• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your most favorite & least favorite MDR food item?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
It can be an appetizer, entree, dessert, whatever, but it has to be from one of the main dining rooms.

Favorite: Beignets and Shrimp & Grits from Tiana's. I have been to New Orleans many, many times and I was afraid those beignets were not going to be anywhere near as amazing as Cafe Du Monde, but wow, those things were ridiculously amazing. I ordered 2 servings last time.

Least: Pirate Night Falafel (it was very dry and flavorless) & Captain's Gala Fettuccine with Parmesan Chicken (it was weird, I was expecting cut up chicken but I got a whole chicken patty and the pasta was gross too, there was a weird mushroom sauce)

The pirate night samosas were out of this world (but I love indian food). I also thought the jerk chicken from that menu was delicious. I know this menu is not really liked much but I loved both of those items.

I also loved the tenderloin from AP and the grand marnier souffle from Royal Court.

I don't remember disliking anything but I found the soups to sound WAY better than they were and wish the salads were better as well... how many romaine wedges can you eat?

Favorite: Tiana’s Beignets, Triton’s Lamb Chops

Least Favorite: Animator’s Truffle Pursettes. These had no truffle flavor at all. Not bad, just boring.

Favorite - Sea Bass with champagne sauce at Rapunzel's. I think I could eat this every single day.

Least - Cucumber Garden Roll at EG. Bland and flavorless, just a waste of good vegetables.

Favorites: Butternut Squash soup (AP),

Island-Spiced Grilled Rib-Eye of Beef (Parrot Cay - no longer available).

The Sweet Temptations dessert plate. Any of them. (What follows is just a sample)

Least Favorite: Asian Pear, Sweet Corn and Jicama Slaw (Captain's Gala). Although they modified it on our cruise to Apple, Pear & Jicama Slaw.

Last edited:
Worst would be the lobster trail (dry and flavorless) or the SWDAS nerf steak (it was a fathier not a nerf). Best? Truffle pursuites, the sea bass, or the snuggle duckling and Flynn Rider plates from Rapunzel. I loved the escargot.

Favorite: any creme brulee
Least Favorite: lobster bisque (I was SO disappointed in how bad this was. It was totally inedible!)

I love the rack of lamb at Tritons, but I do not like the Brussels sprouts!

Desserts in general disappoint me, not only on DCL.

Favorite: truffle pasta pursettes and escargot
Least favorite: pretty much everything on the Prince and Princess menu

Least Favorite: lobster bisque (I was SO disappointed in how bad this was. It was totally inedible!)

Our waiter would make his recommendations, which we found to be very accurate, but he wasn't at all aggressive. Except for the bisque. Our waiter aggressively suggested not ordering this. He virtually pled with us to avoid it.

Our waiter would make his recommendations, which we found to be very accurate, but he wasn't at all aggressive. Except for the bisque. Our waiter aggressively suggested not ordering this. He virtually pled with us to avoid it.
Gosh! I kind of like it. I have ordered it more then once.

Favorites: Smoked Salmon tartare in animators palate; Fried Brie in Royal Court
Least Favorites: Pork tenderloin in Enchanted Garden (mine had the texture of a block of wood and a flavor of what I can only assume feet taste like); "Lobster" pasta in Royal Court (I don't know what is in this to make it taste so bad and I don't want to know--in fairness the waiter did say not to order it)

I don’t remember which food item it was but I ordered some type of pasta, I think, and our waiter kind of whispered/lightly said to not get that and he shook his head. I like that they know which things aren’t the best and warn us to not try them. It may sound like a good food item but they really now what it’s like!

I love lobster bisque... so I’ll make a point to find out this week whether it’s any good or not and report back!!

Also intrigued by the divide on the pursettes... will also have to investigate.

I don't remember the name but it was some kind of lobster pasta I hated. Our waiter wasn't very good but he asked if I liked seafood because it had a seafood sauce. I ate the chunks of lobster and left the rest. I liked everything else. DH is very picky and ordered off the kids menu most of the time. Our travel agent said they'd bring him an adult portion, they didn't and it wasn't good. Overall the main dining rooms didn't work for us. He usually ended up at the grill after dinner getting something, or just loading up on ice cream. DD is scrawny and fairly picky but she ate her weight in mac and cheese on our 3 night cruise!

ETA I liked the pursettes

Same here. I normally really love lobster bisque but our waiter begged me not to try it but I didn’t listen. :crazy2: Horrible. He was kind enough to have a backup ready.

My favorites have to be the lamb chops and Grand Marnier soufflé.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter