What next?

I agree the cost of DME was part of the resort cost as was the"free parking". Problem is that when these things went away, cost not only didn't go down, it continued to rise.
Prices rarely ever come down, once a company knows a customer is willing to pay for something they typically don't back down from there. The only exceptions in my mind would be for commodities. There's a reason that manufacturing costs less year after year, and yet prices continually go up

Just curious, are you of the belief that things started to drop off in service prior to the pandemic? I just can't remember anyone speaking to poor service prior to it. A lot of the problems seem to have stemmed from the pandemic. I am holding out hope that it is just taking a long time to reinstall a culture on so many new faces. The foundation that Disney had with its cast members went out the window for a myriad of reasons. I think you have already seen some improvements, but it will probably take them years to recover
Back in 2018 or 2019 CM training for Traditions was cut from days to hours. Hard to say what affect it had or what the intention was.

Back in 2018 or 2019 CM training for Traditions was cut from days to hours. Hard to say what affect it had or what the intention was.
That is a very interesting data point and anecdotally lines up with some of my experiences of less than stellar CS.

@Genie+ knows all 😁

not doubting you on this, just curious if you have anything concrete stating this, i'd love to read any article, watch any videos, ect.

Pete mentioned it on a few shows here on the DIS. Traditions training went from 2 days to a half day. iirc it was mentioned in the famous GF hotel review video back in ‘18/‘19.

Right. Nothing was free. Personally I would prefer if they were to keep the amenities and just raise the total prices a bit as opposed to nickel & diming us.
I see the point on all the nickle and diming and like others, would have been fine with a ticket increase rather than a separate charge for the new FP+.

You know, as their pricing forces a move to up-market customers, don't those customers expect great customer service and not be nickeled and dimed? Did Disney think this all the way thru?

I think about our experiences with Toyota service dept. vs the Lexus service dept. Down the street from each other but it is night and day how we are treated. If Disney is looking to be the luxary car of vacations, they need to up their CS game from where it is today, that is for sure.

I see the point on all the nickle and diming and like others, would have been fine with a ticket increase rather than a separate charge for the new FP+.

You know, as their pricing forces a move to up-market customers, don't those customers expect great customer service and not be nickeled and dimed? Did Disney think this all the way thru?

I think about our experiences with Toyota service dept. vs the Lexus. Night and day how we are treated. If Disney is looking to be the luxary car of vacations, they need to up their CS game from where it is today, that is for sure.

i still don't understand the logic on this. So you would rather Disney charge you an additional $15 a day rather then giving you the option of spending it or not. The Optics of the situation has never reigned truer haha

i still don't understand the logic on this. So you would rather Disney charge you an additional $15 a day rather then giving you the option of spending it or not. The Optics of the situation has never reigned truer haha
Exactly! 😁

I think if (free) G+ was introduced around the same time as the annual Disney ticket price increase, the optics would have been much better for the company. And then when it worked like crap (no offense @Genie+ 🙄), everyone would think - at least I didn't pay extra for this.

Last edited:
not doubting you on this, just curious if you have anything concrete stating this, i'd love to read any article, watch any videos, ect.
I know a PP talked about Pete but there were CMs who posted on here back in the day that echoed the same thing. "Traditions" was multiple days of training that they cut down.....kinda goes to that whole culture thing that was being discussed. I wish I could find the thread but it was years ago.

Exactly! 😁

I think if (free) G+ was introduced around the same time as the annual Disney ticket price increase, the optics would have been much better for the company. And then when it worked like crap (no offense @Genie+ 🙄), everyone would think - at least I didn't pay extra for this.
Ignorance is bliss 😂

Exactly! 😁

I think if G+ was introduced around the same time as the annual Disney ticket price increase, the optics would have been much better for the company. And then when it worked like crap (no offense @Genie+ 🙄), everyone would think - at least I didn't pay extra for this.
Yes. It’s much harder to swallow disappointment when purchased separately. People may have griped about FP+ but nobody outright loathed it. I was excited and optimistic thinking WDW was capable of making a system overhaul that improved guest experience. Part of what made WDW special as a theme park was knowing we could skip at least a few lines.

Just curious, are you of the belief that things started to drop off in service prior to the pandemic? I just can't remember anyone speaking to poor service prior to it. A lot of the problems seem to have stemmed from the pandemic. I am holding out hope that it is just taking a long time to reinstall a culture on so many new faces. The foundation that Disney had with its cast members went out the window for a myriad of reasons. I think you have already seen some improvements, but it will probably take them years to recover
We were at WDW right before everything closed down. We had wonderful service both at the parks and at the resort and I didn't notice a decrease from our previous trips.

I have seen a pretty major decrease in service at local attractions/restaurants and I live in CO, I think the decrease in service, and increasing prices, is everywhere right now due to lack of staff, not just Disney.

We were at WDW right before everything closed down. We had wonderful service both at the parks and at the resort and I didn't notice a decrease from our previous trips.

I have seen a pretty major decrease in service at local attractions/restaurants and I live in CO, I think the decrease in service, and increasing prices, is everywhere right now due to lack of staff, not just Disney.
Disney is meant to be exempt from inflation and staff shortages, it's part of the "Magic"

except for the secondary ride which in both cases would chew up more of the people who do not want to wait. they did it with the enchanted forest to, by adding VOTLM
SR is a solid D ticket, and really could be classified as an E ticket at this point. There is no true secondary ride in Galaxy's Edge. Further, you need far more than one secondary attraction to adequately distribute Crowds.

Yes, they added one of these in New Fantasyland. Still nowhere near enough. However, the MK already has many of these secondary attractions, so throwing an E ticket into the mix is not as big of an issue as it is at the other three parks. Fantasyland alone already had IASW, Philharmagic, the Carousel, Pooh, the Barnstormer, Dumbo and the Tea Party. (Based on demand, we'll call Pan at least a D ticket). Plus they doubled Dumbo's capacity. So while they didn't really do enough to adequately disperse the crowds drawn by Mine Train, they did more than in other parks and they are dealing with a park that was designed with these concepts in mind. So the impact is tangible, but not overwhelming, again, unlike at the other parks. Now Tron is coming with no additional supplemental attraction, so the situation will further deteriorate.

YES! I still feel like Galaxy's Edge should be called "Star Wars Land" and it should have an Astro-Oribter type spinner right in the middle with X-Wings and TIE fighters on it! You can plus 'em up a little bit, but basic fun stuff is sorely needed.
Wellllll.... I'm not sure I agree with the specifics, but absolutely yes, there needs to be some ABC attractions. Ideally some thing or things which are outdoors and provide some kinetic energy to the area.

Wellllll.... I'm not sure I agree with the specifics, but absolutely yes, there needs to be some ABC attractions. Ideally some thing or things which are outdoors and provide some kinetic energy to the area.

That energy is something Galaxy's Edge kind of lacks. I know it would break immersion, but immersion isn't the only consideration to me. And, I do like GE and all, but I just think I'd have preferred it to not take itself quite so seriously.

That energy is something Galaxy's Edge kind of lacks. I know it would break immersion, but immersion isn't the only consideration to me. And, I do like GE and all, but I just think I'd have preferred it to not take itself quite so seriously.
Or they could go back to the original vision with live action stuff going on constantly.

I agree though, they are really missing on adding those A B C rides to the newer areas. You never know what one might become a classic like CoP or People mover.

Or they could go back to the original vision with live action stuff going on constantly.

I agree though, they are really missing on adding those A B C rides to the newer areas. You never know what one might become a classic like CoP or People mover.

Actually, thinking about it, SWGE could have had a nice show that sucks a chunk of folks into a nice theater. I imagine that would have been well liked, plus it fits well with Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!