What restaurants do you recommend? DL ONLY please.

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I've been to DL 20+ times. Hungry Bear restaurant has always been a family favorite. It might be closed when I go this August, so I'm just trying to get ideas on other places to eat. Blue Bayou we only do once every 3 to 5 years. We eaten at Plaza Inn a few times during our trips the last few years and think it's OK,just not on every trip. I'd still like to hear from people who love it. We're mainly looking for burgers and fries, but are open to all options. Thanks!

If you like the Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou, you can get it at Cafe Orleans, and it comes with fries! That's generally our favorite table service in Disneyland. I also like the Carnation Cafe, but I only ever get the baked potato soup and fried pickles so I can't give a review of any of the entrees--but the menu looks like it would work for your family.

As far as counter service, Plaza Inn is our favorite, but we also like Ronto Roasters, Bengal BBQ, and the Little Red Wagon. My daughter swears the Birria Grilled Cheese at Jolly Holiday is one of the best things she's ever eaten and is super excited to have it again when we go in like 3 weeks, but the rest of the menu is relatively limited. You could always have some people get a hot dog at Refreshment Corner or a corn dog at the Little Red Wagon and join you all at the seating for Jolly Holiday.

We haven't tried Tiana's Palace since it opened, but the menu sounds interesting to me, but we tend to like most things cajun/creole.

If you want burgers and fries inside Disneyland you have limited options.

Carnation Cafe has a burger and a patty melt on the menu. They serve fries.

Galactic Grill has a few burgers and serves fries.

Red Rose Tavern has two burgers on the menu but they serve tater tots not French fries.

I’m pretty sure that’s it but hopefully someone will correct me if I’m wrong!

If you like the Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou, you can get it at Cafe Orleans, and it comes with fries!
I've only had dinner at the Blue Bayou, so I've never tried the Monte Cristo, but it's good to know it's at Cafe Orleans. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Carnation and cafe orleans are always on our list.

Still dont think DL has a great burger..i prefer smash burgers

I love Jolly Holiday. Good sandwiches (especially the grilled cheese and tomato soup) and pastries.

Bengal BBQ is also good for a small bite. Although I do find it a bit expensive.

I also like Plaza Inn for the fried chicken.

If you really want a burger and don't want to do a sit down at Carnation Cafe, I would try Red Rose Tavern. The other place I can think of is Gallatic Grill, but every time I have eaten there I was disappointed. Usually cold, under sauced/dry, or just bleh.

Carnation and cafe orleans are always on our list.

Still dont think DL has a great burger..i prefer smash burgers
For the record, I don't think any food at DL is amazingly delicious, well except for the ribeye steak last year at Blue Bayou. :rolleyes1

Downtown Disney isn't too far to get to for a meal so that could open up some options for you as well. We really liked the burgers at Black Tap.

We always eat at least once at the italian place in DTD. We like the pizza. Plus being able to have a glass of wine helps too.

We dined at Carnation Cafe for lunch last Tuesday. It was disappointing. This was our third straight visit where we felt like the quality has slipped. Last week we had both slow service and the food was just average at best. We will skip in the future. I would rather head out into DD for lunch.

We dined at Carnation Cafe for lunch last Tuesday. It was disappointing. This was our third straight visit where we felt like the quality has slipped. Last week we had both slow service and the food was just average at best. We will skip in the future. I would rather head out into DD for lunch.
They need another Chef Oscar!

Love the fried chicken at Plaza Inn! The best burger I have had at DLR was at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney, but that was quite a few years ago. We really enjoy Bengal BBQ and Tropical Hideaway, as we try to eat things we can't get at home. 🙂

Harbor Galley has a lobster roll, Troubador Tavern for the baked potato and you can't go wrong with a pork belly skewer from Bengal Barbecue just my opinion

I was just looking for a res @ Carthay Circle Lounge for dinner and there were no times available (today is 60 days). There were only 2 oddball times showing for lunch too. Is this normal for the lounge to be booked up that fast? We really liked the looks of the menu and hopefully we can luck into something that works out during our week in August.

I was just looking for a res @ Carthay Circle Lounge for dinner and there were no times available (today is 60 days). There were only 2 oddball times showing for lunch too. Is this normal for the lounge to be booked up that fast? We really liked the looks of the menu and hopefully we can luck into something that works out during our week in August.
It can book very quickly.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest