What is the weirdest thing you have woke up to?

My husky woke me up one night as she jumped on the bed and was chewing at something. It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on - she had a giant sticky trap stuck to her paw. And to make it worse - the dead rat that had been stuck to that sticky trap was now in the middle of my bedroom floor. So half asleep I had to figure out how to get a sticky trap off of my mega hairy husky without getting myself all gooped up. But the worst part was disposing of the giant rat. This wasn't a little mouse. Nor a pet-sized rat. This thing was nearly the size of a small cat. Oh the things my husband has missed while working the night shift.

The sound of somebody smashing through a fence followed by two gunshots. I looked out the window and saw nothing. A little while later I awoke to police lights outside. Turns out somebody was breaking into my car to steal my stereo stuff. A neighbor was an off duty cop who took shots at the perps as the ran through the back yard fence.

I am always the first one up at our house. One morning I went downstairs to the kitchen and found a bat flying from one side of the house to the other and back again. I opened the door and did everything I could to get it to fly out, but only succeeded in getting it to land and hang in our vaulted window area...pretty much a bat in my belfry! We ended up throwing rolled up socks at it to get it to start flying again and it eventually swooped low enough to get out the door.

About a year later, on a hot, summer night, we had our master bedroom windows open (screens in). Something woke me up and I looked over towards the window and could see something climbing around there, but I thought it was on the outside trying to get in. I jumped up and slammed the window down. I then woke up my husband before blinding him by turning the lights on, only to find that the "critter" (it was a flying squirrel) had actually been inside our house and was now attempting to get OUT through our bedroom screen. We assumed it was because it could smell the night air coming in there. I had managed to trap it between the screen and the glass, so it took a whole lot of finagling to try and pop the screen out without letting the animal back into the house.

By that point, with two unwanted guests under our belts, we decided to call the very next morning and get a special cap for the top of our chimney, with that being the only reasonable explanation for how they were getting in. As the guy was out working on the chimney, my husband was on the ground below watching, in case the guy needed anything. The worker shouted down and said, "Be careful! There are flying squirrels all over in these trees." Ummm...yeah...thanks for the tip! That's why you are here.

Anyway, since then, we haven't had any other trespassers. I love animals, but some of them I would prefer to only see outside of my home. (Especially that snake that was posted! That story wins!)

You just reminded me that I once woke up to a 4 foot black snake slithering up a shelf in my room. It knocked stuff off the shelf and that woke me up. When I opened my eyes and tried to figure out what was going on, I didn't have my eyeglasses on and when I looked, I thought, what is that branch doing in my room and leaning up on the shelf like that? Then, it moved. I grabbed my glasses and saw it was a snake and I about had a heart attack. My parents were at church and I tried to call and text them so my dad could get it out. No one was answering me and I was really starting to freak out. I picked up the dog and got out of the room, but I didn't know what to do. What if it hid and then my dad couldn't find it. I called my friend and his wife answered and said he wasn't home. She is braver than I am and she said she would come over and get it. She brought a bag and one of those gripping things, like some people use to reach high up items. My friend, the snake wrangler, props to her, she got it out of my room!

I snapped an iPhone photo. Well, a few. The first couple i was shaking so hard, the photo was blurry. I knew if I didn't get a photo, my parents would think I was exaggerating.

View attachment 210841

If that would've been me, my neighbors would have woken up to a house fire at my place. A big one.

I have also woken up from a dream, and had the dream continue when my eyes were open.

My doctor asked me if this had ever happened to me, I was so glad I could tell her no, until she said, "It's rather unpleasant unless, you know, you're dreaming of Channing Tatum sitting on the edge of your bed."

My DD had night terrors when she was 3, and I would frequently wake up to her screaming for help. I knew they were night terrors, but that initial scream woke me up in a panic every single time.

A cold shower in my face. In a women's dormitory bathroom in college. Apparently I had passed out there one drunken night.

My doctor asked me if this had ever happened to me, I was so glad I could tell her no, until she said, "It's rather unpleasant unless, you know, you're dreaming of Channing Tatum sitting on the edge of your bed."

My DD had night terrors when she was 3, and I would frequently wake up to her screaming for help. I knew they were night terrors, but that initial scream woke me up in a panic every single time.

Lol, I'd be happy if it happened to me and it was Robert Downey Jr sitting on my bed. I could gawk at him all day....

Was awoken out of a dead sleep at about 3am because of the Northridge earthquake. Thought that my roommate was bumping into my bed. Nope, it was the earthquake! Power was out all over our neck of the woods for several hours because of the earthquake.

Someone breaking OUT of my house. Thief came in one way and tried to leave through another door that needed a key to get out. He panicked and picked up the bike he had stolen from us and smashed it through my leaded glass porch window. Despite 7 police cruisers showing up at my house in minutes, thief got away with a very expensive bike. Absolutely terrified my poor kids.

I am always the first one up at our house. One morning I went downstairs to the kitchen and found a bat flying from one side of the house to the other and back again. I opened the door and did everything I could to get it to fly out, but only succeeded in getting it to land and hang in our vaulted window area...pretty much a bat in my belfry! We ended up throwing rolled up socks at it to get it to start flying again and it eventually swooped low enough to get out the door.

About a year later, on a hot, summer night, we had our master bedroom windows open (screens in). Something woke me up and I looked over towards the window and could see something climbing around there, but I thought it was on the outside trying to get in. I jumped up and slammed the window down. I then woke up my husband before blinding him by turning the lights on, only to find that the "critter" (it was a flying squirrel) had actually been inside our house and was now attempting to get OUT through our bedroom screen. We assumed it was because it could smell the night air coming in there. I had managed to trap it between the screen and the glass, so it took a whole lot of finagling to try and pop the screen out without letting the animal back into the house.

By that point, with two unwanted guests under our belts, we decided to call the very next morning and get a special cap for the top of our chimney, with that being the only reasonable explanation for how they were getting in. As the guy was out working on the chimney, my husband was on the ground below watching, in case the guy needed anything. The worker shouted down and said, "Be careful! There are flying squirrels all over in these trees." Ummm...yeah...thanks for the tip! That's why you are here.

Anyway, since then, we haven't had any other trespassers. I love animals, but some of them I would prefer to only see outside of my home. (Especially that snake that was posted! That story wins!)

I've woken up to a bat flying over my head at my cottage. I almost smothered myself under the covers until my husband was able to deal with it.

You just reminded me that I once woke up to a 4 foot black snake slithering up a shelf in my room. It knocked stuff off the shelf and that woke me up. When I opened my eyes and tried to figure out what was going on, I didn't have my eyeglasses on and when I looked, I thought, what is that branch doing in my room and leaning up on the shelf like that? Then, it moved. I grabbed my glasses and saw it was a snake and I about had a heart attack. My parents were at church and I tried to call and text them so my dad could get it out. No one was answering me and I was really starting to freak out. I picked up the dog and got out of the room, but I didn't know what to do. What if it hid and then my dad couldn't find it. I called my friend and his wife answered and said he wasn't home. She is braver than I am and she said she would come over and get it. She brought a bag and one of those gripping things, like some people use to reach high up items. My friend, the snake wrangler, props to her, she got it out of my room!

I snapped an iPhone photo. Well, a few. The first couple i was shaking so hard, the photo was blurry. I knew if I didn't get a photo, my parents would think I was exaggerating.

View attachment 210841

WINNER.

The doorbell ringing on an icy cold winter night around 3am when I was about 19 and still living at my mother's house. A very scared, shaken teenage girl had missed the curve in the road in front of our house and ended up with her car teetering on our large landscaping rock in the yard. We let her in and gave her the phone to call her mother. This was before cell phones, and you could hear her mom yelling at her on the landlines about missing curfew and why the heck was she trying to drive on icy roads I the middle of the night. Poor girl.

I cant really think of anything but I do know any women who ever went to bed next to me, what there answer would be

Woke up one night to hear water dripping with a loud and metallic echo sound!

Turned out that we had a leak in the basement plumbing that entered the heat duct system; loved that house but the plumbing was a nightmare for 30 years from Day 1 on.

Woke up to the cat chasing mice and birds around the sitting room on too many occasions!

Also, woke to the door banging, lights and bed swaying from the recent NZ earthquake. It was like a horror film until we realised it was a quake!

I posted about this 8 or so years ago, but I woke up around 2am to a bat flying over my head in our current house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter