What kind of room would I get...

melk

DIS Veteran
Thinking very seriously of buying into DVC. Just wondering though, if I wanted to use some of my points to stay at say, the Polynesian for a night or two, what kind of room would I get. Are you able to get a lagoon view or do they just give you a standard? Could you request a room that gives a view of the castle? Would you have a better chance if you reserve way in advance? Thanks in advance!

The structure now for using points at a non-DVC WDW resort is that you can choose between the various different classes of rooms but points needed also vary--lower points for standard and then rising from there. View requests are made at time of reserving. How far out you reserve may effect the view you get simply because you are treated the same as any other quests and those who have reserved longer out may be first to get their requests. With points, you can reserve up to 11 months out.

the hotels are very expensive point wise

the Polyn in value season (11/3 to 12/19, also 1-1 to 2/13 and 7/4 to 10/2)
sun-thur
garden view 31
lagoon view 40
Concierge 48
Beach club villas Adventure Season (1/1 to 1/31, 9/1 to 9/30, 12/1 to 12/14)

studio 12
1-bedroom 22
2-bedroom 30
it is much cheaper to go with a 2-bedroom than the Polyn - but for a occasionally visit it could be fun!!! (OKW and BWV standard view is much cheaper, too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter