use the search button to find a few recent posts this year for the quickest way walking from your hotel to the parks

I remember a few peeps posted a map of the waking route from HRH to the parks

HRH is so close to the parks, that there are no "long" ways to the parks. Just short and shorter. It is probably easier to find the shorter path on the way back to HRH. IIRC, take a left at the fork by the traffic circle and there is a path that takes you to the HRH parking lot and you can get in through the main entrance to the hotel.

Thanks for the advice! This is our first trip to HRH and I am confused on the best way to get to the parks. I have read other posts that mention the butterfly garden but cant find a map that actually shows the walking paths and garden. Can you give me any more details on the path to look for? I'm guessing worst case scenario is we wander and look stupid for awhile before we find our way but I do not want to start my day that way if I dont have to, lol
When you are walking the path the butterfly garden will be pretty obvious - there is a sign - it just saves you walking around the butterfly garden

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!