What restaurant is the most trouble to physically get to?

Trails End is the worst to get to, we had to take the boat from MK it took FOREVER!!!!!

isn't trail's end where hoop dee doo is located? on no

It really is not all that bad. Taking the boat from the Magic Kingdom is better than trying to get there from a bus coming from a park or Downtown Disney, THEN changing buses and taking any of the internal buses to the Pioneer Hall stop. The boat dock at Ft. Wilderness is a straight shot to the Pioneer Hall and Trail's End area.

I won't be able to be in Epcot because they wouldn't be open yet - breakfast in our family is around 8. I guess the bus to DHS and walk to Beach Club would work.

I had a 830 breakfast at Garden Grove in the Swan (ADR's not required)
I took the early bus from CSR and walked. It was wonderful being out so early.
It is a good 15 minute walk and I would say 20 mins to Beach Club.
I took some very nice pictures along the way.
The buses will run to HS 1 hour before the earliest breakfast time, which is 800am I think.

Getting to a DTD restaurant using Disney transportation would be number one on our list, followed by AKL - Jiko/Boma.

On a side note: can you go from Wilderness Lodge right to the Poly by boat, or do you have to switch transportation at MK?

I wanted to do a breakfast at Cape May on our upcoming trip but I have no idea how we would get there without a car. Any suggestions? We will be staying at the CSR.

Hi. Just my .02 take a cab from CSR to BC to eat at Cape May. We stayed at CSR last trip and took cabs a couple of times. The price was reasonable and you can get to your ADR on time. We did this going to Kona at the Poly and Boma at AKL. If you are having breakfast then I assume you are going on to a park from Cape May? You can boat/walk to Epcot easily, Boat to DS and Bus to MK and AK. To me it makes no sense to add all that time on in the morning by taking busses and walking a long way... just cab it! :thumbsup2

PS. Cabs always ready and waiting up front at CSR.

Hi. Just my .02 take a cab from CSR to BC to eat at Cape May. We stayed at CSR last trip and took cabs a couple of times. The price was reasonable and you can get to your ADR on time. We did this going to Kona at the Poly and Boma at AKL. If you are having breakfast then I assume you are going on to a park from Cape May? You can boat/walk to Epcot easily, Boat to DS and Bus to MK and AK. To me it makes no sense to add all that time on in the morning by taking busses and walking a long way... just cab it! :thumbsup2

PS. Cabs always ready and waiting up front at CSR.

Yep, 100% agree. Cabs are the best way to get from resort to resort, and every once in a while you might luck out and get offered resort transpo. :) Happened to us at OKW one time.

On a side note: can you go from Wilderness Lodge right to the Poly by boat, or do you have to switch transportation at MK?

You need to switch at the Magic Kingdom. You can either take the boat or bus to the Magic Kingdom, and then you can either take the boat or resort monorail to the Polynesian.

Getting to Boma was a huge hassle for us.

If it's a breakfast, I'd agree it's a bit of a hassle. Cab would be a good option. But for dinner, it's pretty easy to do if you're at a park. Just hop on the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus.

When going from any WDW Resort via bus to the Magic Kingdom and then going to Chef Mickey's is easier then it sounds, because from their bus station you can use the walkway to the Contemporary and you would already be half way there. So you are not forced to walk over the other side to the Resort Monorail station and taking the Resort Monorail.

Definitely anything located at the Fort Wilderness campgrounds (i.e Hoop de Doo Review/Mickey's Backyard BBQ). You have to take bus/car to get to the campgrounds, park your car/get off bus, then take a tram way into the grounds to get to the restaurants. If your tired, it could be a hassel (especially if you want to get back into the parks).

Hate to be a little ray of sunshine but.................I love the Disney transport and consider it to be part of the dining experience.
The ferry/boat trip to Trail's End is one of my best memories! There was an lightning storm and we had to stay in the middle of Bay Lake until it was over. I was with a nice family in the back of the boat.
The boat trip from POR to DTD also, and a big reason I stay there.

The bus depot at DTD is another story all together! It is to be avoided at all costs. :scared1:

We always do a " boat around the lake cocktail hour" where we use the boats to get to GF, POLY,WL, WLC and CR for drinks at Mizner's, Tambu, Territory and Crockett's, finishing with The Outer Rim or Cali Grill Lounge!

Yikes now I'm just bummed I'm not there.:rotfl:

The boating and drinking cocktail hour sounds fun.
A new and different spin from all those who "Drink around the World" (Showcase).:lmao:

Kinda make me wish I drink. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter