What is your most favorite & least favorite MDR food item?

Least favorite - escargot.... many of you have said it's your favorite, so maybe mine was just bad. Tasted like dirt.
Favorite - butternut squash soup, fried brie, creme brulee

Most favorite - ahi tuna stack from enchanted garden, salmon tartare from AP.

Least - pirate night grouper - wow it looked good in pictures but was overcooked, bland, and just bad. ( I was thinking I should have gone with the falafel, but apparently that's way too dry) Also the wild mushroom pasta had some kind of cheese that was way too pungent for me, I could only eat a couple of bites.

A lot of you have mentioned the Fried Brie. Can you describe what it tastes like? I like cheese but it’s not my favorite thing. I also haven’t had brie in a long time so I’m not sure if I like that cheese or not.

A lot of you have mentioned the Fried Brie. Can you describe what it tastes like? I like cheese but it’s not my favorite thing. I also haven’t had brie in a long time so I’m not sure if I like that cheese or not.

This is the Fried Brie:
uzOgTljGRjYTII2iQMrhN-GpQY-cAXXze7s0_QOGsmdlqTh1IUkCEZn0unGHPO-12dBDRuCJFuLqjWCEr4yQJr1mFz5bIIy7KzL0Mg34WagfWxcy1SNUcHBA097iMqgUuvZqcM1K9cM=w500

blurry pic of it cut open
DgYa2rHEcKhS46Bq4n9X5XziQkEYxhU4XEdLljkAI07B0OxmA5Pri3_sUzJBFEFenjv3PLzE4OIoD2AkuEQRH8qedFI7EePniCijrgqWjCI58PRFQf-W2lyQ8cHUucxVuI9xMbZfqRc=w500

I know that isn't a description of how it tastes, but brie is pretty soft/melted and mild especially when it's warm. It goes well with cranberry jam (or in this case chutney). When not melted I find brie has a bit of an ammonia smell/taste.

Favorite meals would be the Shanghai'd noodles, tofu or basically any of the soups - French Onion in particular.
Least favorite - only one we truly hated and that was the brie - but a lot of people seem to like that one, so go figure :)

Favorite meals would be the Shanghai'd noodles, tofu or basically any of the soups - French Onion in particular.
Least favorite - only one we truly hated and that was the brie - but a lot of people seem to like that one, so go figure :)

My guess is if this goes on long enough, pretty much every item will end up on both lists. Because food is subjective.

DD absolutely LOVES the Lobster Ravioli. My favorite is the Chocolate Mousse and Banana Bread. I used to really like the French Onion Soup, but it seems like they changed it....it seems really salty now - also it has been served WAY too hot the last couple times I ordered it...burnt my tongue.

Least favorite....I'm a little gun-shy about the Chicken Breast on the "lighter notes" menu, as it has been VERY dry the 2x I've tried it.

Most Favorite: Grand Marnier soufflé & Chocolate Lava Cake (forget which restaurant - I think it was Lumiere's).

Don't really have a least favorite - I only order what I like to eat.......

Most Favorite: Grand Marnier soufflé & Chocolate Lava Cake (forget which restaurant - I think it was Lumiere's).

Don't really have a least favorite - I only order what I like to eat.......

The only place I’ve heard of a lava cake on DCL is something they seem to be doing with Palo brunch.

I think the lava cake appears on the same night as lobster tail - captain's gala night, perhaps? I enjoyed mine.

Favorite: pasta pursettes, escargot, the (old cream-style) lobster ravioli from Palo
Least favorite: popcorn soup (thankfully no longer available), and, please don’t flame me, the chocolate soufflé at Palo. DH and I both thought it had no flavor.
I will say we’ve learned to listen to our servers. When we’ve ordered what they’ve recommended we’ve always been been pleased. When we’ve ordered what they have, in some cases very strongly, told us not to order, we have always regretted it!

Favorite: Escargot! I usually get two plates. :) Close runner up are the pasta pursettes at Animator's Palette.

I can't think of a least favorite. Probably most of the desserts. They've been the most disappointing thing for me.

I love lobster bisque... so I’ll make a point to find out this week whether it’s any good or not and report back!!

Also intrigued by the divide on the pursettes... will also have to investigate.

So back from the Fantasy - the Bisque was terrible. Even the staff warned against it, as I see others have mentioned.

Purseittes were tasty.

Favorite: pasta pursettes, escargot, the (old cream-style) lobster ravioli from Palo
Least favorite: popcorn soup (thankfully no longer available), and, please don’t flame me, the chocolate soufflé at Palo. DH and I both thought it had no flavor.
I will say we’ve learned to listen to our servers. When we’ve ordered what they’ve recommended we’ve always been been pleased. When we’ve ordered what they have, in some cases very strongly, told us not to order, we have always regretted it!
Popcorn soup? What is that? Sounds repulsive! 😬

It was repulsive. It was some weird creamy soup that literally came with popcorn to put in it. It was bad, but the macaroni and cheese soup they replaced it with was just as bad. :crazy2::crazy2:

It was repulsive. It was some weird creamy soup that literally came with popcorn to put in it. It was bad, but the macaroni and cheese soup they replaced it with was just as bad. :crazy2::crazy2:

Oh, it gets worse. Both of the above items were from the late and unlamented decision to serve a "single appetizer and soup" course for the 'Art of Animation' show at Animator's Palette. As the show is typically on one of the last nights of the cruise, when the food is composed of stuff that will 'keep' for 5-7 days, what this basically meant is that they would slop anything that was technically still edible on plates and serve it to everyone. The only (better) choice was not to eat at all. Absolute rubbish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter