What not to do at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my favorite: move all the way down to the end filling all available seat. then here is the family that plops their butts dead center...then politely moves their legs so you can get by...don't think so ...grrrr

Amen to the above!:confused: DON'T stop in the middle of the row and have a seat. You wanna get my dander up:scared1: make me cross over your legs and I can act ugly sometimes. :rotfl: My DH can to. This is our worst dislike. Other than that we are pretty cool with most things :thumbsup2

While I completely agree, I just want to specify that if it is a ride like star tours (or something like that), yes, you better move you butt all the way to the end of the row! Not, If its a show, like Beauty and the Beast or Indiana Jones, moving to the center of the row is the correct thing to do. Being a person who works in the world of showbiz, if you go to the center of the row, you are allowing people to enter from either side of the row. At things like this please don't complain at whoever it is because they did the technically right thing.

While I completely agree, I just want to specify that if it is a ride like star tours (or something like that), yes, you better move you butt all the way to the end of the row! Not, If its a show, like Beauty and the Beast or Indiana Jones, moving to the center of the row is the correct thing to do. Being a person who works in the world of showbiz, if you go to the center of the row, you are allowing people to enter from either side of the row. At things like this please don't complain at whoever it is because they did the technically right thing.

Well for Philharmagic you are supposed to move all the way down.... I would call that a show...

Not when the entrance is on one side and the exit is on the other... Everybody enters "Voyage of the Little Mermaid," for instance, from the right side of the theatre. There's no need to allow for people entering from the left. If people stop in the middle, everything gets jammed up.

Don't walk through a smoking area and choke and gag and wave your hand in front of your face. You have a map use it and besides you are OUTSIDE...get over it.

As for the breastfeeding...there is a place for that and it is not in public!!! Find a private spot and be discreet cover the child with a blanket. NOONE wants to see your ****s!

Love the smoking one. Two years ago at Disneyland, we were in a smoking area right in New Orleans square and it had a beautiful view of the Riverboats and the park in general. Some lady came down and did the waving/choking/dirty look thing and made a remark like "are you having a smokers convention or something?" Someone told her it was the smoking section and if she had a problem she should leave. She said "I can't believe Disney would give you filthy people a place to smoke with a nice view. They should put you by the trash." We all just started laughing

Well for Philharmagic you are supposed to move all the way down.... I would call that a show...

Absolutley, that's what I'm talking about. When they instruct you, go to the end. The shows I was referring to was what I could think about off the top of my head.

I have a medical condition that is not visable by wheelchair or anything else but is very serious so don't judge when you see people using a handicap pass if they arernt in wheelchair.

AMEN to that.

If my son had Down Syndrome or was in a wheel chair people would be more understanding because you can tell by looking at him that he has a disability. But my son appears completely typical (most of the time) and has what we call "an invisible disability" and people make comments and stare all the time.

For all these people know one of the parents has a medical condition. People should just keep their mouths shut because it's none of their business.

I've heard parents say "I explain that my child has A, B or C." Why explain? You don't owe anyone an explanation. You have a valid reason for having the pass. I tell people who ask about the pass "One of us has a medical condition." If they ask further questions I politely say "I'm sorry, but that's none of your business."

-took both of my kids to disney every year since they were 3 and 5 (now 19 and 21) and they walked. what is with these older kids in strollers?...it is called exercise and heaven knows some of these kids could use it..

With the rates of autism going from 1 in 10000 to 1 in 110 in just over 10 years, the reason you are probably seeing more of this is partly due to that.

My son was 7 last time we went and will be 8 when we go this year. He gets a double stroller and while he does walk about half the time, we prefer him in the stroller.

My son is autistic, prone to flight and also likes to skip more than walk and swings his arms when he skips. when he's in the stroller, he sits still and won't get out until we tell him to. He's safe there, he's not running off and he's not accidentally hitting any other guests with his arms as he skips and swings. My son doesn't see other people, they do not exist to him. He'll walk into them and not even notice.

Don't knock the big kids in the strollers. Keep your dirty looks to yourself because I have no problem telling off the person looking at my kid as if to say "isn't that kid to big for a stroller?" or god forbid you make a comment about it. I will say things like "what are you staring at?" or " what do you care if he's in a stroller, you don't have to push it."

Why do people spend so much of their time worried about what other people are doing? What do you care if someone has their 8 year old in a stroller. The kid could have a medical condition and the stroller just lets the kid feel more typical than if they are in a wheel chair.

Don't buy a turkey leg and eat it on line. Better yet, don't eat it and pass it around to all 4 members of your family. My husband, son and I actually got out of a line because we couldn't stand the disgustingness any more

. One day at MK, there was a kid heading our direction that was probably 12 or 13 in a stroller being pushed by his mother. The kid was not small by any means :rolleyes1 As he is about to pass, my DD exclaims rather loudly, "What! A big kid in a stroller, he should be walking!" Even she knew he was too old to be sitting in a stroller. My face turned so red, but I couldn't stop laughing either.

Suppose this child had autism, or another disability and they are using a stroller for a reason. Did you laugh or did tell your daughter to mind her business or not speak so loudly. You just basically taught your daughter that it's okay to pass remarks about other in public. She may as well walk around point out fat and bald people and have you laugh about.

I know my son is too big for a stroller but it's the safest place for him. I would give anything to have a typical child and not need special passes, or have to push him in stroller. It's hard enough to see other typical kids do typical things but having to listen to comments from ignorant people just makes it worse.

Don't assume that since we're young and in our 20s we're going to try and cheat you out of line or take your child's seat.

I so agree!:thumbsup2
Just because my Dh and I are young and do not have kids does not mean we lack respect for others or their children so keep those dirty looks to yourself!

2) dont take 40 paces into the park, stop in the middle of main street and pull out a map. if you're going to stop, glance over your shoulder and make sure no one is 2 feet behind you.

This is my pet peeve, I smacked right into the back of someone who did a dead stop in the middle of the walkway, then they looked at me like I was the rude one :confused3

Please don't treat the buffet items like they were in your kitchen. I watched a man, at the Boma buffet, take a ladle of soup out of a brand new pot bring it to his nose, sniff it then blow on it to cool it down!!!!! He promptly put the ladle back in the soup. I was so stunned I could'nt speak (quite a feat LOL). kithcen staff had to throw out the whole pot...even they couldn't believe it when I told them what he did.

I have a medical condition that is not visable by wheelchair or anything else but is very serious so don't judge when you see people using a handicap pass if they arernt in wheelchair.

Yes! I have fibromyalgia. On a good day I can look great as I get out of handicap parking. Heading back to the car not so much.I always feel guilty going in and greatful comming out!

With the rates of autism going from 1 in 10000 to 1 in 110 in just over 10 years, the reason you are probably seeing more of this is partly due to that.

My son was 7 last time we went and will be 8 when we go this year. He gets a double stroller and while he does walk about half the time, we prefer him in the stroller.

My son is autistic, prone to flight and also likes to skip more than walk and swings his arms when he skips. when he's in the stroller, he sits still and won't get out until we tell him to. He's safe there, he's not running off and he's not accidentally hitting any other guests with his arms as he skips and swings. My son doesn't see other people, they do not exist to him. He'll walk into them and not even notice.

Don't knock the big kids in the strollers. Keep your dirty looks to yourself because I have no problem telling off the person looking at my kid as if to say "isn't that kid to big for a stroller?" or god forbid you make a comment about it. I will say things like "what are you staring at?" or " what do you care if he's in a stroller, you don't have to push it."

Why do people spend so much of their time worried about what other people are doing? What do you care if someone has their 8 year old in a stroller. The kid could have a medical condition and the stroller just lets the kid feel more typical than if they are in a wheel chair.

My 9 year old son has autism and we have a special needs stroller for him. He is a flight risk and he does not know fear. We feel more comfortable knowing that he is safe and with us.

And FYI if a stroller is big enough and sturdy enough to hold a teenaged child it is a special needs stroller. You should be thankful that you don't have to own one.

That said what really gets me are the EXTREMELY rude tour groups. I will never got to Disney in July again. I was shocked and dismayed.

That said what really gets me are the EXTREMELY rude tour groups. I will never got to Disney in July again. I was shocked and dismayed.

Totally agree! Last September a large group (30-40 adults) were being led around by a tour guide speaking in a foreign language holding a flag. Every time they went left, we went right! I kinda felt bad for these people who maybe went on 5 rides the whole day!

Being in Disneyland, we saw them way too much in 2 days, but using our disboard knowledge, didn't have too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter