What should I prioritize on embark day?

JonMcIntosh

Jonathan McIntosh
Ok, I thought I was done asking questions, but I realize that I have the most anxiety about embarkation day.

We have an 11:45 PAT, and here are the list of things that I want (or our family wants) to do. Help me prioritize and put these in some kind of order... I've never done this before!

-Visit Guest Services to fix one of our tastings (ideally reschedule one or cancel it without a fee).
-Visit Senses to see about Rainforest Day Passes and participate in the raffle.
-Have lunch (but not Cabanas).
-Do the AquaDuck with lower lines (this is the kids' highest priority). (By the way, can you do lunch from the quick service on the pool deck if the kids just want to hit the pools and slides first?)
-Tour the kids clubs.
-Check into our stateroom.
-Unpack.
-Sail Away Party!

Thanks!

I say go to lunch first. Funny that you do not want Cabanas since that is our families‘ first thing that makes our cruise feel official when we sit outside eating our peel and eat shrimp. You can leave the rest of the family there while you visit Guest Services. If your stateroom is open you can drop off your bags. You will probably want to tour the kid’s clubs before you hit the Aqua Dunk. Too much work to pry everyone away from the pool area and shower, etc. before they close the kid’s clubs for sail away. Somewhere along the way squeeze in a visit to Senses. One of the joys of cruising is trying to fit it all in! 😃 Have a great cruise!

You can eat lunch on the pool deck at the quick service when you board. We love hitting the pool deck early. That being said our plan on our first Dream cruise was ride the Aquaduck first thing with no line and it wasn’t running. They had issues with it until the second day of our cruise. So not normal but remember part of cruising is going with the flow so make your plan and then feel free to abandon it if something else feels better once you are there.

Funny that you do not want Cabanas
I've never cruised before, so I actually don't have my own opinions... only those formed by too many forum visits. 😜 I just have read that with kids (and we have four of them, ages 7 to 16) that it can be a bit crazy fighting the crowds and getting food for all and then finding a seat. I'm open to being wrong!

You can eat lunch on the pool deck at the quick service when you board. We love hitting the pool deck early. That being said our plan on our first Dream cruise was ride the Aquaduck first thing with no line and it wasn’t running. They had issues with it until the second day of our cruise. So not normal but remember part of cruising is going with the flow so make your plan and then feel free to abandon it if something else feels better once you are there.
Great advice and thanks for the info.

Ok, I thought I was done asking questions, but I realize that I have the most anxiety about embarkation day.

We have an 11:45 PAT, and here are the list of things that I want (or our family wants) to do. Help me prioritize and put these in some kind of order... I've never done this before!

-Visit Guest Services to fix one of our tastings (ideally reschedule one or cancel it without a fee).
-Visit Senses to see about Rainforest Day Passes and participate in the raffle.
-Have lunch (but not Cabanas).
-Do the AquaDuck with lower lines (this is the kids' highest priority). (By the way, can you do lunch from the quick service on the pool deck if the kids just want to hit the pools and slides first?)
-Tour the kids clubs.
-Check into our stateroom.
-Unpack.
-Sail Away Party!

Thanks!
On our last cruise we were able to connect with guest services on the app in the terminal before boarding the ship - you might want to see if you can connect them via chat so you don’t have to wait in line once you get onboard.

For the rainforest room just be aware that majority of people have reported back that they only do week passes on the fantasy not day passes. We paid about $280’ total for two people for the week in April and it was well worth it for us. We will for sure be doing the week pass on our fantasy cruise that leaves the day you get back, we love it!

The Aqua Duck line can grow rapidly, and family pool deck chairs/loungers can get snapped up rapidly, if you wait until after lunch, because a lot of families have lunch first and then hit the pools / Aqua Duck. I recommend doing that first. The Aqua Duck usually opens at noon. We like to swim in the pools immediately upon boarding because it's the only time they're not kid soup.

Yes, pool deck quick service will be open upon arrival and you can eat on a chair or lounger at the family pool deck.

It is my understanding that the Rainforest Room is no longer selling day passes. Am I wrong about that? Did the policy change?

The Aqua Duck line can grow rapidly, and family pool deck chairs/loungers can get snapped up rapidly, if you wait until after lunch, because a lot of families have lunch first and then hit the pools / Aqua Duck. I recommend doing that first. The Aqua Duck usually opens at noon. We like to swim in the pools immediately upon boarding because it's the only time they're not kid soup.

Yes, pool deck quick service will be open upon arrival and you can eat on a chair or lounger at the family pool deck.

It is my understanding that the Rainforest Room is no longer selling day passes. Am I wrong about that? Did the policy change?
I don’t believe the Rainforest room is selling day passes except on the wish If they don’t sell out but I have not heard any reports of day passes at least for the fantasy and the dream.

For the rainforest room just be aware that majority of people have reported back that they only do week passes on the fantasy not day passes.
It is my understanding that the Rainforest Room is no longer selling day passes.
@Imaginette reported recently that Day Passes had indeed returned. I will find out in just over a day and report back my findings!

Go have lunch first I would do pool side or Cabana’s sit down restaurant will take a long time. Grab a table first at pool side or cabanas and go up a few at a time.

Don‘t waste your time with the spa raffle , there isn’t that many prizes and it wastes a lot of times for a big commercial. Did it once never again.

You might want to do your muster station after lunch.

I would go check out the kids clubs because they are open house until the night time. You get to see where the kids we be , the kids also get to go visit the Vibe where your teen will be. At that time the vibe people will give your child a vibe card instead of the key to the world. It opens there club door. Actually you can go all over the ship including all the bar sections.

After all this your room might be ready at 2:00.

Then your ready for the sail away party. Go to the side with the terminal and wave to the people on shore. Usually a few people come out with big Mickey hands and wave too.

If your drink testing isn’t the first day I would do that last .

After saying that if you are really pool people and want in that pool and slide go for that with swimsuits on under your clothes. But really you have the whole cruise to do that. If you are second seating for dinner that is a great time to check out the slide because it clears out because first seating has to go get ready for dinner.

Just remember you are not going to fit in everything , lol we have tried it is tiring and impossible because they schedule things at the same time. Kids club is good for that or during dinner. Lots of time the kids eat and leave or one of us runs them to the club before our dinner comes. The server will bring out the kids food first so they can go if you tell them.

Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:
I've never cruised before, so I actually don't have my own opinions... only those formed by too many forum visits. 😜 I just have read that with kids (and we have four of them, ages 7 to 16) that it can be a bit crazy fighting the crowds and getting food for all and then finding a seat. I'm open to being wrong!
We have not found Cabanas to be too crazy on embarkation day. Breakfast on other days...yikes! We tend to get early PAT and go straight there. I recommend finding a table first and setting your stuff down. We leave someone at the table and take turns getting all of the yummy food. We also always eat out on the back deck outside the main restaurant. Usually lots of tables It just accidentally became the thing we all look forward to when thinking about getting on our cruise. We have been cruising since our DS just turned 7 and our DD was 3 months old. So much fun at all ages! Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter