What major goal do you want to achive from your dietary change....

glo

Has a heart bigger then all of
besides loosing weight?

I will go first....

I would love to feel healthy, and not tired all the time. I want to do things with my kids and not poop out. I want to see them all get married and give me grandchildren.

I do think that I would like to have a nice body next. One that maybe someone would look at, and enjoy, not look at in disgust. I want to feel sexy and comfortable in a pair of shorts, a skirt and God forbid even wear a bathing suit without a t-shirt over it. I want to feel attractive and not embarrassed of how I look.

who's next?

glo, you've mentioned all of the same reasons why I want to lost weight!

Here they are, not necessarily in order of importance:

FEEL better, more energy
LOOK better
BE healthier
MAINTAIN my health the best I can

I am not terribly self conscious about my weight because I try to wear clothes that are flattering to my shape, but I don't like the way I look right now, AT ALL. I do wear dresses and shorts (in warm weather of course) now, and I don't wear a shirt over my bathing suit. But I'd like to be able to choose slightly different styles of clothing. Nothing too "showy" but I have short legs and can't stand the LONG shorts that are popular for women my size. LOL They make my legs look even shorter!! I haven't always been overweight and I REALLY miss my waist!!!! :p It'll be nice to have a waist again :teeth:

I want to be in good health and have energy.

I want my husband and son to be proud of how I look and not embarrassed (neither would confess to being embarrassed but I know they are).

I want to be able to have fun with any grandchildren I may have someday ( I hope, I hope, I hope).

I want to be able to wear cute clothes and not the things they make for women my size.

Right now I just have a short term goal. I REALLY am excited for the day that I can wear my wedding rings again. They were resized many years ago as I was putting on weight but I've gained so much more since then --- and yearn for the day that I can proudly wear them again!

Katholyn --- I ALSO want to be healthy for grandchildren (someday). HEY -- my daughter, Shelby will be 20 in June - but is VERY MATURE for her age! (and she's SINGLE too --- Loves DISNEY --- Hee, Hee -- do you see where I'm going with this!):teeth:

You must be a mind-reader, Glo! I was wondering something along this line earlier in the week.

My major goal is to feel better about myself. When I eat junk, I feel cruddy. I don't sleep well, I don't have energy and I don't like how my body looks.

When I eat right and exercise, I sleep through the night, I have tons more energy, I feel "lighter", my body is able to digest food better, I feel tone and attractive, and I don't berate myself for not looking good in clothes.

I want to live a really long time and I want to be as healthy as possible up until the end. We are childless by choice, and I want to make sure I am healthy enough to take care of my DH (if he needs it) when we are old. He works out and eats right too, so we are both trying to take care of ourselves now so life will be fun when we hit 70, 80, 90... :)

Both my grandfathers died from a heart attack. DH's father had triple bypass surgery about 7 or 8 years ago. My grandmother died from kidney failure. There is no good reason to NOT exercise and eat right, and I owe it to myself to do the best I can.

Plus I just really want to wear some low rise jeans so I can show off my belly button ring and my Tigger tattoo. ;)

I too would like to feel better about myself. Most times I do, but there are those days when someone will ask me when I am "due" and I say, no I'm just fat, that just BUMS me out, and I am sure embarrasses them. All of my weight is in my mid-section (I can thank my kids for that, LOL). I have been eating healthy and excercising everyday and I really do feel better. So soon, I will feel great and clothes will fit a lot better. :)

My reasons for losing weight are two fold:

1 - I just wanted to be able to shop at Old Navy and pay $20 for a pair of jeans instead of $50 at Casual Male! But now the problem becomes that I can shop at Old Navy, but NOW I want to pay $50 for jeans again, but this time at Structure! hahaha

2 - I want to be able to feel comfortable enough not to wear a T-Shirt with swim wear.

Those are the true reasons. Anything else would be me trying to deny those two thing! :p

1) I really, really want to be thin on my wedding day so I don't have to feel self conscious about how I look

2) I want to be able to wear smaller clothes and save some money while I'm at it (when I'm smaller the clothes are closer to my proportions and don't have to be altered as much)

3) I want to have more self confidence and not have to try to hide my tummy all the time

4) I want to be able to not think about being overweight nearly all the time

5) I want to have more energy and be less tired

All good reasons for me to stick with it! :)

Ladies! (well, mostly ladies)

I don't know how to say this, so I just will. You're reasons, though honest, are breaking my heart.:(

I want to have more self confidence and not have to try to hide my tummy all the time

I too would like to feel better about myself.

I want my husband and son to be proud of how I look and not embarrassed (neither would confess to being embarrassed but I know they are).

One that maybe someone would look at, and enjoy, not look at in disgust.
I am practically in tears! It is hard to find anybody these days who has what they would consider to be a body worthy of praise. Being married to an incredibly wonderful, super sized guy, I have to say, anyone who loves you is not embarrassed by your appearance. They may feel your pain, but embarrassed, never! I do understand the part about feeling good about ourselves, but why? I, for instance hate rolling over onto what I think is a bunch of blanket, only to realise it's my own body folded over on itself. (EEEW!) BUT, it's ok, because I have so much to give, so much to live for, and I know I will, if I re-train my mind to think healthy, be here for as long as is my destiny, to live and give.

That is why we visit here. We all understand what it feels like to be seen as somehow less worthy, based on our physical appearance, but we all know we have at least as much love and compassion in our hearts as those by whom we feel judged. We have so many reasons to feel good about ourselves. We really need to support each other so we don't ever feel less because we don't live up to an arbitrary standard, set by an industry that has NO IDEA what health is.

I think we all just want to be accepted for who we are, and given a chance to shine our brilliance for the rest of the world to see. Ask yourselves, when you see a fat person, are you disgusted, or do you feel their pain? Anyone who is disgusted, has never looked into the heart of another human being, and has no clue about true love and beauty.

I know how you feel, but at least let me assure you, you are harder on yourselves than you should be. We don't need to carry around the equivalent of another human being, and wear a hair suit, as well. We are in this together and as long as I'm on this board, I will do all I can to promote a feeling of compassion and respect for everyone who nedds a little boost over their demon. :) Promise!

BTW, I want to change my eating habits to (Other than lose weight) be an inspiration to my children. I don't want them to develope bad habits and feel bad about themselves through no fault of their own. I want them to also see that one can overcome difficulty, with the right mental attitude and support.

I also want to fit back into this dress that, when I wear it, DH can't keep his hands off me!:Pinkbounc :bounce: (truthfully, it would be the same if I wore it today, and since it is spandex, technically, I could wear it. He'd still be groping, but I want to look like a disco queen in it, not the Michelin Man from MARS! Now that's a vision! LOL!)

Let's enjoy our journey together! Keep smiling.

Hey Snacky Stacky,
Are you sure you're not my DH in cognito? When he lost his first 50 lbs., the first piece of clothing he got was an Old Navy shirt for $9.99! You guys are so funny!:p

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

<font color=navy>My main goal is to be healthy.

As a secondary goal, I want to be a mom that my kids will be proud to have around, and not worry that their friends will point and say, "that's your mom?"

Finding someone doesn't enter into it - I think that keeping them away does -- and I don't want to do that anymore (other issue :) )

I used to be in shape, and I want to get back that way, where I can walk up hills without having to stop to breathe, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter