What is your Disney shameful secret?

I hate Pandora. I think it's ugly, it's the dumbest movie to ever make a land out of, and it confused the hell out of my kids who have never heard of the movie and were having a LOT of fun earning their wilderness explorer badges and learning about animals and plants and protecting the earth and then...here's a bunch of pretend plants and things that you have no context for. Also it's alien!

A lot of mine were already said lol guess I'm not alone in some aspects

1. Beverly is not as disgusting as everyone says it is and I find the hate to be kind of overexaggerated. It's a soda meant to be used as a mixer, not to drink on it's own. If anything the soda from China is WAY worse, it tastes like BBQ sauce
2. Never understood why people would want to take their newborns to the parks. I get they're free admission but I don't think it's at all worth the hassle.
3. I would be very happy if Disney bulldozed Tomorrowland Speedyway in WDW and Autopia in DL to the ground and built actually good attractions in their place.
4. The festivals at Epcot are really overrated. The portions are TINY and not at all worth the money and time spent in line. At least with Flower and Garden there's pretty topiaries to look at.
5. Never cared for fireworks shows. I usually leave the park early to enjoy an evening at the pool or use the time to go on some rides.
6. Jungle Cruise is overrated and not worth the 70+ minute waits it gets. The ride is very reliant on whether you have a good Skipper or not and most of time they're meh. I find the ride to be WAY better when it's Jingle Cruise.

1. Beverly is not as disgusting as everyone says it is and I find the hate to be kind of overexaggerated. It's a soda meant to be used as a mixer, not to drink on it's own. If anything the soda from China is WAY worse, it tastes like BBQ sauce
2. Never understood why people would want to take their newborns to the parks. I get they're free admission but I don't think it's at all worth the hassle.
3. I would be very happy if Disney bulldozed Tomorrowland Speedyway in WDW and Autopia in DL to the ground and built actually good attractions in their place.
4. The festivals at Epcot are really overrated. The portions are TINY and not at all worth the money and time spent in line. At least with Flower and Garden there's pretty topiaries to look at.
5. Never cared for fireworks shows. I usually leave the park early to enjoy an evening at the pool or use the time to go on some rides.
6. Jungle Cruise is overrated and not worth the 70+ minute waits it gets. The ride is very reliant on whether you have a good Skipper or not and most of time they're meh. I find the ride to be WAY better when it's Jingle Cruise.
1. i feel so seen. :thanks:
3. agree wholeheartedly, it's like a beach town go kart venue and wreaks of gasoline. that said, i appreciate that it may eat some of the crowds on a busy day.

:thanks:
3. agree wholeheartedly, it's like a beach town go kart venue and wreaks of gasoline. that said, i appreciate that it may eat some of the crowds on a busy day.
You hit it on the head with the smell. It’s like exhaust fumes when you are driving on the highway behind a truck and you gag….just out in the open.

Alright here are mine

1) I am so behind on streaming and movies (not just D+ I’m talking everything)and that needs to change before the DLR trip in late summer because I’m not walking around Avengers Campus confused lol

2) I miss the free for all seating with Fantasmic at DHS.

3) We love CRT! Granted we only went once b it had a pleasant experience. We did always enjoy BoG but our last experience there was not the best.

4) I have never been on rock n roller coaster and honestly don’t know if I ever will

5) I am not a space mountain fan at all. I’m short, and I shouldn’t feel like I’m gonna hit my head on anything.

6) Sleeping Beauty is my least fave Disney animated feature (yet some of my family and close friends fave)

7) I hope trattoria al Forno keeps the menu they have now for breakfast when the characters return. It was great pre pandemic but post pandemic was *chefs kiss*

8) If it were up to me I would’ve done Genie plus like universal does express with the various hotels getting this and that

9) Myself and my family do not like Hollywood Brown Derby. While our service was excellent and we don’t blame him at all, it was very underwhelming

10) …..I like soarin around the world…but I also miss California

1. I'm old enough to remember seeing the 25th anniversary pink birthday cake castle, I was not a child at the time, and I REALLY LOVED IT!

2. Sometimes I will stay up all night until dawn in my hotel room reading (the Kingdom Keepers series lol) and then sleep until late afternoon the next day and not go to a park. I know I could do that at home, but it's so much better at Disney with nobody there to bug me about my atrocious sleeping habits.

3. I'm severely disabled and own a personal ECV. I can barely walk. I STILL think maybe Disney needs to look into limiting ECV use in the parks or stop renting them or something because 95% of ECVs are a damned menace. People rent them but can't drive them. They mow down other guests and children and then glare like it's your fault. People who rent them by the week show up in the bus queues and hold everyone up for 25 minutes very slowly making their tenth attempt to parallel park the scooter inside the bus. It's maddening and I say this as someone who could not go to Disney without my scooter. I know how to drive it!

4. Most days I just ride around in the parks, do a lot of eating and a lot of shopping, and never go on a single ride. That are not many rides I can transfer onto without help, and since I can no longer ride the ones I loved even with assistance, I guess I don't really miss the ones I could do but usually don't bother. People think I'm crazy for paying for a ticket and spending the entire day randomly wandering around.

5. My goal this trip is to NOT accidentally steal something! Feels like at least once every year I unload my scooter at the end of the day and realize there's a pair of earrings or a pin or some other little thing in the basket or on the flood pad that I didn't pay for because I didn't see it in there when I was piling my purchases onto the checkout. Then my first stop the next day is going back to that store like "Hi, so I was here yesterday and it turns out I'm a shoplifter." Once I somehow had a shirt that had fallen onto the floor behind me and I didn't realize it came out of the basket, not the bag of previous purchases. I realized it before I left the park so I could go back and explain and pay for it, but it's humiliating that it happens. I travel with a ton of medical stuff so there are always a bunch of my own things in the basket, and when there are ten people in the line behind me I don't have time to fully empty it out onto the counter and make sure nothing is stuck at the bottom.

1. I'm old enough to remember seeing the 25th anniversary pink birthday cake castle, I was not a child at the time, and I REALLY LOVED IT!

2. Sometimes I will stay up all night until dawn in my hotel room reading (the Kingdom Keepers series lol) and then sleep until late afternoon the next day and not go to a park. I know I could do that at home, but it's so much better at Disney with nobody there to bug me about my atrocious sleeping habits.

3. I'm severely disabled and own a personal ECV. I can barely walk. I STILL think maybe Disney needs to look into limiting ECV use in the parks or stop renting them or something because 95% of ECVs are a damned menace. People rent them but can't drive them. They mow down other guests and children and then glare like it's your fault. People who rent them by the week show up in the bus queues and hold everyone up for 25 minutes very slowly making their tenth attempt to parallel park the scooter inside the bus. It's maddening and I say this as someone who could not go to Disney without my scooter. I know how to drive it!

4. Most days I just ride around in the parks, do a lot of eating and a lot of shopping, and never go on a single ride. That are not many rides I can transfer onto without help, and since I can no longer ride the ones I loved even with assistance, I guess I don't really miss the ones I could do but usually don't bother. People think I'm crazy for paying for a ticket and spending the entire day randomly wandering around.

5. My goal this trip is to NOT accidentally steal something! Feels like at least once every year I unload my scooter at the end of the day and realize there's a pair of earrings or a pin or some other little thing in the basket or on the flood pad that I didn't pay for because I didn't see it in there when I was piling my purchases onto the checkout. Then my first stop the next day is going back to that store like "Hi, so I was here yesterday and it turns out I'm a shoplifter." Once I somehow had a shirt that had fallen onto the floor behind me and I didn't realize it came out of the basket, not the bag of previous purchases. I realized it before I left the park so I could go back and explain and pay for it, but it's humiliating that it happens. I travel with a ton of medical stuff so there are always a bunch of my own things in the basket, and when there are ten people in the line behind me I don't have time to fully empty it out onto the counter and make sure nothing is stuck at the bottom.
Kingdom Keepers is the best! I so agree with the ECV thing, there should be a license or something for them imo.

I totally agree on this point and this was actually was something I was going to put in my post but ultimately chose not to. I have no problems with guests using ECVs as I want people to be able to enjoy the parks comfortably. It is aggravating to be on the bus ready to go and you have to sit there for 30 minutes waiting for 2 ECVs to board (that was how long I waited on my last trip for an ECV to load because they didn't know how to drive into the spot).

I totally agree on this point and this was actually was something I was going to put in my post but ultimately chose not to. I have no problems with guests using ECVs as I want people to be able to enjoy the parks comfortably. It is aggravating to be on the bus ready to go and you have to sit there for 30 minutes waiting for 2 ECVs to board (that was how long I waited on my last trip for an ECV to load because they didn't know how to drive into the spot).

Yup. Obviously it's not like I don't want people who are disabled to be able to come. I can barely walk myself. It's just that Disney is the WORLD CAPITAL of people who don't know how to drive a scooter but are using one anyway and it makes me insane. I would never, ever say something or even give a dirty look -- but you bet I am inwardly seething.

I grew up in Florida and my family and were regular visitors to the parks. We swore we would never be “those people” bringing a newborn or young babies into the parks. Fast forward to adulthood. We had a planned family reunion in CA and a day at Disneyland was part of it. Planned over a year in advance. Then, surprise, sister got pregnant unexpectedly and we were faced with canceling or her staying ar the hotel with the baby and missing out. So, that is how we ended up with a 4 month old at Disneyland. That same year, east coast great grandma says she wants to go to Disneyworld with her grandkids, even tho we were now adults, for what she thought would be the last time (fortunately, it wasn’t) and that is how we ended up at the Florida parks around my niece’s first birthday. We officially became “those people” with the baby who everyone else thought was insane. Given how often folks plan these trips way ahead of time and the difficulty with canceling or rescheduling, you of course always have a choice to not go. However, I think it’s common that having a newborn or younger child at the parks is not the ideal but rather a choice people make over not going at all, especially if other kids or extended family is involved. It was work and a bit chaotic at times, but it definitely made us more understanding of how that is ends up happening.

I grew up in Florida and my family and were regular visitors to the parks. We swore we would never be “those people” bringing a newborn or young babies into the parks. Fast forward to adulthood. We had a planned family reunion in CA and a day at Disneyland was part of it. Planned over a year in advance. Then, surprise, sister got pregnant unexpectedly and we were faced with canceling or her staying ar the hotel with the baby and missing out. So, that is how we ended up with a 4 month old at Disneyland. That same year, east coast great grandma says she wants to go to Disneyworld with her grandkids, even tho we were now adults, for what she thought would be the last time (fortunately, it wasn’t) and that is how we ended up at the Florida parks around my niece’s first birthday. We officially became “those people” with the baby who everyone else thought was insane. Given how often folks plan these trips way ahead of time and the difficulty with canceling or rescheduling, you of course always have a choice to not go. However, I think it’s common that having a newborn or younger child at the parks is not the ideal but rather a choice people make over not going at all, especially if other kids or extended family is involved. It was work and a bit chaotic at times, but it definitely made us more understanding of how that is ends up happening.
Oh I totally get why people bring newborns and babies to the parks, I wasn't shaming people that do in my initial post. I get that situations change and also that people straight up choose to bring them. Kids under 3 being free admission is too good to pass up. The latter is what confuses me since a lot of the parents I see in the parks look 100% exhausted. I'm also not a parent so my opinion really doesn't matter, people can do whatever they want on their vacations. For me I would never want to go to Disney with little kids. I had the chance to when my uncle invited me on a free trip but the catch was that I was expected to babysit his 3 and 1 year old the entire time. I did end up saying no.

So many Disney Shameful Secrets to think about:
  • I love Mickey Pretzels, but I don't really care about Mickey Waffles
  • I've fallen asleep on Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Spaceship Earth, The American Adventure, Living with the Land, and probably some others
  • I always feel weirdly underdressed when we visit the Grand Floridian Main Lobby
  • I am always excited to get on the elevator for Astro Orbiter
  • I feel like the monorail is one of the best rides at WDW

So many Disney Shameful Secrets to think about:
  • I love Mickey Pretzels, but I don't really care about Mickey Waffles
  • I've fallen asleep on Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Spaceship Earth, The American Adventure, Living with the Land, and probably some others
  • I always feel weirdly underdressed when we visit the Grand Floridian Main Lobby
  • I am always excited to get on the elevator for Astro Orbiter
  • I feel like the monorail is one of the best rides at WDW

Oh man, I know what you mean about the Grand Floridian. I once took my mom to Narcoossee's so we had to walk through the hotel, and even though I had changed out of my park outfit into something nicer for dinner, I still felt incredibly trashy. That entire place makes me feel like I ought to be wearing a ballgown, or at least a tasteful cocktail dress and heels. One of these trips I want to eat at V&A's for the sole purpose of dressing up in something completely over-the-top that I would never have an occasion to wear otherwise. If only I could figure out how to stuff a hoop skirt and crinoline into my luggage.

I once took my mom to Narcoossee's so we had to walk through the hotel, and even though I had changed out of my park outfit into something nicer for dinner, I still felt incredibly trashy.
It feels even more awkward when there’s a wedding party dressed in formal wear hanging our for pictures like on my last visit. :p

Last month we were there when my wife had a Spa appointment. I'm coming down the grand staircase wearing cargo pants, polo shirt, and sandals (tripping partway down of course). I feel like Carson from Downton Abbey is going to show up and say “WHAT are you doing UPSTAIRS…and DRESSED like that?! Get back downstairs before his Lordship sees you!!”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter