What on earth happened to McDonalds?

My daughter worked at McD's for about a year. I can tell you at her location they would put one staff on the front counter and they were responsible for taking walk in orders, filling all walk in, kiosk, curbside, and uber/skip/etc orders, and walking out curbside orders. She quit because she was always being yelled at by customers. It was impossible to juggle, but she was one of the better ones. So they kept scheduling her on front counter. Meanwhile, there were 4+ staff on drive thru.

Just a note on the locked bathroom, I can understand that too after my daughter had to clean up after someone spread their crap all over the bathroom stall (floor, walls, everywhere).

Most teens are hard workers, but when companies can't/won't staff properly, it's extremely demotivating.

Approximately half of American workers currently participate in a 401k retirement plan. And no one said anything about double digit returns. No one participating in a 401k plan expect that. 401k plans are a long term investment that grows over a long period of time. The longer the participation, the greater the results (typically).

CEOs do consider long term strategies. It's call growth and expansion. Every company wants to grow and possibly expand, from the largest mega-corporations down to the mom & pop shops.

Taking advantage of opportunity is not just a 1980s "greed is good" mentality. It's human nature.

Aside from the managerial positions, when did a job at a fast food restaurant become a household's main source of income? Those jobs were meant as part time work for those in school or those looking for part time work.
This statement sadly shows either how entrenched some people are with their own lives, or just how far from reality they are... I mean really. Merry Christmas!

My daughter worked at McD's for about a year. I can tell you at her location they would put one staff on the front counter and they were responsible for taking walk in orders, filling all walk in, kiosk, curbside, and uber/skip/etc orders, and walking out curbside orders. She quit because she was always being yelled at by customers. It was impossible to juggle, but she was one of the better ones. So they kept scheduling her on front counter. Meanwhile, there were 4+ staff on drive thru.

Just a note on the locked bathroom, I can understand that too after my daughter had to clean up after someone spread their crap all over the bathroom stall (floor, walls, everywhere).

Most teens are hard workers, but when companies can't/won't staff properly, it's extremely demotivating.
Wait, so people CAN leave jobs if they don't like the pay or working conditions? I had no idea.

Let not mention the fact that the food, which was always unhealthy but guilty to admit was tasty, has also declined in quality.

I just cannot eat there anymore, everything tastes like salt to me.
When has it ever been tasty, LOL. Never liked it as a kid, but it was the only choice per the mother so we opted never to go eat fast food.

I've literally eaten non-breakfast McDonald's 4 times in my life. Once was one bite and it went into the trash as I don't know what I bit into. The other 3 times was traveling at the mercy of who I was traveling with.

Coincidentally, in around Rochester NY while riding back after riding through the Canada side of Lake Ontario on the bikes, I was caught up with chit chatting with a group of Jamaicans at a touristy spot and got behind my group. They stopped in the next town looking for a bike shop and was waiting for me outside of a McDonalds. I was so hungry I figured I'd stomach it so went in and grabbed a quarter pounder and fries. That was the best fast food burger I'd ever had. Shocked that it came from a McDonalds, I'd never experienced an edible burger at McDonalds until that one.

I don't disagree, but it's just never going to happen.
It will eventually. Society will have a breaking point and I think it's going to be quite a bit before a Big Mac cost $50.

Then again, it doesn't seem to stop society's overindulgence in anything else that's stupidly expensive for what it is.

Wait, so people CAN leave jobs if they don't like the pay or working conditions? I had no idea.
LOL, yeah and find nothing but more of the same…

For fun, try looking for a job right now, and the. price rent and groceries….nothing else.

See how your budget does.

This statement sadly shows either how entrenched some people are with their own lives, or just how far from reality they are... I mean really. Merry Christmas!
And that statement sadly shows how little respect some people have for different opinions without resorting to insults. 🙄

We all have opinions based upon our own life experiences and education.

They better look for better quality control then. Wendy's is supposedly fresh beef and I have never had a greasy burger from them. Whatever the reason, I have gone away from McDonald's. So stockholders don't panic the amount I send with them in a years time will not make a noticable difference in their bottom line.
Wendy's in Clarion PA, the burgers are literally dripping with grease. Open the wrapper and you get a soggy wet grease soaked on the outside bun. I swear they dip it through a bucket of oil before wrapping it up.

LOL, yeah and find nothing but more of the same…

For fun, try looking for a job right now, and the. price rent and groceries….nothing else.

See how your budget does.
Well I actually did get off a job hunt about 5 weeks ago. There ARE jobs out there. I wasn't desperate, so I could be picky with what I applied to. The "smart" employee isn't going to quit their current job until they get another one. What should starting pay (with someone who has little to no experience) be?

Wendy's in Clarion PA, the burgers are literally dripping with grease. Open the wrapper and you get a soggy wet grease soaked on the outside bun. I swear they dip it through a bucket of oil before wrapping it up.
I have been to the one in Edinboro right off the interstate and it’s awful as well.

Aside from the managerial positions, when did a job at a fast food restaurant become a household's main source of income? Those jobs were meant as part time work for those in school or those looking for part time work.

Actually, it is the latter that is the more recent development. Primary sources regarding the establishment of the minimum wage show clearly that it was meant to support a basic lifestyle, not be "extra" money for teens and retirees. And whole generations grew up in households supported by the jobs we now think of as sub-livable, either because of low pay or because they're in industries that have gone to a part-time-only employment model. My great-grandmother supported herself as a widow with two kids in a retail job. My grandmother worked retail or catering to bridge layoffs during auto industry contractions and was able to keep the mortgage and car note paid on what she made. My mother paid for college scooping ice cream with virtually no loans. None of that is possible under current economic conditions.

One in three American jobs pays less than $15/hr. One in five is part time, and about a third of the people filling those jobs would prefer full time work. Reducing the whole low-wage economy to kids and people working for pin money ignores a major and growing problem in our country.

I have been to the one in Edinboro right off the interstate and it’s awful as well.
Last weekend it was fine in Edinboro. Although it was the first time I ordered a chicken sandwich over a burger at fast food other than the time we specifically went to Chick Fila in the mall since we'd never had it. That one was difficult to try with Five Guys burgers right next to it. Learned that Chick Fila is nothing special and I'll give the kids money to order and go stand in line for a burger myself, LOL.

Can only be exploited if you let it happen to you.
I don't let it happen to me. I'm in the minority going against society. I didn't say individuals, I said society itself. I can't change you standing in line with your credit card out complaining about the cost of the iPhone being released in 3 days while you wait to give them your money. I can only choose not to overindulge myself and go buy a $300 phone (which is also too expensive.)

One in three American jobs pays less than $15/hr. One in five is part time, and about a third of the people filling those jobs would prefer full time work. Reducing the whole low-wage economy to kids and people working for pin money ignores a major and growing problem in our country.
You know what would be nice...

Mandatory benefits for those 21+ (pick an age), regardless of hours worked. To include PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental insurance.

Of course, that will go about as far a raising minimum wage and a national health care plan.

And people wonder why people look to workplace environments for whether they stay or not. This is a local story where the store manager was let go by Olive Garden after their words. I cannot express how laughable the last part of their comment was given how completely 180 the tone attempted to be.

"Our call offs are occurring at a staggering rate. From now on, if you call off, you might as well go out and look for another job. We are no longer tolerating ANY excuse for calling off. If you’re sick, you need to come prove it to us. If your dog died, you need to bring him in and prove it to us. If its a “family emergency” and you can’t say, too bad. Go work somewhere else. If you only want morning shifts, too bad go work at a bank. If anyone from here on out calls out more than ONCE in the next 30 days you will not have a job. Do you know in my 11.5 years at Darden how many days I called off? Zero. I came in sick. I got in a wreck literally on my to work one time, airbags went off and my car was totaled, but you know what, I made it to work, ON TIME! There are no more excuses. Us, collectively as a management team have had enough. If you don’t want to work here, don’t. It’s as simple as that. If you’re here and want to work, then work. No more complainging about not being cut or not being able to leave early. You’re in the restaurant business. Do you think I want to be here until midnight on Friday and Saturday? No. I’d much rather be at home with my husband and dog, going to the movies or seeing family. But I don’t, I’m dedicated to being here. As should you. No more excuses or complaints.

I hope you choose to continue to work here and I think we (management) make it as easy as we can on ya’ll. Thank you for your time and thank you to those who come in every day on time and work hard. I wish there were more like you"

“We strive to provide a caring and respectful work environment for our team members. This message is not aligned with our company’s values. We can confirm we have parted ways with this manager.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter