What is the "life hack" that you began doing one day that is now a standard practice in your life

Hillbeans

I told them I like Michael Bolton
I got thinking about this when going through the endless amounts of mismatched socks from my son and started only buying him the same brand and color of sock, so no more mismatches :) (he still has a few pairs of colorful socks for special occasions).

What is something you learned or started doing one day to save you time or frustration?

Storing the cat box scoop in a gallon zip bag, and then using that bag to scoop the box the next night. (I keep a package of them under the bathroom sink, and just pull one out when I finish and store the scoop for the next day.) - It's so much better than the plastic holder that used to get all dirty!

Also, not really a hack, but learning to set reminders in my phone was huge for me! I definitely save a lot of frustration by not getting behind on things.

Storing the cat box scoop in a gallon zip bag, and then using that bag to scoop the box the next night. (I keep a package of them under the bathroom sink, and just pull one out when I finish and store the scoop for the next day.) - It's so much better than the plastic holder that used to get all dirty!

Also, not really a hack, but learning to set reminders in my phone was huge for me! I definitely save a lot of frustration by not getting behind on things.
Yes both great hacks. I am always looking for ways to make litter box clean-up more efficient.

Phone hacks are awesome too!

keeping a rectangular laundry basket in the car. started when kids were little-all their school stuff went into it for drop off/they piled everything into it at pickup/it went into entryway so i could go through it and prep it for the next day. over the years it's transitioned to putting bags of groceries and to-go bags of food into so they don't tip over. now i also keep the reusable grocery bags in them.

I get my kid dressed in tomorrow's clothes right before he goes to bed. He's a boy and 4 so he basically just wears basketball shorts and t-shirts - virtually pajamas :laughing:. Saves lots of time in the morning deciding what shirt he wants to wear. A trick my cousin taught me. ;) Her son will be 11 this year!

When serving broth soups to kids, putting one or two ice cubes in the bowl to cool it down first. I also used to put frozen peas in the bowl before ladling in chicken noodle soup for my kids and my kids still sometimes eat it this way. I used to give my toddlers cream of tomato soup, but served it in a sippy cup with a little extra milk added to cool it off. No mess.

Another thing that I have done is print out my most often used recipes. I slide them into plastic sheet protectors (not a necessary step, but keeps them clean) and hang them in my upper cabinet doors. This places the recipes at eye level and I don't have to flip open a cookbook or look up a recipe, just so I can recall if it is 1/2 teaspoon or 3/4 of a teaspoon of salt in my favourite coconut rice recipe.
Recipe.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter