• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What ride do you think Disney could get rid of...

Well if you've ever seen me at the parks, you'll know why I love these types of attractions. :)

Just remember that like IASW, you'll have the Casey Jr song stuck in your head for hours.....

And yes, Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough is really wonderful. I was told I got to see it was I was about 5 years old, but don't remember. From what I'm told, it's done so much like the original with many plusses. Great special effects on some. Little things like peeking in some of the small door windows and things will jump at you, etc. It's another thing we never miss and try to see early in the morning after we've bought our coffee. :)

LOL Yup, songs that get stuck in head..DS will LOVE IT.

Okay it sounds like I have a lot of firsts to take care of this next trip.

BTW, I've been meaning to tell you for a long time that I LOVE all the pics you guys take. Your siggy is really fun :)

LOL Yup, songs that get stuck in head..DS will LOVE IT.

Okay it sounds like I have a lot of firsts to take care of this next trip.

BTW, I've been meaning to tell you for a long time that I LOVE all the pics you guys take. Your siggy is really fun :)

Thank you! We really enjoy taking tons of pics each trip and I enjoy sharing them all here. I'm sure next trip will be the same.

Enjoy doing all of these first time things next trip!

Can't wait to see your new pics! It's getting close!

And thanks! It's always fun to do something new at DL, now I can't wait :D

I totally agree that HISTA needs to go.

They NEED to update Star Tours- BAD.

I wouldn't be sad to see RR go. That one makes me sick.

I wish they'd bring back the people movers :(

PFF needs to be moved somewhere else. Way too much space for what it is. They need to make the line move faster too. Maybe have different lines that go to different places with a few princesses in each place...we got there 20 minutes before it opened and STILL ended up waiting almost an hour.

Autopia needs to be updated. That line is awful.

Innoventions. Nuff said.

I'm gonna have to say I love Star Tours. I enjoy how old the video looks, especially the hair!

:3dglassesI wouldn't mind HISTA leaving and It's tough to be a bug scared me so bad years ago I cant ride it again anyway. So both may go.

I also agree that all the lame, non-disney DCA rides should go. I like themes! That's what makes disney special!

And hey, take out Innoventions too. The intro bores me to death and once I'm in I wonder why I bothered.

The rest, however, is amazing. I can't wait to be back...:cloud9:

I am a big fan of themes too. The rides I like the least are Autopia and Roger Rabbit, but I think if they made smoother tracks, cooler vehicles, and better (Disney-er!) theming for Autopia, it could actually be really cool! Innoventions and HISTA are wastes of space at this point, the Princess Fantasy Faire could be smaller as well. I love Storybook Land Canal Boats, Casey Jr. not so much, but I think it looks appropriate. Basically...more themed rides and shows! :D I have always thought a Lion King or a Beauty and the Beast ride would be REALLY cool. The Little Mermaid ride sounds amazing too; they should be doing more of that stuff in both parks.

Innoventions, HISTA and Pooh. Dh went on Pooh for the first time yesterday and said the only good thing about it was the AC. My girls didn't even seem too thrilled.

I made my first trip to DLR this past June, and I'll be coming back for another week in January at VGC with my mom again (yay! SOOO excited!). Having spent a week at both parks I can say I'd be happy to see HISTA gone and Philharmagic added, because it's fantastic! I also wouldn't mind Mulholland gone &...dare I say Zephyr?

JMHO. :)

And Sherry E, I completely agree with the Ocean-themed land. I believe it would have worked out quite nicely. IDK why it hasn't already been done...? Hmm?

:)

I made my first trip to DLR this past June, and I'll be coming back for another week in January at VGC with my mom again (yay! SOOO excited!). Having spent a week at both parks I can say I'd be happy to see HISTA gone and Philharmagic added, because it's fantastic! I also wouldn't mind Mulholland gone &...dare I say Zephyr?

JMHO. :)

And Sherry E, I completely agree with the Ocean-themed land. I believe it would have worked out quite nicely. IDK why it hasn't already been done...? Hmm?

:)

Yes! I am glad someone agrees with me! I really like ocean-themed things anyway, but I envisioned that the brains behind DCA were struggling with and continue to struggle with how much of a Pixar influence they should work into the California-themed park. I don't know if they did struggle, but that is what I imagine!:lmao: Somehow, they decided to work A Bug's Land into a California-themed park, and now we are getting a Cars-themed land which can remotely tie into the California car culture, I suppose, so it just seems like it would have been logical to work in an ocean-themed land (Paradise Pier doesn't cut it) into a theme park centered around a state which is known for its beach/ocean culture! And this mythical ocean-themed land could have played host to a Little Mermaid ride and any Nemo-oriented things (had they not put Nemo in DL). Plus, it would have been a nice and colorful addition/complement to a park that is kind of drab (color-wise) in several areas (for example, Condor Flats is a dull area, aesthetically speaking).

But, alas, no ocean-themed land. Paradise Pier is about as close as we come to it, but that is more boardwalk-themed than ocean-themed.

HISTA for sure!!! Nothing to do with Disney, and my kids don't know anything about those movies. A close second would be RR. Such a long line for such a short (silly) ride. UGH.

One of my all time FAVS is Storybook Canal!! :lovestruc And DS's favorite is Astro Orbitors (I like where it is, its so awesome to be up there at night, especially during the fireworks!) We also like Autotopia, but I agree the fumes are headache-inducing. :sick: PFF MUST stay! Its the only place in the park JUST for the princesses and little girls! When you think about it, almost all of DL is geared towards the "boy friendly" movies.

I have to agree on getting rid of HISTA...I really like the idea someone posted about putting Mickey's Philharmagic there. I love that show.

I don't care for Innoventions either, personally I would like to see an updated Carousel of Progress there but I know that won't be happening.

Star Tours needs to be either updated or removed. I would really love to see them remove it, and replace it with an updated Journey to Inner Space.

Also the people mover tracks, either bring it back or get rid of them.

I wouldn't care if Autopia was no longer there, because I don't go on it anymore.

I'm too tall for it, and it's boring.

I'm 6 feet, 2 inches tall. Not exactly a fun experience in those tiny little cars. :rotfl2:

DBF is 6'3", we feel your pain, and because of the stench :sick: we don't ride it anymore. When we past it for the train station the girls always say "WHY does ANYone ride that more than once?" LOL none of us like it, too stinky!!!!

HISTA...never even seen it, no desire to see it, lol. I'd have no problem if it left.

The Orange Stinger could go. Takes up a lot of space.

The silver-flyer-rocket-spin-in-a-circle things in DCA could go too. The ride is so boring I can't even remember the name, lol. Is it even still there?? ;)

Astro Orbiters--I'm torn. I don't like where it is. It seems to be plunked down in the middle of the foot path and i hate that. On the other hand my kids love it, and it's pretty at night (that counts for something, right?)

The Golden Zephyr is the silver thing, the girls love that one and the Orange Stinger, they were so excited in July when it was actually open (the Zephyr). LOL They like the Astro Orbiters too, but I really think they should put it back up where it was before, it was neater when it was up higher.

Storybook Canal, went on it one time with DH. Bored us to tears, looking at all those little houses and stuff. The CM was trying really hard to make it fun, but I can't imagine why little kids would like that. Mine would fall asleep! LOL And it seemed to go on FOREVER!

HISTA can also go.

I don't care for many of the more "carnival" rides they have over at DCA.

NO!!!!!!! Never say Story Book Canals, I LOVE that ride!!!!! Especially at night, when it's all lit up. It's one of my favorites!!! :) My kids never fall asleep, they ask if they can ride on the front of the boat. :)

Star Tours needs to be either updated or removed. I would really love to see them remove it, and replace it with an updated Journey to Inner Space.

Also the people mover tracks, either bring it back or get rid of them.

I agree with this! :)

OMG!...I'm gonna have to start using that word: 'SIGGY'. I usually call mine my 'Co-Pilot in Life' because he drives everywhere we go and I sit shot-gun with the maps, directions and stuff needed to get us where we need to go...

DallasDisneyDork: I too love your pics...I've been to DL in 2006 & 2008...my 'siggy' was last @ DL in 1981!...so yes his return is long over due...we're going Thanksgiving weekend for my 40th B-Day before we cruise the Mexican Riviera on Royal Caribbean the following week...

Here are our pics...1st Jon, then Joey:
100_9858.JPG

100_9864.JPG

I hear rumor that EO will be making a return this Halloween as a temp HISTA replacement, anyone konw more about this? If this is ture I CAN'T WAIT!!...since I'll be at DL a month later, then there's a chance I'll get to see it again...I loved seeing it at EPCOT...

Jon C / DisneyDork69 on TWITTER

Yeah, Innoventions and HISTA need to go, they can do so much better!

But, Autopia needs to stay my kids LOVE it! :)

Well....it's hard to pick since you start messing with classics or picking on others' faves, but since you asked...

Toon Town. The whole thing :eek:

Innoventions

Autopia (as is).

Daily Fantasmic and parades

Astro Orbiters

Pooh

Most of the carnival rides in CA

And though I love the ride and it has a definite nostalgia factor going for it, I would sure like it if they did something with Jungle Cruise. Rarely, there is a captain that can turn the lame script into something funny. Usually, though, I just chuckle because I don't want them to feel bad and cringe while I'm doing it. It was SO much better when the captains were allowed freer rein with the spiel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter