What resort/hoteldid you visit?

AuroraBelleCindy

Mouseketeer
What resort/hotel did you stay at and how was it? My husband, my daughter and I stayed at CSR and it was the best resort I've seen but I'm planning to go back and I want to know how the other resorts/hotels you've visited and your opinion on how well it was!:bounce: :Pinkbounc Thank you!:earsgirl: :wave: :tongue: :sunny: :earseek:

We were at Ft. Wilderness (camping) in March but visited a few of the resorts for the theming, dinner, etc. We've been many, many times but hadn't visited the AKL so did that on this trip.

As far as comparing resorts to see which is the best to stay at ... I think this is really an individual choice. It depends on what sort of atmosphere you and your family feel comfortable in, how much you have to spend, what you plan to do in the way of free time (if any), etc.

I personally prefer Ft. Wilderness and staying in our own camper. I've stayed at the Dolphin and Dixie Landings (now known as Port Orleans Riverside), and while they were nice, they are just hotel rooms in gorgeous surroundings. LOL.

Therefore, if you plan to spend most of your time in the parks and money is no object, I would recommend staying at the resorts closest to the parks you will be spending time. If you like to relax by your hotel pool, select one that has a nice pool area where you feel comfortable.

The All Stars resorts sound nice enough, but I think from what I read on the boards, there is a lot of commotion going on all the time with kids running in the hallways and jumping in the pool. Other than that, I think I would be happy at any of the other resorts (although the Contemporary really doesn't do anything for me either ... not enough "Disney" theming with the exception of the monorail in the lobby).

If I was forced to pick another resort and money was no object, I would select the Poly ... to me that is true fantasy!

On our last trip in March we visited GF, CR, Poly and AKl. GF has always been my dream resort to stay at but after visiting the others ....the poly is now top on my list 2nd is AKL....which we will be staying at in Sept. I still have no desire to stay at the Contemporary....to me it seems to need some updating....it is not really all that contemporary anymore.
I would like to visit some of the moderates this time....CSR, CBR and POR.

As to AS's being noisy. We have always stayed at one of the AS resorts and have never found them to be particularly noisy.

Stayed at the Polynesian in 97 - it was great.
Stayed at OKW in 98 (2 bedroom),99 (one bedroom), 00 (one bedroom), 01 (studio), 02 (studio) - love it.
Stayed at BWV (studio plus) in 99 - liked it a lot
Stayed at Swan in 02 - liked it okay, but not Disney enough
Stayed at PO in 00 - liked it, but now it is PO-FQ. Beds are only doubles, though.
Stayed at AKL in 01 - loved it, going back in four weeks but doing concierge this time
Stayed at BCV (studio) in 02 - loved it, going back after AKL in four weeks (one bedroom)
Also coming up - CS for one night before AKL, GF for a week in July, VWL (one bedroom) and OKW (one bedroom) in January.

Deb & Bill

Would you like to adopt a 33 yr old....lol.
I don't eat much ....I only require you take me on your many visits to wdw.:p :p :p :p

We couldn't have done it without DVC. The only non-DVC vacations were the Polynesian (we joined DVC on that trip - our first - plus we got the MKC discount and used part of the cost of our stay towards our downpayment at DVC), PO (paid for by my company since I was there at a conference) and the GF (Fairy Tale Package). Oooh, and AKL, just because we love it there. AP discount.

We have done every resort at WDW with the exception of OKW and AS. Each one has it's own charm and ambience.

My fave are is by far BW and YC/BC, we like the night life and the activity in the evening. Great place to people watch. This is wonderful with older kids, mine is 18. We just got back from BCV, wish I was still there.

My parents are Poly fans - they will stay no where else on property. It is by far the most relaxed of the resorts, quiet, & lush.

GF was too formal for my taste, I felt like I needed to dress up to hit the lobby. My opinion only, I know others love this one.

Cont was also nice but more hotelly. It is very stark and lots of cement around. However the view from the A frame of the MK at night is superb.

WL & AKL are both beautiful. I loved both. My DS fave is WL, although he loved the savanah view at AKL. Their styles are similar - large lobby - impressive motif.

Of the moderates our fave is by far CBR, just like the feel of this resort. A very kid friendly place. The pool is very cool with the pirate cannons.

CSR & DL/PO(or whatever it is this week) are nice but I found them too sprawling. Unless you know which section to ask for you could end up miles(it seems) from everything.

Wow, just trying to remember hotels the last ten years makes me ready for June...I'll go with this Century! My trips each June are paid for via a vendor for a seminar I teach, but I always come in early and find a cheap but hoperfully good place. Fall trips are with wife, on a budget.

June '00 Opening weekend HJME -- acceptable low-end, good pool, near parks, safe. Then, a week at the Poly. There is no substitute when money is no object.

September '00 Courtyard Marriott DTD: Good location, ok hotel. Fall prices aren't to be beat

June '01 HJME again first two nights, then the Swan. I was impressed. Excellent location, awesome pool and commons, surprisingly pedestrian rooms.

October '01 Courtyard at Marriott Village: Surprise hotel from Priceline. We will stay here again. Less than a mile from Hotel Plaza Blvd., unique pool area, very safe (gated), best beds we're ever slept upon (inlcuding our own). Good restaurants right next door.

June '02 Clarion Maingate opening weekend, weird location, close but inconvenient. Clean (older, but upkept). Didn't care too much for pulling out of parking lot. Relaxing pool area. Then, a week at the Beach Club. I can't justify this for our fall trips, but boy do I wish I could. Easily the second best location next to Poly, but nicer hotel by a mile. Love the steakhouse...

September '02 Best Western Lake Buena Vista, another Priceline gem. In DTD, a location well-suited to adult couple spending lots of time at Epcot and PI. Big rooms, old and tattered but clean. Pool was nice, but I think it we were there when they were more full, the pool wouldn't be adequate. Loved the bar with couches and big screen TV. Breakfast buffet was a deal.

Upcoming, June '03 Return to Courtyard at Marriott Village!

Great Question, love the answers!

Pat

First and only trip was 4/2002 - Dolphin. It was wonderful!! Great place to stay - got the nurse rate ($129.00/night). Good price from what I understand!!

Going to try CBR in October. Excited about that!!

Tammy

We have stayed at POFQ and POR and really like the atmosphere at both. I preferred the smaller POFQ, but both are pretty nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter