What Pool View/Savannah View Rooms to Request at AKL?

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Hello...

We have a pool view room booked for Spring Break, which I"m considering upgrading to a Savannah View room on arrival. Can anyone give me some good rooms to request, or general areas to request? Thanks!

Beth :)

I've never stayed at AKL so unfortunately I can't help you but I'm bumping this in hopes that someone can give you some suggestions. :)

tinkerbeth said:
Hello...

We have a pool view room booked for Spring Break, which I"m considering upgrading to a Savannah View room on arrival. Can anyone give me some good rooms to request, or general areas to request? Thanks!

Beth :)

Hi,

We are at the AKL right now. This is our fifth stay. We stayed twice in pool view rooms back in 2001 and this is our third time in a savanna view room. I would request the Zebra Trail as it is convient to the pool and food court and also offers views of the Arusha and Uzima savannas along with some pool view rooms.

Since you are traveling during peak season I would not wait to arriving at the AKL to see about a savanna view room. If you really do want a savanna view room I would recommend booking it in advance.

We stayed at the AKL last year. We were right at the end of the Savannah ! Great view but the walk to the room was unbelievable!! Long long long ...we were only there for three days otherwise it would have spoilt the holiday!

If I stay there next time I will request a pool view so I can be sure that it will be close to the elavators!

Denise :cheer2:

I noticed the pool view rooms on the lowest floor really were essentially views of the bushes....some had lowshrubs, but some were completely obscured. I would ask for floor 3 or up on the pool view.

Tiffany,

What is your favorite Savannah? We are going next winter (our second stay at AKL). I agree that Zebra Trail is the best hallway, but have you stayed on all three savannahs? Do you have a preference? We were on Uzima three years ago. When I saw that our room was opening on that side of the hallway I was a little disappointed, but we ended up thinking that Uzima was great. We actually heard a few people say they were disappointed in Arusha because there rooms were so far from where the animals were hanging out. What's your opinion? I'm trying to decide whether or not to request a particular savannah or just see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter