What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I am a bit germaphobic so in addition to some things already mentioned I bring...

A small can of lysol, great to germ killing on room surfaces, public tables, or public bathrooms.

Lysol wipes, I know they are horrible for the environment but I have to clean the TV remote, phone, etc in the room. Not to mention the pack n play we got on our last trip was covered with dried peanut butter left over from its last user! :scared: I cleaned that thing from top to bottom before putting DS in it!

taking my noodle in my checked bag! Last year at the Pop pool, there were noodles there that didn't seem to belong to 'anyone', just there for whoever wanted to use them. Maybe they got left:confused3 I would probalby leave mine for the general use!

I thought I'd have some fun this year and mail all my Christmas cards from Disney...

LOVE the idea of mailing all the x-mas cards from Disney! And we are traveling there end of November begining of December! Thanks! :thumbsup2

taking my noodle in my checked bag! Last year at the Pop pool, there were noodles there that didn't seem to belong to 'anyone', just there for whoever wanted to use them. Maybe they got left:confused3 I would probalby leave mine for the general use!
This makes me smile :) At BWV, they actually seemed to have a noodle graveyard for those of us who choose to leave our beloved noodles behind. I thought it was a great idea! Grab and go noodles!!!

I bring a collapsible cooler which we take to the pool. In the cooler I fill from our in room cooler, soft drinks, water and adult beverages. I bought a plastic bottle with one of those freezer things to hold wine. Super money saver. NO glass at the pool please.
Gatoraid has the packet's that you pour into water, great on a hot day.
I bring my own pillows, must have!!!
Its a good thing that we drive.:rotfl:

this one would probably be for adults!

i bring those oil absorbing sheets that clean and clear or neutragena(sp?) put out. they have like 50 in a little box (so its really easy to just pop into a bag!) but they are great for just wiping off the oil from your face so you don't look all greasy and sweaty in your pics. they dont smudge makeup and from my experience they dont interfere with sunscreen. the sunscreen thing being mainly why i use them -- i hate having my face feel all greasy nasty after i apply faceblock!

I bring a collapsible cooler which we take to the pool. In the cooler I fill from our in room cooler, soft drinks, water and adult beverages. I bought a plastic bottle with one of those freezer things to hold wine. Super money saver. NO glass at the pool please.
Gatoraid has the packet's that you pour into water, great on a hot day.
I bring my own pillows, must have!!!
Its a good thing that we drive.:rotfl:

So they don't say anything if you bring your own drink to the pool as long as it's not glass? I had wondered about this.

I like to have the address labels pre-printed for the postcards. Use a sandwich baggie for the labels & postcard stamp and all in one place when ready to send postcards.:rotfl:

Extension cord along with the power strip. If I am decorationg the window for Halloween or Christmas, a timer so that we come back to the lights on!

Alcohol wipes for any sticky residue left when removing the light from the window

Here's my weirdest one: I cut off a piece of a flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth. It folds up very small, and packs into a ziploc bag. So nice to have when you want to sit on the ground (in case it's wet, dirty, sticky, etc.). Sit on it flannel-side-up! You can get those tablecloths at dollar stores - I keep one in the trunk of my car.

A swimmer's towel. They're also really small, but soak up so much liquid. If you're going on a ride after a rain shower, or on a water ride like Kali, you can wipe off the seat and wring out the towel.

Bandanas to keep cool. Soak in cold water, wring out, then wear around your neck.

We pack an empty canvas duffle bag in the suitcase for extra room on the way home. Its lighter than putting a suitcase in a suitcase. When we are vacationing without doing laundry, I will pack the dirty clothes, daily, into the empty duffle bag. At the end of the trip, we will have an empty suitcase for souvenirs and most of the packing is already done!

Some other items I don't think were mentioned yet:
pocket knife
tweezers for splinters
can/bottle coozie to keep drinks cold
toothbrush divider
extra trash bags (good for wet clothes going back into the suitcase)

Also, I reuse the souvenir popcorn containers to bring snacks into the park. We'll put ice in the bottom and then add ziploc bags of grapes or other fruit, also good for other snacks like a half bag of chips to be saved for later. The handle makes it easy to hang on the stroller.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lid idea for popsicles! Can't wait to use that one!! :thumbsup2

Thanks, everyone! These are great ideas! I've made many additions to my packing list from these!

In our case, the powerstrip is a must. There are never enough outlets. lol

I think the only thing we always bring that wasn't mentioned was a nightlight. I really don't like waking up in a strange place in total darkness especially when I always travel with at least one teenage girl so you never know where they've laid a bag of a pair of shoes. haha

We also always bring a tide 2 go pen.

Neither of us care for Crystal light (or any of the others that taste like apsartame) so we bring the koolaid packs. Same concept, less after taste. haha

We also bring two mini M&M tubes. One green and one red. They're the perfect size. Green holds quarters and pennies for pressing. Red holds the pressed pennies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter