What laundry detergent do you use for HE washer?

My son has eczema, so I can only use All Free and Clear HE, and unscented dryer sheets. :sad1:

No nicely scented laundry for us.

We bought a new HE washer and wondering what brand and type of detergent do you use? We have always used the Cheer powder from Costco. I went to 3 different stores and none of them sell cheer powder or Liquid it seems that Tide is only being sold in the liquid form? So my question is what do you use in your HE washer for detergent?

Thanks!

I use whatever is cheapest. I am not loyal to any one brand. I have used the Walmart and Target brand and have been quite happy with them!!

We use Sears Ultra Plus Powder..its 26 pound box is on sale a few times a year for around 13.00. And that box is rated for 275 loads. so that comes out to almost 5 cents per load.. by FAR the best budget deal out there. I can't use Tide, and I don't have a reaction to the Sears. I have also used the liquid HE from Aldi, but they don't have it all the time. We also use powder Gain when its on sale. :hippie:

Do you use the Kirkland liquid, or powder? I bought the powder and have been very disappointed with it as it doesn't disolve well in cold water. When I take the clothes out to put them in the dryer, some of them are pasty-looking and I need to rinse them again. So much for saving water with a front-loader. :headache:

Liquid, free and clear. Is the powder even HE?

Thanks!
I've always used Cheer and to not see it in the stores I'm lost! They must of went out of busines? I'll buy small containers of diferent brands and see what works the best for us.

I've always used Cheer too. Costco around here stopped carrying it a couple of years ago. I now buy it at Sams Club. They only had the non-HE but started carrying the HE about a month ago.

The salesman that sold me my front loader said you should always use powder detergent. He said the liquid has too many animal fats in it that will gum up your machine and contribute to a stinky smell front loaders can get because it's harder to rinse away. Now I don't know if that's correct...but that's what he said. He also said to use Downy sparingly for the same reason. :confused3

In use Nellies Laundry soda http://www.nelliesallnatural.com
1 can lasts 100 loads and it works. I have serious allergies and love this stuff because it doesn't bother my skin and it leaves my clothes clean and soft. I can't say enough about it honestly I've been using it for the last 4 years and wouldn't consider going back to regular detergent. I don't use nellies fabric softener because it contains soy and I have a soy allergy but I use method dryer sheets. I do wish they would carry the fabric softener locally but they don't so I use what I can get my hands on.

Another Tide girl here. I used to love their Lavender and Vanilla scent. But sadly, they don't sell that one anymore, at least not around here.

We use Sears Ultra Plus Powder..its 26 pound box is on sale a few times a year for around 13.00. And that box is rated for 275 loads. so that comes out to almost 5 cents per load.. by FAR the best budget deal out there. I can't use Tide, and I don't have a reaction to the Sears. I have also used the liquid HE from Aldi, but they don't have it all the time. We also use powder Gain when its on sale. :hippie:

Ditto on the Sears Ultra. Have used it for several years.

Tide HE powder. When we had to have service the service guy commented that powder is better to avoid the buildup in the machine.

Denise in MI

I'm using the Kirkland brand right now but I don't like how most of it sticks in the bottom of the cup when I pour it in.

My son has eczema, so I can only use All Free and Clear HE, and unscented dryer sheets. :sad1:

No nicely scented laundry for us.

Same here. DD and DS have eczema and even Tide Free is rough on them. All Free and Clear seems to be the only thing we can use. No fabric softener or dryer sheets for us either - they aggravate DS's skin.

We buy the Kirkland 180 loads powder. I've never had any problems. It's super cheap (about 9 cents a load) and seems to do just as well as any liquid I've used.

We use Charlie's Liquid.

Have thought about trying to make my own but haven't gotten that smart yet:).

I have used Tide Free HE liquid, since I got my front loader seven years ago. I've never had a single problem with the machine, and with a family of 7, it gets a workout. I've never had a stink problem, but I leave the door ajar (it's in the basement, inaccessable to small kids and pets. I would not do this if it was in the living area).

I was at Sams Club yesterday and they FINALLY have it there-they only had the scented Tides up till now, and I don't like any scents in my laundry.

I used to be a Tide girl but after using Norwex and Shaklee there is no going back for me. I have used almost every brand available at Wal-Mart and have never been as happy as I am with Norwex and Shaklee products.

We have a septic system so after doing my own little "personal" tests on several detergents and seeing them simply placed in water to see how they dissolve etc I couldn't ignore the results of Norwex and Shaklee products.

I don't wash ANY of my clothes in cold water anymore. I used to, to save money, but after actually READING the back of the boxes where it states water temps should be between X and Z for the product to dissolve/activate I realized that the water temp on a cold wash wasn't coming anywhere near that temp. No wonder the grease spots and flaky detergent remnants were left on our clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter