What is your favorite character meal?

What is your favorite character meal?

• Total voters
Garden Grill (dinner) - the food is probably the best dinner food in this poll (many of the character meals seem to have sub-par food). And the characters always seem to be very interactive at GG...Chip & Dale sometimes will visit at the same time and have some playful interaction.

Well we have 2 and they are both breakfasts 1900 Park Fare and Stitch. We love the characters at 1900 (and decent food) and as for Stitch, when my now 18 year old was little we had to watch Lilo And Stitch twice a day. She still insists on her Stitch fix.

Tusker House breakfast. It is a must every time we go to AK.

Crystal Palace would be the runner-up.

Hand down Garden Grill for us. The character interaction is great and the food is excellent. Plus if you get an early enough reservation then finish eating by about say 8:45 you can get on Soarin’ with no wait. That’s a great perk.

Ohani for Breakfast
TuskerHouse for Lunch
Park Fare for dinner...
and Askerus for any of the above.

The food is not jaw dropping at any of the above but the food plus the characters make any of these a welcome event!

Crystal Palace was great when the kids were much younger, in fact i think that was the first place we character dined. The Castle was great the first time we dined there but then it became too expensive and although the characters are fantastic there and Meeting Cinderella is always top of the list, the food just doesn't warrant the cost.. still, its a must do at least once..

I voted for 1900 PF breakfast based on food AND characters. Mad Hatter and Alice were great and gave us some funny interactions. My other choice is Cape May breakfast for food. Characters there were meh, except Donald who was a lot of fun.

I picked CRT because of the ages of your kids. When my kids were that age trying to do buffet character meals was difficult. DH and I had a hard time getting the kids to and from the buffets to see the options (or just getting things for the younger) and have autograph books out and ready to go and not miss a character. Our timing always seemed to be such that they'd all come about the time we'd want to go get the kids food. We'd say, "Right after this next character." And another one would enter the room. We didn't enjoy the food part of the meal much ourselves. Having everything brought to your table made for a much better experience for us and the kids liked the wishing star and wands/swords.

Last edited:
I'd say it depends on what characters they enjoy most and how adventurous they are with food. From an adults standpoint, I enjoy Tusker House the most because the character interaction is just enough but not too much, and the food is great. I'm kind of awkward when it comes to meeting face characters because I really dont enjoy having to think about what to say, so Cinderellas Royal table wasnt really "it" for me, because it felt really forced on my end. But of course on a childs end, I could see how that would be magical for them. Tusker House has some child friendly options but also adventurous dishes so its a nice balance. I like the character interactions at Tusker House better just for me because I appreciate I don't have to force a conversation with them, we just hug, take a pic, get an autograph, and they're on their way. So as I said, it depends what the kids like.

For breakfast I would have to go with Trattoria al forno and O'hana. For lunch or dinner I would go with Crystal palace and garden grill.

GOTO Disneyland...Characters are all over the place..not just in a designated place. You can dine with them at counter service restaurants. Love it there.

Garden Grill! We usually do breakfast, but we have also done dinner a few times. You can’t go wrong with any meal here. Hands down the best character interaction.

FWIW, don't let the worry of missing characters keep you from trying a buffet that sounds appealing (we love a late CP breakfast). If someone misses a character, you can let your server or the CMs handling the characters know. In my experience, they have the character return to your table. I wouldn't pop up if the characters were just a few tables away....but I don't avoid getting up otherwise. ( Maybe not a great approach if you are trying to get through a meal quickly.....but we usually aren't in a rush.)

I am not a fan at all of mass produced quantities of food prepared for droves of people such as buffets. But one that I don't mind is Crystal Palace for breakfast. I enjoy the characters and it does have a fresh omelette station and the Breakfast Lasagna is absolutely and addiction for me. I also don't mind Tusker House as well for breakfast. Ok food for a buffet and very good character fun as well.

We have girls.
Food quality. Trattoria al Forno breakfast
In general. Akershus dinner. Relaxed with princesses. The service is great.

The castle is nice just to eat in the castle but every time (six times in six years) we get a grumpy old man waiter and the service is never nice and we are shoved in a corner.

Crystal palace and Chef Mickey we will only do if we have the dining plan, not worth the price otherwise for the mediocre food. Tusker house is better for those types of characters.

1900 food is not great, but the step sisters are soooo fun.

My favorites for best meals and character interaction are: Crystal Palace, Akershus, and Garden Grill.

My new favorite is the Bon Voyage breakfast - the food was really good (and lots and lots of it) and the character interaction was excellent. I also like that it's an open kitchen and you can watch the chefs work, that was fun. I would absolutely book this one again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter