What is your favorite park backpack?

Hello!! My mom, sister and I are planning a trip in August! We’ve been several times but I’m never happy with what backpack I take to the park. Suggestions would be helpful. Amazon funds would be better so I can track them down easier!
My favorite backpack is the one someone else in my family wears and carries all of our stuff in the parks. The bigger the better so there is less chance I have to carry anything.

The last trip I took my haunted mansion loungefly and it was too small for me. It was also so hot to have on my back. I don’t know if anyone else has has this experience with them but that’s just me.

I feel the same way that it was smaller than I wanted and expected. I did like the straps better on the loungefly bag though, over boxlunch or jansport. It's just the size that I didn't love.

If it helps, this last DL trip I wore moisture wicking lulu-esque athletic wear (usually I wear a cotton top and jeans) and it was fabulous. Dried easily, super breathable, and all from Amazon. It was so comfortable I decided I'm not going back to cotton tops and jeans at Disney again.

I think mine is an REI brand. I've had it for years. One thing that I love about it is that it has smaller straps and clips that come around the front so I can clip it up high around my chest, and/or down low around my waist. This is in addition to the standard backpack straps. This takes some of the weight off of my back and it doesn't hang too low on the shoulders. I would never get another backpack with out it.

I tried a small Dagne Dover and really liked all the pockets and organization it offered. Got mine on Poshmark to save some $$$.

Before I decided which backpack to buy, I literally took pictures of other backpacks I saw in the parks. Then I checked prices online. I ended up getting a High Sierra similar to one on Amazon right now for $54.99 (for my stuff and 2 kids). It has I think 5 zippered compartments and holds water bottles on each side. Inside I pack snacks, phone charger and cord, brick charger, ponchos, towels, socks, and sweatshirts (weather dependent) and maybe more drinks. :)

Also doubles as my airplane carry-on.

I use either the Vera Bradley sling bag or the hipster one. I have 2 sizes of the sling bag. The mini is perfect if I need sunglasses, phone, charger and wallet, plus tylenol and sunscreen. It's slightly bigger than a fanny pack, and can convert to a fanny pack. The regular size one will fit a wand, water bottles, snacks plus all the other stuff. The plus side is my boys never mind taking a turn carrying one of those, but they don't want to carry a purse lol. I've never needed to take enough stuff to need a regular size backpack tho.

I carry a clear plastic backpack from Walmart or Amazon. I love that I can see what is in it and so can security - they appreciate it. I keep things I need to get to fast in the small pocket on the outside front. If I put a wallet in the backpack, I connect the wallet to the zipper (or somewhere) on the backpack by a string or something so that I can't lose the wallet. I also keep my magic band connected to a strap on the backpack so that I don't have to wear it on my wrist. I wish I could go to the parks without any bag but I love having stuff I may need. :)

We like the Patagonia Atom Sling 8L. It holds a surprising amount of stuff. This bag has two main compartments and a divider in the main compartment. The single strap has really great padding for comfort. You can adjust it to wear the bag more loosely, giving you the ability swing it around in front of you to access the compartments, or wear it more fitted to the body. The bag washes great. We've been using ours for a few years now. They also have great color options.

I bring my small camelback. Its big enough for raingear, battery charger, 2 water bottles in the side pouch, sunglasses, and camera. Still small enough to easily fit on any ride. Has padded straps so its comfortable.

We're down to a pair of fanny packs at this point (because I've found that almost any supplies you'd need during the day can be found for free or purchased in the parks - bandaids, medication, free water at QS etc...).

Having said that, the best of the larger packs we've tried was just a medium no-name cross-body pack like this: https://tinyurl.com/34mcmrju

The cross-body setup feels better on the shoulders, and the little pouch on the front strap is handy for quick access to necessities, and you can flip the pack to the front easier than taking off a full pack and fishing around inside.

The last trip I took my haunted mansion loungefly and it was too small for me. It was also so hot to have on my back. I don’t know if anyone else has has this experience with them but that’s just me.
Agree 100%, the loungefly material is not meant for warm weather. You can't wear any sort of tank with it since it touches your skin, I thought it was just me too. And I don't have any sequin ones but heck no....... the idea of being hot and sweaty with sequins scratching me, no thank you. I have a canvas small tote loungefly that's much easier to open and wear but the fabric gets heavy and if it rains, it's like a sponge.

I do a fanny pack which you can do crossbody. I use a Hershel 15, carry a portable charger, card case, small sunblock, phone goes in my pocket and carry a water bottle, but it can clip to the waist strap or I just carry it. Sometimes I use my collapsible water bottle too if it's not as hot. If you do a backpack, I like the under armour bag, not sure of the model but it's lightweight and a lighter grey so it's not like you're walking around with a sun catcher on your body. It has two side pockets for bottles and 1 larger and 1 smaller compartment. If you don't have much in it, you really don't feel like you're carrying much at all but it's still a backpack and gets to be heavy when you're sweating and the arm straps are not breathable.

Overall, I prefer my fanny pack since it's much more comfy, esp in the summer when you're hot so your back can breathe. I got my Hershel on amazon so you can check them out. They have a larger model too, the 17.

North Face Isabella Sling - just used it in the parks over the weekend and it was great. Used a carabiner to clip on a water bottle. Worked out great.
One of my favorite past times is testing bags. I'm addicted! I have tried Vera Bradley, Hershel, Adidas and other brands. Right now, this North Face Isabella Sling is my favorite. Just an FYI-The little pocket in the strap is not big enough for a phone so I put my lip balm in there. I love the iPad section. I have even taken it on other trips to non Disney places and it has worked well. I also now have a bunch of other brands/bags to try thanks to this thread:) Good Luck!

Hello!! My mom, sister and I are planning a trip in August! We’ve been several times but I’m never happy with what backpack I take to the park. Suggestions would be helpful. Amazon funds would be better so I can track them down easier!
I think some of the bags from LoungeFly are some of the cutest available. Older designs can be seem on eBay, etc.

I like the Eddie Bauer stowaways, 20L and 30L both work. The main reason I like them is I can toss them in the wash after every trip, since the straps get all sweaty and gross from sunscreen. The straps have a light padding that's just enough to keep them from digging in, and they weigh nothing. Super cheap too as they are usually 50% off. My one complaint is the water bottle side pockets aren't super deep so my water bottle tends to fall out when getting in and out of rides, so I just have to watch for that.

I've gone through many different park bags over the years. I was a crossbody diehard for years. Held everything great, but just found it was always getting in my way. I also have a Loungefly backpack but wanted something less 'stiff' and more breathable. I went on a cruise in September and wanted to get a small backpack for excursion days. Nothing too huge, but versatile. I did oodles of research, bought about 6 off Amazon and ended up liking the Columbia Borealis Mini the best. It's a 10L capacity so it is small. But it holds my North Face packable rain jacket, a small umbrella, a 500ml waterbottle, my phone, a charger, various small toiletries (lip balm, sunscreen etc.) and various snacks like granola bars. It also has the bungee cords on the front so if my raincoat gets wet I can shove It under there and not get the other contents of my bag wet. It has a mesh zippered pocket inside for small things, an outside pocket, adjustable, cushioned straps. I found it super comfy. It also comes in a whole bunch of colours.

Worked fantastic for the cruise, I also took it to WDW in November and l love it more than any of my other bags from the last 30 years I've used. I recently took it on a 30 day trip to Europoe and used it more than my crossbody purse. If you're not used to wearing a backpack in crowded areas you do have to be aware, but it is a smaller one so not too cumbersome.

My ownly complaint is I wished it had a mesh/expandable pocket on the side for a water bottle. But I just shoved it in the main compartment or carried it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter