• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What ride do you think Disney could get rid of...

Storybook Canal & Casey Jr. Train (I am NOT sad they will be closed for refurb during our Sept. trip)

I don't mind Casey going, but please leave the canal boats where they are. I love seeing the ducks there. They need a quiet place to live.

I have more than one:

HISTA
Astro Orbiter

And I could live without Roger Rabbit and Autopia, although I think they are popular with many.

Mulholland Madness at DCA. I can't believe they are actually retheming it instead of just getting rid of it. I've only been on it once but it gave me a headache and it was just like the roller coaster they bring to the fair. In other words, it's so un-disney.

Also, I'm sad that Casey Jr. is getting a bad rap. As far as little train rides go, I think it's pretty fun with the hills and everything plus the scenery is so nice. But I guess everyone has their own opinion. :)

Also, I'm sad that Casey Jr. is getting a bad rap. As far as little train rides go, I think it's pretty fun with the hills and everything plus the scenery is so nice. But I guess everyone has their own opinion. :)

I love Casey Jr., too! Such a great little ride. Both CJ and Storybook are classic, and Fantasyland would be very incomplete without them.

This was a great idea for a thread, Emmers! I hope most people find it over here because I think you will get a lot of responses, and it is always amusing to see which things some people love but others cannot stand!

Hee hee - see, I LOVE Roger Rabbit! It is actually one of my favorite rides overall at DL, and definitely my favorite of the dark rides 'for kids.' :rotfl:

I also agree about wanting Storybook Land Canal boats to stay. I don't always manage to work it into the schedule, but it is unique and a childhood favorite and when I think of going to Disneyland as a kid, I think of that ride. That ride has 'Disney magic' and 'charm' written all over it.

Who was it that said HISTA needs to be gotten rid of? Was it DangerMouse? BINGO!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I agree 100% with that!:cool1: Ditch HISTA once and for all. For some reason, after only a couple of times sitting through it I was bored to tears. I just cannot bear to watch it now.

You know, it would be easy to list off all the ones I never go on and say I want those gone, i.e., the various vehicles on Main Street, but I would never want to see those go because they belong in DL. They are part of the landscape. Hmmm...maybe the canoes? It seems a lot of people kind of forget those are there. I guess I think most of the things there have their rightful place in Disneyland (and, in fact, some of the past rides that have been removed should NOT have been removed), so I really just want to get rid of HISTA once and for all and bring in something new.

haha I wanted so badly to put it in the other part of the Disney board, but I wasn't sure if this was considered chat or what!! I was gone when they added this side board so I don't know the rules LOL

For me..RR. GAG. But it looks nice on the outside and people who like it LIKE IT ;) so it should stay.

I wouldn't be sad if Mulholland left. I've never been on it, but we have a wild mouse in our amusement park here that i HATE that is basically identical.

I haven't been on casey jr or the storybook boats..we were going to for the first time this year, but we won the suite that day and never got around to it..then we FORGOT?!!? lol

Hmm..OH never been on Astro Orbiter, so I woulnd't care if it was gone lol

Aaaaand...ya the canoes, meh.

Aaaaaannnnndddd I'm sure I'll come up with something later LOL

haha I wanted so badly to put it in the other part of the Disney board, but I wasn't sure if this was considered chat or what!! I was gone when they added this side board so I don't know the rules LOL

You put the thread in the right place!:thumbsup2

I agree that HISTA should go.

About the canoes, I think i've only been on them once in my life but I don't want to see them go because I like that it is something different than the usual amusement park ride. That's the great thing about DLR is that there is such a variety of things to do. The canoes just seem unique because you are actually paddling a canoe and not just on a boat with a track guiding you along. Hmmmm.....maybe I need to go on the canoes again. :laughing: I think it's been 16 years! I just remember it was tiring but now I'm getting all nostalgic over them. :rotfl:

I agree that HISTA should go.

About the canoes, I think i've only been on them once in my life but I don't want to see them go because I like that it is something different than the usual amusement park ride. That's the great thing about DLR is that there is such a variety of things to do. The canoes just seem unique because you are actually paddling a canoe and not just on a boat with a track guiding you along. Hmmmm.....maybe I need to go on the canoes again. :laughing: I think it's been 16 years! I just remember it was tiring but now I'm getting all nostalgic over them. :rotfl:

Your points are all good. I would have a hard time seeing the canoes go, too, because, as with the various Main Street vehicles, even if I don't ride them I am just used to seeing them at DL going way back to childhood. It seems like the canoes are a ride that many people forget about because I guess they are not running all the time, but they are one of those integral stitches in the great fabric of Disneyland and they really visually represent Frontierland and the Rivers of America well.

That's the thing - I hated those darn Skyway buckets of doom that went form FL to TL and back when they were a fixture in the Disneyland skies way back when. I hated dangling from a precarious cable above hard cement - call me crazy - but I MISS seeing them glide across the skyscape of DL! They were yet another stitch in the fabric of DL.

But I have no sentimental attachment to HISTA - and I think it is definitely dead weight at this point!

Autopia, it's horrible, have you ever smelled it?? YUK!
HISTA because it's old and boring LOL

In DCA if they got rid of the Mickey Wheel of Death I'd be just fine! LOL

I agree with HISTA! Dump it and bring over Philharmagic! :thumbsup2 They talked about putting it in the Muppet 3D theater when they announced the DCA changes a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard anything about Philharmagic since.

For the Astro Orbiter, I wouldn't necessarily want to see it gone, per se since it's a classic, just put it back where it goes! It's such a nuissance up in the front. :headache:

There was a movie, it was lame, and HISTA was its name-o
H-I-S-T-A,
H-I-S-T-A.....

You can fill in the rest....;)

But I am also not a fan of Innoventions. I think I am just not "tech" enough to get what it is trying to do. I thought the first ten minutes felt like a sales pitch at a state fair, and the rest was "eh...." But ASIMO wasn't "up" and my DS says he is AWESOME so maybe it just isn't aimed toward my old, boring demographic.....

However this is so much usable space there that could be used in fantastic ways if they only put some thought into it....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter