• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your most favorite & least favorite MDR food item?

Least favorite would be any fish.

Most favorite appetizer black truffle pasta pursettes
Most favorite entree prime rib enchanted garden
Most favorite appetizer that I have as an entree, eggplant stuffed with ricotta. I have them add a little pasta to the side and make it a meal.

My favorite dish is Animator’s Truffle Pursettes. I just love them

I dislike almost all the main courses in the MDR. Find them flavorless and bland and boring. The Star Wars menu had some pretty terrible dishes like the cheese soufflé and flat bread

I love lobster bisque...

I do too and was so looking forward to it. Maybe it was just that night, but I've never been brave enough to try it again on another cruise. Another person at our table also ordered it that night and hers arrived first. She took a taste and didn't say anything. When mine arrived, I thought the color was really off--it was very brown. I took one taste and almost spit it out. It was so awful. The other person then told me that she also thought it was awful, but didn't want to say anything until after I tried it in case it was just her and not really the soup.

Favorite: pasta pursiettes, fried brie, grand marnier souffle, Enchanted Garden and Rapunzel's sea bass
Least Favorite: Chicken schnitzel, broccoli and cheddar soup. I think they were on the same menu and they were both not good.

Favorite: Enchanted Garden Sea Bass & Escargot
Least Favorite: Salad Selection - so many wedge salads and orange dressing....would love to see a Caesar or mixed green salad on the everyday menu

Least Favorite: Salad Selection - so many wedge salads and orange dressing....would love to see a Caesar or mixed green salad on the everyday menu

Just ask for a plain salad. It’s generally not a problem. If you know you are going to want one, ask the night before. Or let your server know you would like one every day. They can make it happen.

DH orders the kids salad every night with his choice of dressing. It’s a nice size and very fresh.

Faves: Spinach and raspberry salad (EG), and mushroom ravioli, creme brulee' Grand Marnier soufle' (all RP). Least favorite: I haven't encountered many MDR items that I don't like, but the cream of asparagus soup (EG) wasn't all that. The broth and the asparagus tips weren't bad, but the bits of crabmeat in it were stringy and overcooked and not very fresh, like they were dried out, shredded-up buffet leftovers. Also, the new mango dip that accompanies the bread service on Pirate Night is just... wrong, to me at least. It's a blend of fruit and savory that really grosses me out. The pigeon pea relish that they used to serve with the johnny cake was awkward to eat, but at least it was really tasty.

I have ordered the kids salad, but it's just iceberg lettuce with tomato and cucumber. I generally don't iceberg lettuce. I know it's a super small thing, but if I were going to change one thing, that would be it!

The black truffle purseietts are my favorite, and the fettuccine with parmesan encrusted chicken is my least favorite. It was kinda gross 😔

Favorite: I will have to think about it...

Least favorite: snails and any fish...gross!

You can ask for (and get) a Caesar salad in any of the MDRs. I think I had a Caesar Salad at least 3 (if not 4) nights on our most recent 7 night cruise.

Fave: Truffle pursettes, fried brie, grand marnier souffle
Yucky to me: lobster bisque

The Fried Brie is what I'm looking forward to the most, I think!
On the Fantasy, in December, I asked for it the next night (I forget which dining room we were in). I couldn't get it that night on such short notice, but our server did bring it to me the next two nights!
On the Wonder, in May, we were only on a 3-night cruise and didn't have Triton's until night three. I asked on the first night and was able to get some brought to me the second night as well as the third. Love that Disney service!

Least favorite would be any fish.

Most favorite appetizer black truffle pasta pursettes
Most favorite entree prime rib enchanted garden
Most favorite appetizer that I have as an entree, eggplant stuffed with ricotta. I have them add a little pasta to the side and make it a meal.
Is that because you don’t like fish? Or because Disney just doesn’t do fish well?

Is that because you don’t like fish? Or because Disney just doesn’t do fish well?

It's me not them. ;) I don't like fish and there seems to be quite a bit of it on the menus...which is understandable since we are at sea, but DH and I find limited choices. We like what we have but it's pretty much beef every night.

It's me not them. ;) I don't like fish and there seems to be quite a bit of it on the menus...which is understandable since we are at sea, but DH and I find limited choices. We like what we have but it's pretty much beef every night.

Agreed 100%. I find fish disgusting - taste and smell-wise. Very occasionally I can do scallops (have not on a DCL cruise yet) and shrimp - but the shrimp better be headless, veinless, and tailless.

I would usually mix in some chicken with the beef but Disney doesn't know how to get it off the bone, and not a fan of bone-in chicken. :( (And before self-proclaimed foodies start in about how leaving the bone in keeps it moist, RCCL manages to do boneless chicken which is quite moist and yummy.Sadly I've not been impressed with much else with them...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter