What is too old for a Build a Bear Party

elf

DIS Veteran
Reading the other Build a Bear thread got me thinking. My kids started a new school this year so my 9 turning 10 yr. old dd does not have a lot of friends. She wants a Build a Bear Party the end Feb. She made about 4 friends and wants to ask them (hopefully they will RSVP and show) as well as her cousin 11 yrs. old, and my other dd 12.

Are 4th graders too old? I'm afraid other kids won't be interested that they are too old. What do you think?

I have seen lots of parties at Build-A-Bear where the birthday girl and guests were about 10, so I don't think it is too old at all.

I don't have children myself, but I work with elementary school kids. The fourth grade girls at my schools are usually still into Build-a-Bear. There may be a few girls who want to appear "cool" and will say it's babyish, but I would bet those same girls would turn around and instantly want to go to Build-a-Bear if they were invited to a party there!

Fourth grade is still good. I did a party for 4th graders when I worked there and they had a blast. Funny thing was I had substituted for their class just a few days earlier!

my 4th grade boy still loves build a bear, but for him its waning (it helps that we have one at the zoo so he can get way different animals and that we can do a build a fredbird)

My daughter, who will be 8 on her next birthday, wants to have a Build-A-Bear party.

I agree w/the other poster. My DD would still be into it (she's getting ready to turn 10 too), there are some that probably feel it's too "babyish". I say do what makes her happy. DD wants a Mr. Men party, she thinks it's too babyish but wants it anyway. I told her it's her bday, do what she wants. It's a tough age though! My DD is still on the more innocent end of the age group & hope she stays that way for awhile longer!

Happy Birthday to your DD!

I agree with the other posters that it is not too old, and actually, a lot of the accessories are pretty cool and cute and appeal to some of the 'older' kids!

I also agree w/ the PP. 9 or 10 is not too old for a build-a-bear party. I have seen what look like a group of 12yo having a blast picking out hair & accessories for their bears :cheer2: so I say go for it. Let your DD enjoy being a kid & have her party where she wants. It will be fine.:lovestruc

My DD is turning 9. She is not into Build abear. She is in 3rd grade. She went with her girl scout troop a few years ago and that bear just sat in the basement.

I agree with the other posters that it is not too old, and actually, a lot of the accessories are pretty cool and cute and appeal to some of the 'older' kids!

ITA! They're not too old!
My older cheerleader daughter and her (cool ;)) friends all made cheer bears there over Christmas! They want to make another when the accessories change!
Heck, *I* wanted to make a bear, too!

(why oh why oh why are kids allowed to grow up soo quickly? :sad: )

Heck, *I* wanted to make a bear, too!

(why oh why oh why are kids allowed to grow up soo quickly? :sad: )

Which may explain why I tore out a coupon just yesterday! I have two boys 11 and 15 - so why did I tear out that coupon?? :rotfl: I wish someone would invite me to go :lovestruc

Great, I'm definately going to do it for her. She really wants it, I was just afraid kids wouldn't be interested.
She mentioned it in front of my older daughters friend today and the friend who is 12 wanted to be invited LOL.
I better get crackin on that coupon.
I going to invite less people (since she doesn't have a ton of friends) and raise the price a bit so they could get bear and outfit.

is turning 11 in a few weeks and I mentioned it (as a joke, because she has never been into toys of any kind) and she laughed and said that she was too old. I said, "Oh come on, you know you guys would have a great time." She smiled and said, "Yeah, we would." But it's a definite no go 'cause she never plays with her other one.

and for the grown ups.. My kids took me one year for my birthday and we had a blast. They did the voice recording where they said, "Happy Birthday, we love you Mommy!" One of my favorite gifts ever. For Christmas this year they bought her a holiday dress.

When my family and I were at the mall the other day, a girl was having her 16th birthday party at Build-a-bear. They all looked like having a great time dressing their critters.

I'm actually 13 and my 14th birthday is coming up in February. I have six of my best friends coming with be to build a bear and we are going to have a party. It's a fun thing to do with your friends, and no matter the age, it's still fun. I can't wait, and the employees sure do get a good laugh at it and seem to have more fun

I have a 10 year old dd, and she would love Build a bear. I had never done a formal b-day party for her (3rd child syndrome I guess!) so this year she wanted a real party. We got a bouncy house! It was a huge hit. I was sure they would jump a few minutes and quit....they were in there for hours.

I hope she has a great time!

I do not think it is too old at all to have a party at Build-a-Bear, next year might be a different story. I wanted to mention that Costco frequently has $100 worth of GC for $80. It might be worth looking into if you (or someone you know) has a membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter