What is your, DVC members, average length of stay?

What is your, DVC members, average length of stay?

• 3 or less nights

• 4 nights

• 5 nights

• 6 nights

• 7 nights

• 8 nights

• 9 nights

• 10 nights

• 11-14 nights

• more than 14 nights

Results are only viewable after voting.
Usually 10-12 nights for us... like was mentioned by another. gotta make the journey from the west coast worth it. :)

Okay...so I think if you're a 7+ nights DVCer, then the 4 day/park deal wouldn't work out for you. So I suspected it is to appeal to the 4-6 night DVCer...BUT then I realized that a lot of those folks go 2-3 times a year (like me). So that 4 day/park deal wouldn't work either (I, personally, am not buying it 3 times/year). And most of us, DVC members, like to hit Epcot in the evenings so we like the hopping option.

I was stumped at who they are trying to appeal to with the 4 day/park deal (assuming that the rumor is true and DVC discounted AP/PAPs are going away and only deal will be the 4 day/park deal). It dawned on me that new buyers (new younger families) who go direct probably have a bit of sticker shock at the direct prices. Poly is about to start selling and I wonder at what price??? So maybe these new younger buyers can't buy such a large contract and if they're told that for just $200 they could get 4 days in the parks. When DH and I were starting out on our WDW trips (2003), that would have appealed to us...we wouldn't have known then that we like to hit Epcot every night. So, DVC is presenting them with this picture: buy enough points for a 5 night stay and get this 4 day/park deal and it's affordable. They might say "I know you'd like to stay for a week, but isn't 5 nights at VGF better than 7 at POR??". I am guessing the $516 DVC priced AP is too expensive for the typical young family of 4 who just want to go to WDW once a year (that was how we started off...going once a year, but family of 5). Why, though, can't they offer both...DVC AP/PAP and the 4 day/park deal??? Maybe they are...maybe that rumor isn't true.

At any rate...interesting to see the typical length of stay. I wonder how many, of the 100+ who took this poll, go multiple times a year.

We normally like to go in the fall for F&W, staying 10 or 11 nights. And we stagger our trips to get 2 of those trips out of 1 AP. Then we sometimes (okay, most of the time!) sneak in a smaller 5 night trip in between. We always hit a park the day we arrive and the day we leave.

We only have 100 points but also are friends with a CM so between the discount he gets us for those in between trips and some banking, borrowing, and transferring, we make this work. Owning BWV and being able to book standard view studios at 11 months helps.

We would be extremely disappointed to lose the AP discount if this comes true. But I've always gone with an AP, even before owning DVC. We still like to go to the parks every day, even if we only stay for a few hours at a time. Guess we'll have to see what happens.

I wonder how many, of the 100+ who took this poll, go multiple times a year.

Like I posted earlier we normally go once a year for 10 days to get 2 trips out of 1 pass. Last November the wife and I did an extra 4 nights at BWV as our first adult only trip meeting our neighbors, ( our parents took care of our kids).

We only did this because we already had the pass and we spent money on tours like " Keys to the Kingdom" that you can't do with children. We also did OOP diners at Cape May and Ohana.

We usually go down twice a year for about 5 - 6 days each time. Once in October and once in February.

We go 2-3 times per year, each 14 days. Our contracts are all paid off, but that doesn't mean that we still don't keep to a budget. If the AP discount is discontinued, we'll probably spend more time at other Orlando attractions. We purchase contracts each spring, but waiting to see how this turns out before buying in further.

We usually find for our family that a stay of between 8 or 10 days is ideal. Any longer it ceases to be fun and everyone is antsy to get back home. Even though our kids are older now, they have been that way since they were young, and when they were young the level of snippiness increased if we stayed any longer.

As our daughter ages, freshman in high school now, our trips have become shorter and shorter. We're going in January for a long weekend - first time only staying 3 nights.

We try for 2 14-16 night stays in a 12 month period followed by short break, maximising the AP discount benefit so looking out for any more news on the end of the AP discount rumour with interest.

We usually do seven nights, once a year and then every other year we will squeeze in two trips.

This year we were there twice...... at BWV for seven nights in April.

In late September, we did three nights at SSR, a five night Disney Cruise and then six nights at BWV.

We are not going again until 2016.... waiting for some of the changes in the parks to be finished.

We are currently looking for another 50 to 100 points at BWV and if we find a resale contract, we might go back next fall.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :rolleyes:

I answered 8. That is exactly our number these days...but really I get a 9 day vacation because we stop overnight in SC on the way home! pixiedust:

In the past, between dogs, we did 23 nights at OKW. Now that was fun! :goodvibes One afternoon, I went to board an AK bus with my pre-school daughter. Bus driver said, "Park closes at 5." I said, "Oh, we're just going over to see the Nemo show." He said, "How long you here?" I told him and he just smiled. I don't think it was all that unusual...

We usually stay 3 weeks, mostly a little over 21 nights to stretch it a bit. The last trip was 23 nights

We stay around 14-18 days every other year. Why? Saves money on airfare and park tickets, plus it allows us to vacation places other than WDW (I know, blasphemy!). We save money on park tickets by buying 8-10 day ticket every other year vs a 4-5 day every year.

Max 7 days. Can't any more time off work than that in one sitting. So we go every 2 to 3 years.

We just bought in but have our plan in place. We plan to go 3 times a year, a week each time.

... we did 23 nights at OKW. Now that was fun! :goodvibes One afternoon, I went to board an AK bus with my pre-school daughter. Bus driver said, "Park closes at 5." I said, "Oh, we're just going over to see the Nemo show." He said, "How long you here?" I told him and he just smiled. I don't think it was all that unusual...
That sound fantastic! One day ... For now 5-7 days.

facebook twitter