• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What ride do you think Disney could get rid of...

There was a movie, it was lame, and HISTA was its name-o
H-I-S-T-A,
H-I-S-T-A.....

You can fill in the rest....;)

But I am also not a fan of Innoventions. I think I am just not "tech" enough to get what it is trying to do. I thought the first ten minutes felt like a sales pitch at a state fair, and the rest was "eh...." But ASIMO wasn't "up" and my DS says he is AWESOME so maybe it just isn't aimed toward my old, boring demographic.....

However this is so much usable space there that could be used in fantastic ways if they only put some thought into it....

Agree! I dont like HISTA and dont like Innoventions, or at least move innoventions to some where else and re-do that building.

I feel bad just trashing HISTA like this, but yeah... it needs to go.

I think autopia can be made better. When chevron's sponsorship ends, I bet they will go electric. Hope they add better scenery though.

Innoventions need to be maintained better. It needs to update more often in the second floor. The attractions up there are lame.

Sorry girls... Princess Fantasy Fair needs to go. There is a lot of space there for a potentially cool ride. Or they could just put in another musical. Disney shows draw big crowds.

Mulholland Madness at DCA. I can't believe they are actually retheming it instead of just getting rid of it. I've only been on it once but it gave me a headache and it was just like the roller coaster they bring to the fair. In other words, it's so un-disney.

Also, I'm sad that Casey Jr. is getting a bad rap. As far as little train rides go, I think it's pretty fun with the hills and everything plus the scenery is so nice. But I guess everyone has their own opinion. :)

I just hate watching my strapping DH trying to squeeze into the cars.

There are a couple of rides that I wouldn't mind if they went away (Astro Orbitor, Autopia), but lots of people (mainly little kids) would be sad to see them go, so those aren't what I'd choose to wave my Magic Disappearing Wand :wizard: at.

No, I'd want Innoventions to go. It takes up so much space, and it's not really worth seeing more than once or twice, IMO. They should make use of what's still a "futuristic" concept (revolving theater), and put in some new show. It'd be a win/win situation: a not-so-popular attraction makes way for a new attraction, the show building is already existant, and it'd be a nice, air-conditioned 20 minute or so break form walking around on a hot day.

Mulholland Madness. Hate it.

I actually don't mind HISTA since I take a 13 minute nap in the airconditioning and my DD loves it!!

I agree with Mulholland Maddness. DD insisted we go on it last time, and neither of us enjoyed it. It is just like a ride at the fair!

my son loves autopia so that has to stay...but when chevron goes they should go electric and do a cars them....uh the movie, I know they are already cars lol. Anyway...that has to stay, driving is a favorite for him.

I wouldn't miss hista either, innoventions is a waste of space as well.

my son loves autopia so that has to stay...but when chevron goes they should go electric and do a cars them....uh the movie, I know they are already cars lol. Anyway...that has to stay, driving is a favorite for him.

I wouldn't miss hista either, innoventions is a waste of space as well.

That's a great idea, Krissy! I think that a great way to modernize the Autopia ride would have been to somehow make it "Cars"-themed. They could have essentially kept the same foundation they use for Autopia but just change the overall theme and paint the vehicles accordingly. I grew up with Autopia - actually with the inexplicable Autopia in Fantasyland and an Autopia in Tomorrowland (??), which never made sense to me, as they could have used one of those spaces for a different ride - and it holds a certain retro-futuristic, nostalgic place for me. I think I would miss seeing that track entirely gone because it has been there so long, but there are ways to make it more current. But now that Carsland is headed for DCA, I don't think they would ever revamp Autopia in a Cars theme in DL, sadly. That would be Cars overload, I think.

Even though I am sure I will love the upcoming Little Mermaid ride, I feel it would have been a better fit in DL rather than DCA, and some sort of Nemo ride would have fit better into the Pixar-heavy DCA (they could have done a whole 'ocean'-themed land in DCA to fit in with the sun/surf aspect of California, and stuck a Nemo ride in there). But I have to make do with what is there, I guess!

Ugh, HISTA REALLY needs to go. What an awful show. Put in Alien Encounter or something cool like that! :banana: Or at least Phillarmagic.

Another ride that needs to leave is Innoventions. It's a waste of space.

Hmm, and Maliboomer. I feel like I'm gonna fall out every time! Well, their already demolishing Maliboomer, so :thumbsup2

And, that's about it.

HISTA, Orange Stinger, Mali boomer, Jelly Fish jumpers, Autopia, Fairy Hollow and innovetions. All are serious wastes of space IMO, Well Autopiia is ok I just hate the way they smell and never ride them, so I wouldn't miss them. I also think that Finding Nemo could have been better I would have liked to see the old subs back instead.

Also I love Casey Jr and would be sad if he were gone :sad1:

Your points are all good. I would have a hard time seeing the canoes go, too, because, as with the various Main Street vehicles, even if I don't ride them I am just used to seeing them at DL going way back to childhood. It seems like the canoes are a ride that many people forget about because I guess they are not running all the time, but they are one of those integral stitches in the great fabric of Disneyland and they really visually represent Frontierland and the Rivers of America well.

That's the thing - I hated those darn Skyway buckets of doom that went form FL to TL and back when they were a fixture in the Disneyland skies way back when. I hated dangling from a precarious cable above hard cement - call me crazy - but I MISS seeing them glide across the skyscape of DL! They were yet another stitch in the fabric of DL.

But I have no sentimental attachment to HISTA - and I think it is definitely dead weight at this point!

I hate the canoes, but I would never wnat to seem them go. When I was a kid my Nana always made us ride them and I thought they were awful. Why would I want to paddle my self around when I could be riding pirates? I rember being afraid the Mark Twain or the Colombia was gonna run me over. Now I see them and remeber that from my childhood. I seem them and say Who wants to wait in line for sore arms. If they were gone I think it would be like a little piece of my child hood would be too. Its a love hate relationship. :lovestruc:mad:

I feel bad just trashing HISTA like this, but yeah... it needs to go.

I think autopia can be made better. When chevron's sponsorship ends, I bet they will go electric. Hope they add better scenery though.

Innoventions need to be maintained better. It needs to update more often in the second floor. The attractions up there are lame.

Sorry girls... Princess Fantasy Fair needs to go. There is a lot of space there for a potentially cool ride. Or they could just put in another musical. Disney shows draw big crowds.

Lmao yeah I miss the Beauty and the beast show. Also I spent two hours there once people watching and drinking hot chocolate. It is a nice place to have a seat, but I agree Its to much space for a meet and greet.

Innoventions is a big waste of space - basically just a hall full of advertorials for a bunch of corporates - when we were there in April half of the stuff wasn't working either = b-o-r-i-n-g!
HISTA is cute enough, but after you've seen Tough to be a Bug and Muppets 3D you realise it is pretty lame.

DL should get rid of

Space Mtn - Too dark!
Indiana Jones - Too bumpy!
Splash Mtn - Too wet!
Matterhorn - Too many holes in the mountain!
BTMRR - Too many ups and downs!
POTC and HM - All those AA characters are obviously fake! Duh!

DCA should get rid of

Soarin Over California - Too smelly! Always smells like oranges for some reason.
Tower of Terror - The elevators are all broken! Would somebody please fix them!
California Screamin - Too long!
Grizzley River Run - Also too wet!
Toy Story Midway Mania - Too hard!

DL should get rid of

Space Mtn - Too dark!
Splash Mtn - Too wet!

DCA should get rid of

Soarin Over California - Too smelly! Always smells like oranges for some reason.

:rotfl2::lmao: Love it!

It's A Small World (ducking..)

I was seriously happy when my kids got old enough to deem it "boring". I know it's a classic.. but... bleh.

Whenever I get a brain worm (song I can't get out of my head) my dd13 starts singing IASW. Then I have that stuck in my head forever!

Beth

DL should get rid of

Space Mtn - Too dark!
Splash Mtn - Too wet!

DCA should get rid of

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::thumbsup2

HISTA, Autotopia, Astro Orbitor and oh my gosh update the dang movie speil for Star Tours while you are waiting to load! Is that supposed to be a hidden mickey made out of the black lady's hair?

I really liked Casey Jr. I am amazed how fast it feels like you are going at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter