What is your top reason for going solo?

I go solo because sometimes I can't find anyone else to travel with. I'm fortunate to have discretionary income and a lot of vacation time that friends don't have. I will often offer to pickup up hotel costs when friends come with me, but it's still expensive for a lot of people.

My husband is really not a Disney fan, and I have a better time when he doesn't come, LOL!

I have done one completely solo trip, and three partial solo trips, and I really do enjoy going solo. I love doing what I want, when I want to. I do occasionally miss being with people, but for the most part I'm quite happy on my own at Disney!

Usually when I'm going solo, I'm going at an odd time, for a longer trip, or somewhere that most people aren't interested in. I'm single, and my older family members work full time and have kids. I also don't have many friends willing to spend a lot of money on a Disney trip, since most of them are used to doing cheaper camping trips to state and national parks, or they just don't have interest in Disney. So I'm at the point where I usually plan trips when and where I want to go, then open it up to everyone else.

When I walk around disney on a solo trip I observe all the parents who look downright miserable dealing with kids screaming. I look at the couples that feel basically obligated to walk around together who maybe dont like spending all their time with their companion but do it because it is the social norm(an example being a wife dragging along a husband who hates cartoons/disney/music and would rather be golfing with 'the boys')

The list is to long of people I can just tell either don't want to be there or are being dragged along and not having a great time. Even teenagers in that age where they are too old and too cool but its the family vacation.

I sit back and smile as I slide through the crowds and grab a snack whenever I want, sometimes twice in a row, sometimes I go back to my room if its to hot and relax. I am burdened by nothing and noone.

Most people will never know what that feels like. and it is a heck of a lot cheaper paying 1 ticket, 1 plane ride, and 1 dining bill compared to two. I can go twice as much.

I go solo because I hate people...... but I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?

(+2 cool points for the first person who gets the reference :teeth: )

Because my travel partner refused to go in June even though the high temps at home are gonna be the same as Orlando next week and they don't have AC.

Haha. I win

I've wanted to go to Disney for years, and now I have money to go and no one to go with. So I'm going. The food in Disney seems so lackluster that if fireworks aren't back by September, I can see myself leaving the parks in the late afternoon and grabbing Dinner in Orlando every night.

lackluster because you are vegan?

No, it's lackluster because the food is lackluster, it has nothing to do with me. if it was somehow my fault the offerings were bad, then I wouldn't be able to get better elsewhere.

There are plenty of great dining options. they have way more than just pretzel carrts.

I am a the type of person who will plan everything I do. People usually get tired or want to do other things that they didn't know they could do. I just want to stick to my to-do list. If they can stick with my schedule/to-do list they are invited otherwise I just rather do me alone

I am a the type of person who will plan everything I do. People usually get tired or want to do other things that they didn't know they could do. I just want to stick to my to-do list. If they can stick with my schedule/to-do list they are invited otherwise I just rather do me alone

Let me know what your schedule/to-do list is, and maybe I’ll go with you. I need a freaking vacation.

Everyone else has to work those days

This is pretty much it. I retired but the rest of my world is either working or going to school.

I may be solo arriving, but occasionally meet up with close family who own a rental property there.

I've had partially solo trips as well, where some family or friend drives down and then flies home after a weekend.

Not socially inhibited - I will make temporary friends at times at my vacation destination and often they become permanent friends. But, everyone has their other life.

Have no problem eating out by myself or having a drink while I walk through Epcot in the evening. Always have a car so the parks are not always my only destination. I may book 1-2 weeks and in the middle hop off to the beach, leaving my room still occupied by my things. I'll also stay in my room until noon and watch TV, then eat snacks for dinner instead of dining out. This doesn't fit well with people who want to get the most bang for their park bucks. I almost always have an annual pass so don't worry if I do 1 hour or a whole day. Plus I ride the smaller rides and do shows. I'm not into roller coasters or anything that spins me where my sinus makes sure I'll be dizzy and sick for hours.

Getting older now so not sure how long I'll drive myself. I can always take the Auto train, I guess, but I will want a bedroom with my own teeny bath. Not opposed to others on the train - just want to 'close the door' when I fall asleep.

And, although I've done plenty of warm weather trips in earlier days with kids, I am now a winter traveler trying to find some sun when it's cool up north.

I never even considered doing a solo trip but then a couple weeks ago my DH told me he has a work convention in Orlando and suggested that I come along and go to the parks while he is in meetings all day (and night). I'll have three park days on my own and we'll have time in the parks together a few days prior and a few days after his meetings. I'm actually very excited about being able to do the things that only I have interest in (like eating in both castles and seeing some of the shows) and I'm also looking forward to our "couple days". It will also take some pressure off our family trip in May since then we can focus on just doing what our sons want to do.

Way back in '04, after a divorce, I heard myself saying, "When I have another relationship I want to take a romantic trip back to Disney World." I knew then that I wouldn't wait "UNTIL" so I booked a solo week at WDW in January '05 with my first Disney Hotel stay. I had a wonderful time enjoying the parks and Pop Century ... my own schedule ... my own priorities ... it was so much fun that once I got home I called my agent and booked a solo 4 night Bahamas cruise in Oct '05. Had a wonderful time then too. Now, 16 years later, after another marriage has ended (yeah, I know) I have another solo trip planned -- this time for 2 weeks. I'm hoping the trip will hold.

I have not been to Disney World solo yet, but my reasons for going solo are my children are grown, I'm divorced and dating but there's no one steady, and my friends aren't Disney fans. I think it might be nice to go alone for a change anyway!

I initially made plans with someone we were mutually interested. Last minute, he bailed out on the trip. Since Disney world tickets are non refundable or non transferable, I’m going to make the best out of it!

I call them Mom's Mental Health trips. It's so nice to travel without having to deal with other people. And being able to do what I actually want is wonderful. I've done alot of the tours solo. I can't wait for them to come back. There are a couple I haven't done yet and want to do.

My husband has started joining me on weekends now that the kids are adults (1 is totally out of the house and the other is in college) and I miss going 100% by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter