What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

It's been fascinating to read how these packing lists have changed over the years.
I started reading this thread on page 1 before I realized it was from over a decade ago - tips on bringing DVDs and people sending postcards! Amazing how much has changed in just a decade (although of course I still have/watch some of my Disney classics on DVD, and there are still a few die-hards who send postcards...).

I started reading this thread on page 1 before I realized it was from over a decade ago - tips on bringing DVDs and people sending postcards! Amazing how much has changed in just a decade (although of course I still have/watch some of my Disney classics on DVD, and there are still a few die-hards who send postcards...).
My favorites are the wireless routers and disposable cameras. 🤣

I’m gonna do a search on this thread to see what peeps are using those mini M&M tubes for! Anyone know? 🤷‍♀️

Outside of Disney, I use them to store quarters for parking and showers (at campgrounds). I think people used them for the pressed penny machines? But now there are other ways to pay for them.

What foot spray?

Spray deodorant. Just general, not specific to feet, although the recommendation is to use it on feet:

I saw someone mentioned moleskin for blisters. Just a bit of info to provide to prevent those blisters. Each morning, after the shower and before dressing, spray your feet with antiperspirant/deodorant. Any kind will do---a cheap $1 can of Suave works fine. Spray in between toes, soles, sides, etc. This will prevent your feet from sweating which results in friction and blisters. If you rest in the afternoon, reapply the deo before going back out. We could have potentially not needed to reapply, but why take chances?

My spouse and I ended up with over a dozen blisters on our first trip. WDW does not have any real relief aids for feet. After this tip, not one blister have we had since. Hope it works well for everyone.

If you spray the bottom of your feet with spray deodorant you wont get blisters ,keeps feet dry so they don't smell either!

Hey @jbrinkm , I know this question might seem off topic but I really wanted to get in contact with you about your stay at Disneyworld's Yacht Club in room number 4163. I've tried everywhere to get help but no one seems to have an updated view. When you stayed at that room, did you happen to recall if the tree was blocking the lighthouse from the balcony view? I wanted to plan a proposal to my lady with fireworks going off at epcot with the view of the lake and lighthouse being lit up at night. I figure if front desk at disney couldn't help me, I might as well ask someone who's stayed in that room. Thank you very much for your time.

I will start a list of not so normal items to pack for use at WDW.

We bring a McDonalds takeout cardboard 4 cup holder. We bring plastic Disney cups in 4 different patterns, whcih fit into the McDonalds 4 cup holder. What we use it for is a tooth brush holder. Everyone gets a cup assigned to them, to place their toothbrush in. The toothbrushes are organized and do not touch the counter. :goodvibes

We also bring a power bar with at least 8 outlets in it. We use the power bar to plug in our 4 cell phones, camera batteries, ipods, and anything else which needs charging. It helps when there are only 2 or 3 plus available to charge things at night. :goodvibes

We bring ziplock bags in quart and gallon sizes. We use them to store any food we bring back to the room (no bugs please) and our cell phones & camera's when it rains. :goodvibes

What do you bring and use at WDW which are not normal items like a brush, clothes, extra sneakers ?
Genius!

I will bring the freezer heavy duty ziploc bags (gallon size to fill with ice from machine and then double bag to prevent leaking and then place in the mini refrigerator to keep it a little colder. Sometimes would put bags under&above a food item that I do not want to spoil .
I really want my half n half cold.

Last edited:
When my daughter was little, we always printed a little photo book at Walgreens or Shutterfly of her from prior Disney trips and took a sharpie. She could then get character autographs on those pages with the same character. It was really cute, and it was special for both of us. I loved seeing her old pictures. We did put some pictures of just her from those trips at the end of the book in case she met characters that were not already included in the book. Those came in handy!

Another thing we take along on every vacation is the collapsible storage cubes with small comparents available at the Dollar Tree. If you can’t find those, just get a collapsible storage cube. These are great for holding small items on the dresser. When we enter the room, we put jewelry, key cards or magic bands, and a plethora of other small items. Then they are easy to find the next morning. I usually bring another for storing snacks. Got this idea on this board years ago and still love taking them. I just store them in my suitcase at home. Here is an example, but you can buy different sizes. Don’t mind the price. This is for bulk ordering. They are 1.25 at Dollar Tree, but you can buy something like this at big box stores for a little more.

https://www.dollartree.com/essentials-gray-collapsible-storage-containers-115x85x475-in/219597

When my daughter was little, we always printed a little photo book at Walgreens or Shutterfly of her from prior Disney trips and took a sharpie. She could then get character autographs on those pages with the same character. It was really cute, and it was special for both of us. I loved seeing her old pictures. We did put some pictures of just her from those trips at the end of the book in case she met characters that were not already included in the book. Those came in handy!
I once created a colouring book for my DD that she coloured for months before our trip. It was a great way to fill in time as she waited and the characters made such a fuss when they saw her drawings of them!

I always travel with glow sticks, Disney and everywhere else. I use them in the bathroom as night lights. Just make a glow bracelet and hook it on the doorknob. It gives enough light for taking care of business without searing your retinas (and when the kids were little, they thought it was magical to have pink or blue light in the bathroom)!

Purex makes laundry sheets with soap and softener built in. Throw one in the wash, transfer it with the wet laundry to the dryer. We don't always go to Disney long enough to need to do laundry (usually only 2 or 3 of us traveling) but when we do, I take along one or two of these. A full box has lasted years!

Ziplocks... enough said.

Now that DD is almost 29 I've cut back on a lot of the stuff we used to schlepp with us, but I always have a small emergency kit with pre-cut moleskin of varying lengths and shapes (after 30+ trips, I pretty much know where our blister spots are, hahaha) so I can slap one on as soon as I get a hot-spot on my feet. It never hurts to spray your feet with antiperspirant in the morning, too- just let it dry before you walk around. I am also a fan- well, not really, but YES in Disney- of wearing socks under my sneaks or Crocs. Sorry, not a fashion plate, just an old mom with tired tootsies. Gotta say, keeping the dogs in shape is the key to a successful Disney trip, IME!

I really want my half n half cold.
But where do you get it? Is there anyplace onsite or do you have to go to the grocery store? I'm thinking of freezing some in 50mL screw top tubes and bringing it in my luggage... although I guess if it's 50mL, it could go in my carry-on too.

But where do you get it? Is there anyplace onsite or do you have to go to the grocery store? I'm thinking of freezing some in 50mL screw top tubes and bringing it in my luggage... although I guess if it's 50mL, it could go in my carry-on too.

Land o Lakes has a product called mini moos that you could buy and then take some with you so you don't have to use your own containers & do the freezing process. I'd put them in another plastic baggie just in case the airplane (if you're flying) pressure unseals any of the little pods.

Hey @jbrinkm , I know this question might seem off topic but I really wanted to get in contact with you about your stay at Disneyworld's Yacht Club in room number 4163. I've tried everywhere to get help but no one seems to have an updated view. When you stayed at that room, did you happen to recall if the tree was blocking the lighthouse from the balcony view? I wanted to plan a proposal to my lady with fireworks going off at epcot with the view of the lake and lighthouse being lit up at night. I figure if front desk at disney couldn't help me, I might as well ask someone who's stayed in that room. Thank you very much for your time.

Hey @Noe - I'm so sorry for my delayed response! We don't have another trip planned right now so I'm not on here very often any more. Hopefully I'm not too late for your trip! What an exciting idea!!!

Here are a few pictures of the balcony, lake, lighthouse and fireworks (and tree):
0817211816b.jpg

0820210627_HDR.jpg

0820212202_HDR.jpg

0820212202b_HDR.jpg

0820212202d_HDR.jpg

0820212202g_HDR.jpg

P.S. It was a GREAT room.

Just wanted to put here that the best items I brought this last trip, A personal folding foot bath (used to do ice baths for my feet every night). Swapped out our 2 water bottles for 1 52oz camel-back backpack. It was so easy to fill and it kept cold till it was empty with filling it with ice from resorts in the area and in the morning.

It took me a minute to realize the date when I started reading this but what’s funny is it’s been that long since I’ve been to WDW!

With the tech changes and products invented since 2010, I’d have to recommend laundry strips Tru Earth Eco-friendly, Biodegradable, Zero Waste, Cruelty-Free Laundry Detergent Sheets/Eco-Strips for Sensitive Skin, 32 Count (Up to 64 Loads), Fresh Linen Scent https://a.co/d/1diTlba

Liquid IV packets. They have mixed packs for hydration, energy, immunity which are awesome and they taste good unlike emergen-c

mission cooling hat. You can wet it down, ring it out, and keep cool while being shaded. MISSION Cooling Bucket Hat- UPF 50, 3” Wide Brim, Cools When Wet https://a.co/d/2odR0WA

butt wipes. And I also bring a handheld travel bidet but keep it in the room. I’m spoiled with my bidet seat at home and I just need to feel clean when I’m sweating. If you catch my drift.
DUDE Wipes On-The-Go Flushable Wet Wipes - 1 Pack, 30 Wipes - Mint Chill Extra-Large Individually Wrapped Wipes with Eucalyptus & Tea Tree Oil - Septic and Sewer Safe https://a.co/d/1RW4tFK

I’m going to comb this thread for more ideas to make sure I’ve thought of everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!