What is your favorite chicken recipe?

Any recipe I don't have to prepare myself LOL!:lmao:

That being said....

Easy Chicken on "The George"
Cut boneless chicken into strips (about the size of take out chicken strips)
toss in Italian dressing (enough to coat)
Cook on the George Foreman Grill until done.

I serve this over pasta or rice or salad!

chicken cordon bleu:

You're supposed to pound chicken to 1/4". I just slice it in 1/2 legnthwise so I get 2 out of each breast.

lay a piece of ham and swiss cheese on each, roll up and secure w/toothpick
sprinkle w/breadcrumbs

Cook at 350 for 35minutes

Annette’s Chicken

Never had a name for the recipe. Got it from my friend Annette and it's been called Annette's chicken ever since. This is beyond delicious. I usually serve it with buttered noodles.

8 chicken breasts
3 beaten eggs
Frying Magic seasoned coating (found in grocery store where bread crumbs are sold)
Mushrooms (either fresh or jarred, and as much or as little as you like)
Chicken stock or broth
Muenster cheese

I usually pound the chicken breasts to about ½ to ¾-inch thick and cut in half. Poke holes in chicken breasts with fork and marinate in eggs (in a Ziploc bag) overnight.

Coat chicken in Frying Magic and brown in skillet. Bread crumbs can be used, if preferred.

Put browned chicken in a single layer in a 9x13 pan. Top with mushrooms and slices of muenster cheese. Pour chicken stock or broth over top and up to the sides of the chicken. Don’t cover chicken with stock.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so. If you don't cover, the cheese browns. Sometimes I take the foil off towards the end.

Last one - I promise! :lmao:

Chicken pot pie
Shred a rotisserie chicken
Mix chicken in a bowl with a can of cream of chicken soup, a bag of frozen veggies (already cooked, whatever mix you like best - I use a corn/green bean mix) and salt and pepper to taste
Dump into frozen pie shell, use other half of pie shell to cover top
Bake till done (that's so helpful, isn't it... considering everything is already cooked it ends up being around 30-40 minutes at 350 - basically until the crust is done - I do a lot of "creative cooking" so I'm not good at explaining specifics).

This also makes a good dish to give someone when they need an easy meal (new parents, etc.). Make a few and keep them in the freezer for a last minute dinner.

This is one of my favorites, but most of the time I cut up boneless chicken breasts, season and sear them, add cheese to the mixture and bake - yummy :thumbsup2 We just like more seasoning ;)

Boneless chicken breast
Jar of salsa
Can of black beans
Cooked on low for 8 hours in crockpot and served over rice with sour cream.

Boneless Chicken breast
Red onion
Red & green pepper
Bottle of Italian dressing

8 hours on low in crockpot and served over egg noodles.

Lots of great ideas! We eat A LOT of chicken. Some of these pp recipes I use. Here are some others I haven't seen yet. These are all relatively healthy too.

Chicken Cheesesteak Saute
1/4 Cup Light Italian dressing (NSA)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 6 chicken breast tenderloins
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced onions
1/4 cup sliced bell pepper (red or green)
1 TBSP olive oil
2 slices light provolone cheese

Marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing, in a plastic bag, for at least two hours; drain well. After marinating, heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat for about two minutes. Sprinkle chicken with garlic and onion powder. Add chicken to skillet, and sear chicken until brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side). Add mushrooms, onions, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes longer (7 - 8 minutes if using thick breasts). Tear cheese into small pieces and place on top of mixture. Place top on skillet and let sit for one to two minutes.

Chicken Divan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 C. mayonnaise
8 oz. l/f or f/f sour cream
1 t. curry powder (I like to add more to taste)
1/4 C. chicken broth
1 large package of frozen broccoli cuts
1 C. l/f shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large pot, boil the chicken until mostly cooked (approximately 15-20 minutes). While the chicken is boiling, boil the broccoli in water for approximately 10 minutes (this will make the broccoli more mushy in the casserole dish which makes it taste better to me). Drain the broccoli in a strainer. Mix the mayo, sour cream, curry powder, chicken broth and cheese in a medium size bowl. In a 9x13 inch glass casserole dish, layer the broccoli, then the chicken on top. Pour the cheese mixture over the top of the chicken. You can add a little more cheese to the top if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.

4 servings

Nutrition per single serving:
Calories: 378
Fat: 16 - 4 grams saturated
Carbs: 20 (Fiber:5)
Protein: 40

Greek Tacos
1 lb lean ground chicken
1 1/2 tsp each oregano, paprika and finely minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
4 ww pitas, split, warmed in microwave (I usually buy the pita pocket bread - regular ww tortillas work just as well)
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup each diced tomatoes and cucumbers
3/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

1. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, oregano, paprika, garlic and salt.

2. Cook, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 4 minutes.

3. Top each split pita half with 1/4 cup of the lettuce. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, 2 Tbsp each of the tomato and cucumber, 1 1/2 Tbsp of the yogurt and 1 Tbsp of the feta. Fold in half to eat.

Mediterranean Chicken with Artichokes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2" pieces
2 T olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
4 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cups balsamic vinegar
1 pkg frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and halved
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth, plus 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese

Heat half of olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, salting and peppering to taste. Remove chicken from skillet. Add remaining oil, onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. Add oregano and red pepper flakes, stir, and remove from skillet. Add vinegar to skillet and heat, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of skillet, and reducing vinegar until almost evaporated. Add artichoke hearts, broth, and water, then chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened. Serve with crumbled Feta on top.

4 servings
Nutrition per serving: 266 calories, 12 g fat, 31 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate

Kung Pao Chicken
Optional: Mix egg white, sherry, and cornstarch and marinate chicken.
Heat oil and fry dried peppers until black. Add chicken and garlic and fry until almost done. Add sauce and cook until thick. Add onions, peanuts, and veggies, if desired and heat.

Sauce for about 3 breasts:
½ cup oyster sauce
¼ cup dry sherry
1 T soy
½ tsp cornstarch
grated ginger
1 tsp sesame oil (add last)

Parmesan Crusted Chicken
2 Large skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Almonds
3 Tablespoons Shredded/Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/3 Cup Egg Beaters (or 1 Egg beaten (
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper to taste

Combine almonds and Parmesan in a food processor and pulse until it has the texture of cornmeal.
Fillet the chicken breasts approx. 1/4" thick. Season with salt/pepper.
Coat the chicken on both sides with egg, dredge in almond mixture.
Heat skillet over medium heat w/ 2 Tablespoons of oil, brown the chicken on both sides. Move to a pre heated 350 degree oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until done.

Serves 4
Cals: 285, fat: 16g, Carb: 5g, Protein: 30g per serving.

This sounds awesome! Love a new way to serve black beans.
Can you please post your taco seasoning recipe?

Sorry!! Just saw this.

Taco seasoning:

1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
just less than 1 splenda packet (original recipe was for sugar but I can't remember how much it was!)

When I use outside of recipes I sprinkle into my meal as it's cooking then add 1/2 cup water to it. I use the whole thing for stuff like chicken fajitas- three breasts cut into strips with peppers and onions, etc. If I'm making less I add to taste.

:goodvibes

Since I started making this recipe the family doesn't want chicken made any other way.

1 package Knorr chicken flavored Rice dumped into a casserole
Add water as called for on the rice minus about a 1/4 cup
layer boneless skinless chicken breasts on top
add 1 package frozen veggie of choice

cover and microwave for 30 minutes (give or take depending on your microwave watt)

We double the recipe so I usually cook for 40 minutes or so

the chicken is done and juicy when you cut in

I see others have mentioned mayo and crushed cereal. My kids are begging me to make mine again- I did chicken breasts coated in mayo and crushed rice krispies. Next time I am going to cut them into strips and do the same thing and have chicken strips.

My other go-to's are just as simple. Chicken wraps are good- tortilla, chicken, lettuce, cheese, ranch, tomatoes...

Chicken & rice- 2 cups rice- cook- add 1 can cream of chicken, some chicken, shredded cheese to taste, a little milk, and heat through on stove.

Chicken casserole- soak 2 cups macaroni in 2 cups milk overnight (or you could probably just use some cooked pasta), add 2 cups chicken, cubed cheese or shredded, 2 cans cream of chicken (actually I use more like 1.5) and bake for an hour at 350. This can get the pasta a little too crunchy at the edges, so sometimes I stir it a few times during baking.

I made this last night and it was quick and easy:

1/2 carton of the herb Philly cooking sauce,
2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces and cooked
cooked pasta of your choice

Mix everything together and serve. It was very easy and tasted wonderful. Next time I will add some vegetables. There are also only 2 of us, so this made enough for 2 meals. You can adjust it for a larger family.

my familiy loves this recipe. I make it almost once a week and serve with garlic bread:goodvibes

Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders

Chicken Tenderloins
1 sm bottle zesty italian dressing
2 tbsp honey (more or less to taste)
1 small lime

strain "pieces" from italian dressing. To the liquid add the honey and the juice from the lime.

Marinade chicken 2 hours.

YUMMY! My kids beg for this and it's so simple.

This sounds awesome! Love a new way to serve black beans.
Can you please post your taco seasoning recipe?

For something quick and tasty, I drain and rinse a can of black beans, put it in a bowl and add about 1/3-1/2 cup of our favorite salsa. I heat it in the microwave for about a min give or take. Once I take it out, I add a heaping tablespoon of low fat sour cream and stir well. It's really simple to make, but the kids like it as a soup or a dip. You can play with the consistency. I'll eat it for lunch sometimes with some tortilla chips or veggies. It's really filling. Great for when you are in a pinch for time.

Last one - I promise! :lmao:

Chicken pot pie
Shred a rotisserie chicken
Mix chicken in a bowl with a can of cream of chicken soup, a bag of frozen veggies (already cooked, whatever mix you like best - I use a corn/green bean mix) and salt and pepper to taste
Dump into frozen pie shell, use other half of pie shell to cover top
Bake till done (that's so helpful, isn't it... considering everything is already cooked it ends up being around 30-40 minutes at 350 - basically until the crust is done - I do a lot of "creative cooking" so I'm not good at explaining specifics).

This also makes a good dish to give someone when they need an easy meal (new parents, etc.). Make a few and keep them in the freezer for a last minute dinner.

I make my chicken pot pie about the same. I use chicken gravy instead of the chicken soup. I have used the soup though. I like it both ways. :)

Mexican chicken
All these ingredients go into a ziplock bag:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1-2 tablespoons of chipotle in adobo (I put the whole can, peppers and sauce, in the blender and then store it in the fridge) If you don't like spice then use less because it's VERY SPICY!
2 tablespoons of Badia Sazon Completa (it's in the spice section in a clear bottle with a green top), if you don't have it you can use any seasoning mix you like that's not too salty
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4-1/3 cup vinegar (I like apple cider or red wine)
2 tablespoons of citrus juice (I've used lemons, limes, oranges)

I let this mixture marinate over night (but I've even done it as short as 2 hours). I like to brown the outside in a pan on both sides, then I pour in 1-2 cups of chicken stock in the pan, about halfway up the side of the chicken breasts. I place the pan in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the breast is just cooked through.

I remove the chicken from the pan, and cook down the stock and drippings ion high n the pan while scraping the brown bits from the bottom. The sauce in the pan will thicken and should coat the back of a metal spoon, then pull the pan off the heat. I put 1 tablespoon of butter and swish it around the pan until it's combined and melted in the sauce. The sauce is done!

I slice the chicken (this stretches the meal because you can get more servings out it than just giving one breast per person.) and pour the sauce over it. The chicken is moist and delicious!!

I serve this with yellow rice and corn or even with tortillas and taco toppings!

Greek Tacos
1 lb lean ground chicken
1 1/2 tsp each oregano, paprika and finely minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
4 ww pitas, split, warmed in microwave (I usually buy the pita pocket bread - regular ww tortillas work just as well)
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup each diced tomatoes and cucumbers
3/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

1. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, oregano, paprika, garlic and salt.

2. Cook, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 4 minutes.

3. Top each split pita half with 1/4 cup of the lettuce. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, 2 Tbsp each of the tomato and cucumber, 1 1/2 Tbsp of the yogurt and 1 Tbsp of the feta. Fold in half to eat.
This sounds so good!!!

I love chicken. I would eat it every day of the week:

I usually will boil a bunch of chicken at once and use it for various dishes:
When I am boiling it I will put in a whole onion and a couple of cloves of garlic to make a nice broth: When I am done cooking the chicken I discard the onion and garlic. Also, I will add a bunch of garlic salt and pepper for flavor.

Chicken Salad

cut up boiled chicken and then add mayo, celery, purple onion, and green pepper. Use pepper and garlic salt to taste. I put it on either white mountain bread or parisian bread.

Chicken Soup.

When you have boiled all of the chicken together you will have a very flavorful broth. cut up as much chicken as you would like - it depends how much you like in your soup - and add it to the pot. Next, add whatever vegetables you would like. I usually will add potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and carrots. Simmer it for a couple of hours. When it is almost done I add broccoli and summer squash and zucchini. Add as much pepper and garlic salt as you like. Delicious. I usually serve with parisian bread or buy those pillsbury rolls.

Chicken Pot Pie

Take some more of the chicken for your pot pies. I don't make my crust, although you may. I just buy the Pillsbury crusts. I layer the bottom of the pie plate and then I add a mixture of cut up chicken and vegetables. The vegetables I boil and then add. Use whatever you like. I boil potatoes and then when they are almost done I add carrots and broccoli and whatever else I feel like. I also throw in the pie - mushrooms, peppers and onions (uncooked) it will cook in the oven. I just add it all to the pie and then I buy the Heinz chicken gravy and mix it up - usually a jar and a half will do it. Again, I add the garlic salt and pepper to taste and put the top of the pie on. Cut a couple of slits in the top to let steam out. I believe that it cooks for between 45 minutes and an hour. So good.

Crunchy chicken.

this recipe is so delicious and easy. It is on the can of the Durkee Fried Onions. Basically, you coat the chicken breasts with egg, crush up the Fried onions and coat. It is beyond delicious.

chicken Marinara

I cook chicken in the frying pan with a tiny bit of oil. Once it is cooked through. I then add a can of crushed tomatoes and mushrooms, peppers and onions - with salt, pepper, clove of garlic, basil and oregano. I simmer this until soft. You can eat like this alone or put over pasta.

Chicken fajitas

basic recipe

chicken w/cheese and broccoli

Thin out chicken by slicing thin and then roll up broccoli and cheese inside.

Stir Fry chicken:

Basic stir fry. I just cook it in the wok with a little oil and then once that is cooked I add a bunch of vegetables and put over rice.

That's all I can think of right now.

I don't remember where I found this recipe but dh and sons love it.

Boneless chicken breasts or strips
Coat with honey mustard dressing (Ken's is the BEST!)
Roll in crushed pretzels.
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.

We also really like just sauteeing boneless chicken with thinly sliced vidalia onions in butter and making whatever sides you like.

Chicken schnitzel.

Either pound chicken breasts thin (or buy "scallopini" size chicken, sliced thin)

Mix 2 eggs with some minced garlic and parsley
Mix plain bread crumbs with parmesan

Dredge chicken in egg, then crumbs, and pan fry til golden brown (only takes a few minutes really!)

Serve with buttered noodles (I often buy some gravy to go with it too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter