What not to do at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't judge other people.
Sometimes people use a stroller in place of a wheelchair.
You don't know someone else's challenge just by looking.

True. And there are days that we log more than 9 miles on our sneakers at Disney. That's a LOT to ask of kids, especially in the heat. Their bodies are different than grownups. I'd rather let them ride in a stroller, have happy kids, and get more done, than have whiny, tired kids, have to go back to the room, and feel like I spent all that money and energy watching TV, which I could have done at home.

A mom feeding her baby was offensive to you? Sad. :sad2:

I was thinking the same thing. That baby has the right to eat. Maybe it's offensive when adults chew with their mouth open, but dare I suggest they don't eat in public?

Don't leave food partially unwrapped in your stroller in the parks... a squirrel may come by and nibble on it and you or your kid might not even know it... ewww! I have seen many squirrels eating food out of stroller bins, particularly near the "green areas" in EPCOT.

One day at MK, there was a kid heading our direction that was probably 12 or 13 in a stroller being pushed by his mother. The kid was not small by any means :rolleyes1 As he is about to pass, my DD exclaims rather loudly, "What! A big kid in a stroller, he should be walking!" Even she knew he was too old to be sitting in a stroller. My face turned so red, but I couldn't stop laughing either.

Perhaps that child has a medical condition or neurological condition (ie:autism, sensory processing disorder) and NEEDED the stroller. I agree with the posters who say DON'T judge! ENJOY DISNEY! and please don't jump over my daughter's wheelchair to try and get in front of us...Let's bring civility back...

This one has probably been mentioned...I didn't have time to read the responses. The one thing that comes to mind is that when walking on the sidewalk, street, etc. if everyone would stay to the right...the 'traffic' flow would go much smoother...versus having to dodge people who walk right at you. Obviously, faster people will walk around the slower walking folks, but then move over to the right again.

Please remember NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY on dark rides - Disney plainly states about a million times that you are not to do it ... The whole purpose of a dark ride is that you not see all the backgrounds, support structures, etc behind the scenes. However, nothing is more annoying than having some idiot in front of you taking a flash picture constantly throughout the ride.

Don't forget to take time and just enjoy. Enjoy whatever you are doing. Enjoy standing in that mile long line to get your child an ice cream. Think about the joy that silly little ice cream will bring to them. Enjoy standing in line for that ride your child/neice/nephew/cousin wanted to go on. Enjoy being with them no matter where. Life/childhood is too short to do otherwise. As someone who's dear friend just lost her child, this is how I intend to live.:flower3:

One thing I definitely learned is to try to absorb most of the Disney magic they provide. It's amazing to see the look on a child's face when meeting someone they've only seen on TV and movies. It really becomes a wasted time if you fret about the little things and how bad things are. Looking back 2 years ago, I was a pretty hateful person when I went to Disney rather then appreciating it, I constantly got into fights with my mom (but there were also really good times, such as when my niece and I really got a chance to be together)

dont send one member of your party to wait in line for everyone else, then when its time to get on casually walk up with the 15 other people in your party and cut in front of everyone. One person can't hold 20 spots in a line! That is the thing that annoys me the most.

Please don't judge the people using the handicap lines or people who get to use there stroller as a wheelchair. These people, including my child, have many medical conditions that make life very hard and rude remarks and staring don't help.

i would never judge child in a wheel chair what annoys me are all the people who are too lazy to walk using them, and you can tell who they are because you have to wait 20 minutes for them to figure out how to drive the stupid thing before you can get on the bus or through a door way. I think it has really gotten out of hand disney should start doing some regulation.

i would never judge child in a wheel chair what annoys me are all the people who are too lazy to walk using them, and you can tell who they are because you have to wait 20 minutes for them to figure out how to drive the stupid thing before you can get on the bus or through a door way. I think it has really gotten out of hand disney should start doing some regulation.

Sorry, but this is not true. WDW involves a lot more walking that most people do in day to day life. Some conditions can be managed day to day, but will need a ECV to manage at a place as big as WDW. So some people may take a little longer to figure out how to use an ECV. Give them a break and be thankful it is not you in the ECV. (Buttcrack view all day is NOT fun)

Sorry, but this is not true. WDW involves a lot more walking that most people do in day to day life. Some conditions can be managed day to day, but will need a ECV to manage at a place as big as WDW. So some people may take a little longer to figure out how to use an ECV. Give them a break and be thankful it is not you in the ECV. (Buttcrack view all day is NOT fun)

I'm not saying that if you are in pain you should not get one i have just seen so many people abusing the system, moms pushing 3 kids piled on top of eachother in one, the grandma (who it was probably for) walking perfectly normal behind them then when its time to get in a line all the kids jump out grandma gets in and they go to the front, teenagers actually popping wheelies in wheel chairs, the RUDEST man i have ever encountered actually hit me really hard while waiting for the monorail then proceeded to yell at me to get out of his way his family even told him to just stand up because "they dont need it anymore because they cant get ot the front of the line", my DH almost got into a fight over that one, not very magical.

1. If you're waiting for a parade, and you can let a little kid in front of you without ruining your view, go ahead and do it. I know you don't HAVE to do so, but why not make a child's day? You know how Disney makes you feel like you're a kid again? You can make a kid feel so great, just by giving them a glimpse of The Mouse.
2. Don't curse loudly. So tacky.
3. Please smoke only in designated areas.
4. Don't be ugly to your kids. If they fall apart (or - more likely - you do), take a time out. Don't hit.

I'm not saying that if you are in pain you should not get one i have just seen so many people abusing the system, moms pushing 3 kids piled on top of eachother in one, the grandma (who it was probably for) walking perfectly normal behind them then when its time to get in a line all the kids jump out grandma gets in and they go to the front, teenagers actually popping wheelies in wheel chairs, the RUDEST man i have ever encountered actually hit me really hard while waiting for the monorail then proceeded to yell at me to get out of his way his family even told him to just stand up because "they dont need it anymore because they cant get ot the front of the line", my DH almost got into a fight over that one, not very magical.

The things you mentioned are ALL against WDW rules and should have been brought to a CM's attention. ECVS are for one rider only and cannot be rented or driven by anyone under 18. Disney can and will confiscate the ECV.
And the family was correct the ECV does not get you front of the line. In fact it may cause you to wait longer.

It can be very hard to "judge" who is "abusing the system", although lots of people try and do just that. Sadly rude people are everywhere. We seem to run into the rude people who have drunk too much. Not the "magical" memories I want for my child.

If you cannot afford to go to Disneyworld, just don't go.
My family saved for 4 years before we could afford it. If you do go when you cannot afford to go, do not complain about how expensive everything is. You know how much it is when you book the trip, so just shut up about it.

To be honest, i found the prices to be reasonable for a popular vacation destination. I have paid more for food at the local mall than at Disney World.

If you cannot afford to go to Disneyworld, just don't go.
My family saved for 4 years before we could afford it. If you do go when you cannot afford to go, do not complain about how expensive everything is. You know how much it is when you book the trip, so just shut up about it.

To be honest, i found the prices to be reasonable for a popular vacation destination. I have paid more for food at the local mall than at Disney World.

amen to that. don't go to the restaurants either if you can't afford to tip accordingly.

Please remember NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY on dark rides - Disney plainly states about a million times that you are not to do it ... The whole purpose of a dark ride is that you not see all the backgrounds, support structures, etc behind the scenes. However, nothing is more annoying than having some idiot in front of you taking a flash picture constantly throughout the ride.

This one drove me crazy on our last trip!! I tell ya, I was glad it wasn't my first trip to Disney or I would have been crazy mad. The offender in question was Japanese and spoke only enough english to yell out "Oh no!" or a few four letter words while on The Haunted Mansion and took pictures with flash EVERY TWO SECONDS. I'm glad he and his buddies were having such a good time and cracking up while ruining the ride for everyone else.

Don't people realize that flash pictures not only ruin the magic of the rides for the people on it, but they never turn out right when you get home. DON'T TAKE FLASH PICTURES IN A DARK RIDE EVER EVER EVER!! :mad:

i hate ECV's for non handicapped people and you hate adults drinking...guess we will never get along

Wow, you are really reading a lot into my posts. I never said I "hated" anybody. And as far as people in ECV's are concerned, they have laws in place protecting their rights. One of those gives them the right to use ECVS or other mobility devices.

People who drink have laws in place protecting us from them. ;)

The fact remains, you can't always tell a person is disabled just by looking at them. The law does not require them to wear signs. Like I said don't be so quick to judge. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter